Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

1 minute ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I wonder what goes through Axl's head when he (and others, but he's the main driving force behind it) write all these songs, most are probably at least great, and he just sits on them for years.  Is this just more evidence that Axl really simply doesn't care about certain things (like glory and adoration or attention)?  Or more evidence he is pretty sensitive to how stuff he makes is received?  Does he think these songs aren't up to snuff or did the ChiDem album reception just make him not care about giving more music to many people who won't appreciate it? 

Lots of artists write and record songs that never make albums or are ever intended to be released. It’s part of the process. They take the best of the bunch, bunch songs that have a similar sound or theme. or save songs for the future that they want to work on

It’s not uncommon to have 18-30 songs and only 10 make the album

18 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I wonder what goes through Axl's head when he (and others, but he's the main driving force behind it) write all these songs, most are probably at least great, and he just sits on them for years.  Is this just more evidence that Axl really simply doesn't care about certain things (like glory and adoration or attention)?  Or more evidence he is pretty sensitive to how stuff he makes is received?  Does he think these songs aren't up to snuff or did the ChiDem album reception just make him not care about giving more music to many people who won't appreciate it? 

You write a bunch of songs, those that go well together could make a cohesive album, an artistic statement, a document - and then you look into what songs you might be able to pull off live and the ones that might work in a concert or not. And then you also need some gripping easy digestable tunes (aka "hits") to get support and attention.

And then you start all over again to make the best record you can possibly make and feel best with. Axl probably went through this a million times. And probably also never got the memo that your work, talent and purpose ain't worth nothing if you don't share it with others. But I understand it has to be acceptable and more than that to yourself first.

But hoarding years of musical efforts never to share? That's not being artistic or your own way to go about it, that's just insane. I understand the industry has changed (as everything, and not for the better) and that he must be under a lot of pressure with such a big name and reputation - but at his age, and with all his experience, success and respect from other musicians under his belly he shouldn't give a shit about reception.

Edited by adamsapple

2 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

But hoarding years of musical efforts never to share? That's not being artistic or your own way to go about it, that's just insane. I understand the industry has changed (as everything, and not for the better) and that he must be under a lot of pressure with such a big name and reputation - but at his age, and with all his experience, success and respect from other musicians under his belly he shouldn't give to shits about reception.

Maybe its not entirely his decision?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ASLayerAODsk said:

Maybe its not entirely his decision?

At the end of the day, I believe it is. The machine keeps running anyway with or without him and it's not like anyone is pointing a gun to his head saying go and do this like that or is it?

22 seconds of hard school kick ass. First bit is same voice as the shirt clip we already heard. Old school voice and catchy riff. I don't mind the drum track. The end is what we heard already but cuts off before the line we've already heard finishes. Definitely better quality than that clip. 

The version of Atlas I have is very poor quality but it honestly didn't blow me away from what I could hear. Much slower. The first 1/2 wss boring musically to my ear but it git more interesting by the 2/3 a d by the last 10 seconds I wish I could hear more. Estranged/dotf voice

Just now, Propaganda said:

They're all probably on vacation and couldn't care less. The band that participated on that material is death. Their focus is now on what Axl, Duff and Slash can do, and the upcoming tour they're planning.

or Fernando still couldn't figure out how to shut down the Internet, which Axl ordered him to do ;) 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

They're all probably on vacation and couldn't care less. The band that participated on that material is death. Their focus is now on what Axl, Duff and Slash can do, and the upcoming tour they're planning.

When you work for Guns N' Roses, you're never truly on vacation.  

And I would highly dispute that they couldn't care less.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, downzy said:

When you work for Guns N' Roses, you're never truly on vacation.  

Some poor bastard sat on a sun lounger on a Spanish beach, beer in hand when suddenly their "special phone" rings.

"Oh bollocks..."

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

It’s a big portion of Axl’s life work. I’m sure they are doing everything to retrieve the copies. 

Knocking at someone's door.

"Can we have our CDs back please?'