Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

2 minutes ago, vloors said:

Was wondering about the song " Real  Girl Dot Com" so visited the actual site. Had a chuckle like wtf did axl actually go here and make a song about it. Funny bastard.

Probably just a title to identify the song with, rather than naming it "New Song #99" and losing track of what's what. Funny name though

Edited by Shackler's
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, zombux said:

I'll try to put pieces of my memory together :)

yes, there are some of the DAT tapes floating for years publicly - like the "Ruffs with new Slash guitar" or "Q-mixes", maybe a few more (remember there are some bootlegs with unknown source - like Axl's Advance Copy - these probably must have originated from DAT tapes like this).

I think it was last year when some DAT tapes surfaced, and someone bought them and just showed the labels with tracklist. I actually think those were two or three separate cases, in one case the tapes turned out to be fake but the inserts seemed legit, in other case(s) the tapes were real. so or so, all those so far were various UYI mixing tapes, mostly very different or almost like the album mixes.

now some more DAT tapes surfaced, not only UYI but also AFD mixing tapes. some of them have already been bought and are floating somewhere (not publicly), some are still for sale - I don't have direct link to the auction, can't be bothered to care about AFD mix tape which is more or less the same as album mix, for $750 per tape :) 

but there are some indications that these might be shared at some point - of course the most important word there is "might be". 

Out of likes: Thank you very much:-)

5 minutes ago, vloors said:

Was wondering about the song " Real  Girl Dot Com" so visited the actual site. Had a chuckle like wtf did axl actually go here and make a song about it. Funny bastard.

That site and dolls were very popular back then. I first heard about them through a magazine article in late 99 or january 2000 the latest, that perfectly fits with the time frame of these songs.

• Haha 1

A quick question: 

We have got this Tom Zutaut-locker-stoyline, right?

How does theleak of the current Sweet Child rehearsal fit in? 

I just had quick listen on my cell phone and could not clearly identify Slash but lots of you did, right? Hence, this recording could not have been part of mystery locker findings Tom Zutaut left in early 2000s. 

1 minute ago, zigzagbigbag said:

A quick question: 

We have got this Tom Zutaut-locker-stoyline, right?

How does theleak of the current Sweet Child rehearsal fit in? 

I just had quick listen on my cell phone and could not clearly identify Slash but lots of you did, right? Hence, this recording could not have been part of mystery locker findings Tom Zutaut left in early 2000s. 

I think the rehearsal is completely unrelated, it already surfaced a few weeks ago if I remember correctly.

+ the rehearsal is definitely from recent tour, because the vocals sound like utter shit :) 

1 minute ago, zombux said:

I think the rehearsal is completely unrelated, it already surfaced a few weeks ago if I remember correctly.

+ the rehearsal is definitely from recent tour, because the vocals sound like utter shit :) 

What date did the rehearsal leak? Any track of that? For archive purposes :headbang:

Just now, Shackler's said:

What date did the rehearsal leak? Any track of that? For archive purposes :headbang:

I don't remember at this point, I didn't care (and didn't even download it) back then... maybe someone else knows

8 hours ago, donny said:

there is some reference to a song for the Jackie Chan movie on this webpage.

no way am i gonna sit and search out the one paragraph you want though :) 

i read it some time ago. it is there. good luck.

http://ladydairhean.0catch.com/Axl/controversy.htm

Thanks for that, a nice little CTRL+F helped me find it quick!

March 12, 1998: It was rumored that a new song by GN'R will be released on March 20. The previously unreleased song will appear on the soundtrack for the Jackie Chan movie "A Nice Guy". The song was recorded before Slash left the band.

4 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:
9 hours ago, donny said:

there is some reference to a song for the Jackie Chan movie on this webpage.

no way am i gonna sit and search out the one paragraph you want though :) 

i read it some time ago. it is there. good luck.

http://ladydairhean.0catch.com/Axl/controversy.htm

Thanks for that, a nice little CTRL+F helped me find it quick!

March 12, 1998: It was rumored that a new song by GN'R will be released on March 20. The previously unreleased song will appear on the soundtrack for the Jackie Chan movie "A Nice Guy". The song was recorded before Slash left the band.

So if this is the case, there's a "Jackie Chan" (not Checkmate/Hard School) song with Slash in the dusty vault?

Edited by Shackler's

I haven't heard this SCOM rehearsal you guys are talking about.

But what's the big deal about that?  Is it a soundcheck before a show?  A soundboard rehearsal in a studio space?  Either way, it's gonna sound like the audio we already have shitloads of from NITL.  We have two soundboard recordings of SCOM from 2017 and Axl was....not at his best.

I guess anything "new" is fun, but I just don't see the excitement about that.

Similarly, there's a file on soundcloud called "Catcher in the Rye 2002 demo" that's apparently been there since 2013 but people on reddit are freaking out over it.  Sounds like something our extremely talented Evader could have whipped up.  Levels and guitars are different, but vocals are the same of course.  For something that like that it's most likely a fan remix, no?  Nothing to get your panties twisted about?

Unfortunately these tracks will never be released officially. Will never have CD II, or a boxset. I'm pretty confident about that.

It could had happened all those years, when the reunion was just something to laugh about..

This story here with 15? 20? discs, proves that "Axl's vault" is not a joke.

And @Dexter.. Goddamn it man.. Just release some music. That's all we want. We all know you read these with @Fernando.

5 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Similarly, there's a file on soundcloud called "Catcher in the Rye 2002 demo" that's apparently been there since 2013 but people on reddit are freaking out over it.  Sounds like something our extremely talented Evader could have whipped up.  Levels and guitars are different, but vocals are the same of course.  For something that like that it's most likely a fan remix, no?  Nothing to get your panties twisted about?

yes, fanmade.

6 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Yeah that's probably fanmade. There are no demos from 2002 floating around.

Just now, Liquor & Whores said:

this Hard School / Checkmate or whatever it's called [0:37] sounds really good... would love to have a full song

that is glued together from the old "Checkmate" leak and new Hard School excerpt. surprisingly those two pieces fit together (no idea if the person who did that edited them a bit to fit - I never bothered to start up Audacity and check that)