Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

1 minute ago, Arnuld said:

I’m assuming these leaked clips were the proof these songs exist. Atlas sounds promising but audio quality is shit. Hope all these songs leak in full ASAP. 

CITR sounded like shit until imsorry fixed it  up and now the quality is great. 

2 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

CITR sounded like shit until imsorry fixed it  up and now the quality is great. 

True. But the original Catcher was not recorded through a cell phone. 

Edited by Arnuld

1 minute ago, lame ass security said:

In a good or bad way?

I was expecting it to be an epic of sorts. It has an acoustic sound and has a lot less rasp than i expected it to (virtually zero in the clip), but it still sounds great (regardless of the poor audio quality). It's different in an ambivalent way.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Creed said:

to be honest: neither hard school nor atlas sounds like hit material. 

its the CD mess we already heard. don't expect anything melodic.

8 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

I still don’t understand how “Hardschool” didn’t make the album. There’s your hit single right there.

Two completely different comments within a minute of each other. :lol:

I believe that Hardschool could be a single hit, especially in today's pop/rock atmosphere. It's very upbeat and catchy. I'm not sure Atlas has the same potential though, judging by the 1 minute clip i heard. I suppose it could pull off a Patience if there are other surprises there.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

Does anyone else sort of like that CD wasn’t this massive success? Like it’s this weird thing that only belongs to you? I mean really, how many of us have people in our real lives who give a shit about any of this? There is just something about following this shit show that stirs something in me that can’t be explained.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TeeJay410 said:

Does anyone else sort of like that CD wasn’t this massive success? Like it’s this weird thing that only belongs to you? I mean really, how many of us have people in our real lives who give a shit about any of this? There is just something about following this shit show that stirs something in me that can’t be explained.

In a weird way, totally. Its our little weirdo cult :)

I love all you guys!

• Like 2

"Atlas Shrugged, I was going to tell a little story about that song. Right now on my laptop, I actually have the old guitar solo that I played for that song, when, two days before the album was going to be mastered, I was like, let's see if we can squeeze it on to the album. I busted out some guitar tracks for it, I have my own studio...

But, because the CD could only be 74 minutes max, and it would've taken it past the limit of what a CD can store, we couldn't put Atlas Shrugged on Chinese Democracy. It wasn't worth making a two-CD album with just one song on the other CD, so hopefully, on ChiDem 2, it'll have Atlas Shrugged on there. Interesting song." (Bumblefoot, Eat More Heat, 03/02/13)

• Like 2

Damn..... I seriously thought this was all bullshit. So similar to what literally JUST happened with Radiohead and that idiot trying to hold the OK Computer Sessions for $15,000. Classy move on their part, releasing 15 hours of its entirety. 

difference being, much of those Radiohead sessions were jams/demos, songs that made the record, with the exception of 6-7 unheard gems in early form.

I never imagined anything, aside from what we've already heard in since the original Chinese Democracy leaks, and the occasional leak ("Silkworms", This I Love Remix, Roy Thomas Baker demos, etc) that we'd ever, EVER get something like this. He'll, those GNR sessions are only 2-4 years away from Radiohead's 95-97 recordings. 

Yes, it's impossible to judge (or really even hear much of anything) based on a minute -long clip of Atlas and less than a minute of Checkmate/ Jackie but I do like what I'm hearing. 

For whomever is responsible, who has these CDs in their possession, can you please give us a bit of description of what all of this is. Not just song titles, dates but since everything was in infancy form in 2000, are any of these songs stuff we actually have heard, but has just been renamed? Whatever the case is ... Yes, this is all VERY exciting. Akin to those 2006/2007 years I remember so fondly. But no, as for legal ramifications and the fact that these were obtained and shared illegally, no. That parts not cool. Yes, I do realize I'm a complete hypocrite for even listening.

Edited by Estrangedfx
  • Like 1