Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

4 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Definitely in the minority but I am most excited to hear a proper stereo version of Silkworms. I've been waiting for that for over 15 years! 

Do we know if Bucket is on the AFD recording at all? I'd pay good money to hear studio versions of his Nightrain solo. 

As far as I know AFD was recorded when he wasn't in the band yet and I don't think they had him overdub those tracks later on. 

That said, WTTJ from AFD 99 was mixed in 2001 to be used in the Black Hawk Down movie. That never came to be, but I wonder if they added Bucket and Brain before mixing it. I don't think so, but there might be a tiny chance.

EDIT: forgot to add that I would sell my brother to cannibals for a studio version of Bucket's Nightrain solo (see Boston 2002. Holy fuck).

Edited by Twinaleblood
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@axlrosefan4life, can you please answer this..... Let's say you take away 3-4 of your favourite tracks that made it onto Chinese Democracy, and let's assume it were a double album.... Assuming they put 2 of the best CD songs on each.... Two on Chinese, and Two on this new set of songs/sessions. How would it compare, despite their rough, demo form??

In other words, can you PLEASE elaborate on each song with Vocals? Nothing too specific. Just 1 out of10 rating for each? Orrrrr..... If these are to become available, can you simply "not answer", indicating that we can judge for ourselves by today or tomorrow?

Edited by Estrangedfx

15 minutes ago, Creed said:

i hated silkworms until the HOB DVD leak. Hard School and Silkworms not being on CD 1 kill the theory about the final selection made up by russ.

Silkworms..... Meh. However, that teeny-tiny little breakdown, when the gentle guitars come in and Axl sings/croons/whispers a few lyrics, before the song explodes back into absurdity.... It's quite a beautiful few melodic moments in any otherwise mess of a song. You know what part I'm referring to? I can't make out the lyrics, really. 

Having said that,. ANYTHING with Axl on vocals, in any form, I'm happy to hear.  :)

As for Hard School, minus it's ridiculous title... It's pretty god damn awesome. That additional minute long clip exceeded my expectations. The original leak, i was  optimistic. Now, I'm convinced it's a gem. 

Edited by Estrangedfx

12 minutes ago, Creed said:

i hated silkworms until the HOB DVD leak. Hard School and Silkworms not being on CD 1 kill the theory about the final selection made up by russ.

Huh? Those songs not being on CD would actually support my theory given that the album we got was mostly made up of songs that leaked. 

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Huh? Those songs not being on CD would actually support my theory given that the album we got was mostly made up of songs that leaked. 

My theory is that there is a lot of material floating around. The "hoarders" got a leaked tracklist before Nov 23 2008 then sold what they had before it became worthless. 

It always amazed me back in the day that most of CD was recorded in 99-01, at least Axl's parts, and the initial live versions didn't match the demos. Like the gruffy Madagascar voice compared to 01 or the CD intro. It's such an interesting album with all the cutting and pasting that went down.

Anyways, these are cool to hear. Like other people mentioned it's more just laying curious ghosts to rest with these than it was like back in 06. 

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

In 2008 Axl did say Atlas shrugged has nothing really to do with the book but does have a line about 'shoulders not being wide enough for your ego', it's cool to finally hear that line

In the Reddit AMA Thread, the owner posted a possible line which isn't in the clip, which would fit the description perfectly

10 minutes ago, Creed said:

there was a possibility that silkworms and hard school could leak, too. and we have heard silkworms live.

Right, but they didn't leak at the time so that's why they didn't end up on the album. 

52 minutes ago, Estrangedfx said:

Silkworms..... Meh. However, that teeny-tiny little breakdown, when the gentle guitars come in and Axl sings/croons/whispers a few lyrics, before the song explodes back into absurdity.... It's quite a beautiful few melodic moments in any otherwise mess of a song. You know what part I'm referring to? I can't make out the lyrics, really. 

Having said that,. ANYTHING with Axl on vocals, in any form, I'm happy to hear.  :)

As for Hard School, minus it's ridiculous title... It's pretty god damn awesome. That additional minute long clip exceeded my expectations. The original leak, i was  optimistic. Now, I'm convinced it's a gem. 

Hard School was probably just a working title like all of these titles for the most part

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Your theory is right because there were like 3 or so songs on CD that were not supposed to make the album CITR being one (that was going to be on the 3rd album) but since a ton of stuff leaked Axl just put all the leaked songs on one album. 

• Like 1

I wonder what goes through Axl's head when he (and others, but he's the main driving force behind it) write all these songs, most are probably at least great, and he just sits on them for years.  Is this just more evidence that Axl really simply doesn't care about certain things (like glory and adoration or attention)?  Or more evidence he is pretty sensitive to how stuff he makes is received?  Does he think these songs aren't up to snuff or did the ChiDem album reception just make him not care about giving more music to many people who won't appreciate it? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think Hard School may be a real title since its in the song. Definitely sounds more real than Jackie Chan

Checkmate works best for me, I know that Axl said it is bogus title but he should use it anyway. Hard School sounds a bit lame for me(title of course, not song)

1 minute ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I wonder what goes through Axl's head when he (and others, but he's the main driving force behind it) write all these songs, most are probably at least great, and he just sits on them for years.  Is this just more evidence that Axl really simply doesn't care about certain things (like glory and adoration or attention)?  Or more evidence he is pretty sensitive to how stuff he makes is received?  Does he think these songs aren't up to snuff or did the ChiDem album reception just make him not care about giving more music to many people who won't appreciate it? 

I think CD being not well received by fans and critics killed his self-confidence.

• Like 2

So shocked, hardschool and atlas are by far better than anything in Chinese , they can easily replace shacklers, if the world, scrapped , sorry.

Im so obsessed with atlas since in 2006 I heard the intro leaked of this song, and now hearing this leak just blow my mind.