Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Would definitely be interesting. He has becomg a GNR-forum joke, but the guy is a surprisingly weird and important part of GNR-lore.

vanishes off the face of the planet

Your comment reminded me of @luiz.

May we never forget:

Edited by Amir
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

People are always trying to pass such utter crap off as GNR. 

Luckily there are a very few people out there working on behalf of the fans. 

I'm not talking about people who sit in the shadows and point fingers at "the hoarder" but people who actually share music with the stared fan base instead of sitting on it trying to make a buck off of work that's not even theirs. 

Good on anyone who had a track record of uncovering unheard and unseen material, then sharing it with the real fans. 

The people that sit back actually hoarding material make me sick. 

big hats off to good people like Rick. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

People are always trying to pass such utter crap off as GNR. 

I'm not talking about people who sit in the shadows and point fingers at "the hoarder" but people who actually share music with the stared fan base instead of sitting on it trying to make a buck off of work that's not even theirs. 

Good on anyone who had a track record of uncovering unheard and unseen material, then sharing it with the real fans. 

As a mod you are actively encouraging leaking all these tracks for all to hear?  Don't get me wrong, great, just surprised is all! :headbang:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, troccoli said:

As a mod you are actively encouraging leaking all these tracks for all to hear?  Don't get me wrong, great, just surprised is all! :headbang:

I’m going to be honest troccoli, if anyone has something worth trading then it’s likely gonna be you!

I just wish we knew what this person actually wanted!

Pretty much sounds the case that some exec got given a load of stuff years back with a view to deciding what should be released. They essentially said "It's all shite. Come up with something better." and it's sat locked away ever since.

6 hours ago, Route66 said:

this is cool.. anyone heard it yet? 

This would be my idea of hell if I'm honest. It sounds like a Skid row song that they didn't think was good enough to put on the album. 

I highly doubt we'll get anything remotely close to this from Axl and Slash. I'd love to hear a little bit of the sleaze, and swagger back in GNR though. 

Also... definitely not Axl.

Edited by Tom2112

59 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

Pretty much sounds the case that some exec got given a load of stuff years back with a view to deciding what should be released. They essentially said "It's all shite. Come up with something better." and it's sat locked away ever since.

It was Zutaut's locker... he wasn't the one that decided those things. Well he was, but he wasn't the one that made the final call.

Yeah and whoever bought the songs and everything else from the locker is a lucky sob.

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I do agree. Although I wouldn't want to be a Kevin "Skwerl" and get caught. Tough decision.

7 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Such as Axl Rose? :P

Hahahaha, solid point actually. Touche! :)

4 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

I do agree. Although I wouldn't want to be a Kevin "Skwerl" and get caught. Tough decision.

There are ways to share without hosting them on your own website like he did lol

59 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

There are ways to share without hosting them on your own website like he did lol

And how do you know that GN'R doesn't know who has it already? If it's only one person and it was on ebay, it's not difficult.

Just now, lantern said:

And how do you know that GN'R doesn't know who has it already? If it's only one person and it was on ebay, it's not difficult.

There's always far more than one person involved in these situations. I'm just going by history, so I'm not trying to state fact, I'm just saying how it's always been historically.

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

There's always far more than one person involved in these situations. I'm just going by history, so I'm not trying to state fact, I'm just saying how it's always been historically.

Not only that. I mean, if you leak it in a way that can't be traced back to you, legally it can't be proven you're the source even if you're the one who currently has the material.

1 hour ago, Twinaleblood said:

Sharing the music or not, I hope whoever has these cds will release more detailed info soon at least. I'm curious about a bunch of things I wrote in a post I made yesterday. I hope it doesn't get lost into this big thread.

Yeah - I was wondering if it has got to the point of deserving it’s own thread or renaming this one as it’s almost exclusively about this new news? @RussTCB

Just now, Twinaleblood said:

Not only that. I mean, if you leak it in a way that can't be traced back to you, legally it can't be proven you're the source even if you're the one who currently has the material.

That's what I've always heard.

For the record; I'm not involved in any of this. No one ever gives me any unreleased material because of my 20+ year stance that I would just leak it immediately. I do not believe in hoarding and I certainly do not believe in making money off of someone else's work.

I do know for a fact that many, many people are constantly making thousands of dollars off of other fans by selling unreleased GN'R material and I'd love to see that stop. 

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

Yeah - I was wondering if it has got to the point of deserving it’s own thread or renaming this one as it’s almost exclusively about this new news? @RussTCB

Good point. I'll rename the thread since it's evolved far past the original intent.

• Like 3