Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

4 minutes ago, zombux said:

there's already tons of these on the internet - both AFD and UYI mix tapes. I already included the yesterdays' batch into my sheet (see the other topic).

Thanks. Of course I got all the old stuff. Was just confused about ypur pic without any text within the current discussion. ;-)

2 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Thanks. Of course I got all the old stuff. Was just confused about ypur pic without any text within the current discussion. ;-)

well these are not "old" - they are "newly surfaced" and unreleased - yet.

Just now, angriestwhopper said:

What about this awful the general leak that was the worst potato sounding recording ever? I havent listened to that in a while and that wasnt recorded in these village sessions right?

No that wasn’t recorded in the Village sessions. Based off what information we had that was most likely recorded around 2001-2004

1 minute ago, zombux said:

well these are not "old" - they are "newly surfaced" and unreleased - yet.

Oh. I thought we are talking the ones which are online for years (Q-mixes and stuff). Didn’t check the details of the Dat tapes shown in your picture. But didn’t you say there are already tons if these on the internet?

Sorry for being confused after 50 pages of mayhem :-)

2 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Oh. I thought we are talking the ones which are online for years (Q-mixes and stuff). Didn’t check the details of the Dat tapes shown in your picture. But didn’t you say there are already tons if these on the internet?

Sorry for being confused after 50 pages of mayhem :-)

I'll try to put pieces of my memory together :)

yes, there are some of the DAT tapes floating for years publicly - like the "Ruffs with new Slash guitar" or "Q-mixes", maybe a few more (remember there are some bootlegs with unknown source - like Axl's Advance Copy - these probably must have originated from DAT tapes like this).

I think it was last year when some DAT tapes surfaced, and someone bought them and just showed the labels with tracklist. I actually think those were two or three separate cases, in one case the tapes turned out to be fake but the inserts seemed legit, in other case(s) the tapes were real. so or so, all those so far were various UYI mixing tapes, mostly very different or almost like the album mixes.

now some more DAT tapes surfaced, not only UYI but also AFD mixing tapes. some of them have already been bought and are floating somewhere (not publicly), some are still for sale - I don't have direct link to the auction, can't be bothered to care about AFD mix tape which is more or less the same as album mix, for $750 per tape :) 

but there are some indications that these might be shared at some point - of course the most important word there is "might be". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

I hope we can hear at least a clip of 'Soul Monster'

Going Down...
Hard School...
Atlas Shrugged...

I'm sure the tracklist of the new album won't disappoint. I'm so fucking stoked. I still hope it's called Stay of Execution

in my humble opinion, the main problem at those tracks is, that they sound cool to us because they are pure late 90's-ish. but they are VERY dated at today's musical standard. I can't see any way how these might make a cut at 2019 album.

I'd say these tracks should remain "officially unreleased".

• Confused 1

Just now, Axl_morris said:

So is all this going or leak or what?

I don't have the energy to be teased with leaks for years and years..

GNR might just leak their new album in record stores beginning of next year

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Going Down...
Hard School...
Atlas Shrugged...

I'm sure the tracklist of the new album won't disappoint. I'm so fucking stoked. I still hope it's called Stay of Execution

Even if there was a new album, and even if it included Chinese Leftovers, there is no way in fucking hell Going Down will be part of it. They aren’t going to release a song solely written by Tommy, with him singing the lead vocals.

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:
6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Going Down...
Hard School...
Atlas Shrugged...

Even if there was a new album, and even if it included Chinese Leftovers, there is no way in fucking hell Going Down will be part of it. They aren’t going to release a song solely written by Tommy, with him singing the lead vocals.

I think Duff would do a great job on Going Down. But it'd be hilarious if they ended up releasing it with Tommy, just so out of place lol!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zombux said:

I'll try to put pieces of my memory together :)

yes, there are some of the DAT tapes floating for years publicly - like the "Ruffs with new Slash guitar" or "Q-mixes", maybe a few more (remember there are some bootlegs with unknown source - like Axl's Advance Copy - these probably must have originated from DAT tapes like this).

I think it was last year when some DAT tapes surfaced, and someone bought them and just showed the labels with tracklist. I actually think those were two or three separate cases, in one case the tapes turned out to be fake but the inserts seemed legit, in other case(s) the tapes were real. so or so, all those so far were various UYI mixing tapes, mostly very different or almost like the album mixes.

now some more DAT tapes surfaced, not only UYI but also AFD mixing tapes. some of them have already been bought and are floating somewhere (not publicly), some are still for sale - I don't have direct link to the auction, can't be bothered to care about AFD mix tape which is more or less the same as album mix, for $750 per tape :) 

but there are some indications that these might be shared at some point - of course the most important word there is "might be". 

Dat knocking on heavens door 1990 is on ebay atm. No idea if different mixes are on these so never bought one. They appear everynow and then.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F182124088521

Edited by vloors

5 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Let's start a petition:

GUNS N' ROSES, PLAY HARDSCHOOL AND ATLAS SHRUGGED AT YOUR UPCOMING OCTOBER SHOWS!

That would be pretty sick. Would love to see Slash and Duff try it.

1 hour ago, Flake said:

I’m not so fond of atlas yet but fuck me! Hard school is killer. Please let them rerecord it with slash

Yeah, I could be down with that. I still would like them to do all new songs but this one would be cool to add.

1 hour ago, Grayfox said:

Truth be told these days this is the only real forum left. 

Damn right

1 hour ago, Flake said:

I’m kinda glad they didnt put these songs on cd. Now we get to enjoy them with slash and not with those other hacks

Maybe, if they rerecord them. But I agree.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I'm afraid that it may have the opposite effect and halt the process of working on a new album, if they're reworking any of this material. I think Axl wouldn't want any old versions out there - and probably Slash wouldn't either.

True

Ok thoughts on new songs:

Atlas: sounds cool, need to hear more to make a proper judgement. Would sound great with a soulful Slash solo.

Hard School/Checkmate/whatever you guys are calling it: sounds pretty rocking. Would love to hear it with Slash and Duff on it.

Also, these songs sound way better without all the extra layers and stuff that ended up on CD.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, zombux said:

in my humble opinion, the main problem at those tracks is, that they sound cool to us because they are pure late 90's-ish. but they are VERY dated at today's musical standard. I can't see any way how these might make a cut at 2019 album.

I'd say these tracks should remain "officially unreleased".

Todays musical standard is shithouse tbh. 

Sounds good and all, but nothing earth shattering. Axl's voice is pretty dope on Hard School.

In my opinion, on the topic of the music sounding dated, yes, it kinda does. Atlas sounds 90's and Hard School sounds 80's, but Guns shouldn't aim to sound modern. They should aim to sound timeless.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

@Blackstar you gotta tell me what part of my post you like haha

Most of it. I'd love to hear these songs with Slash and Duff and I'm glad that any versions reworked by the DJ Ashba lineup weren't released. I think, though, that Axl should have released them when all that stuff was originally supposed to be released, ie. around 2000. 

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1