Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

Just a reminder that sharing leaks is not tolerated on this forum.  

Members who post links to any copyrighted materials, released or otherwise, will have their posts removed and accounts suspended (or banned if a multiple offender).

Asking for leaks will also result in posts being removed and possible account suspension.

These rules apply as well to the forum's private messaging service.  While we respect our members' privacy with respect to messages, we will act accordingly should we discover that copyrighted materials are being shared via the forum's PM system.  

We take this very seriously.

This thread is meant to allow those who have heard (and those who have not) the leaks.  

Everyone's cooperation on this matter is greatly appreciated.  

And big thank you to the mod team for ensuring that this thread, and the entire forum, is in compliance with the rules.  The last thing we want is this forum to disappear because of legal jeopardy over the leaks.  

• Like 4

I hope everything leaks and they lose the opportunity to surprise everyone with a official release. 

I just reuploaded all the old leaks that were out of circulation for a while to some people on other forum. Fuck the hoarders

9 minutes ago, downzy said:

Just a reminder that sharing leaks is not tolerated on this forum.  

Members who post links to any copyrighted materials, released or otherwise, will have their posts removed and accounts suspended (or banned if a multiple offender).

Asking for leaks will also result in posts being removed and possible account suspension.

These rules apply as well to the forum's private messaging service.  While we respect our members' privacy with respect to messages, we will act accordingly should we discover that copyrighted materials are being shared via the forum's PM system.  

We take this very seriously.

This thread is meant to allow those who have heard (and those who have not) the leaks.  

Everyone's cooperation on this matter is greatly appreciated.  

And big thank you to the mod team for ensuring that this thread, and the entire forum, is in compliance with the rules.  The last thing we want is this forum to disappear because of legal jeopardy over the leaks.  

How else are we meant to find them in that case and ensure that they’re the right ones? 

1 minute ago, kanecrescente said:

How else are we meant to find them in that case and ensure that they’re the right ones? 

Read through the discussion.  Most people are figuring this out by talking about what they're hearing.  

So....is there any word if all of this stuff is actually going to be leaked?

Otherwise, what was the point of showing the pics?

I can only assume he's trying to trade and thats why it hasnt come out yet?...

Edited by Sonicjam

21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You know how GNR could stop leaks? 

Go ahead and release music that your fans will happily pay for. 

Russ I gotta admit I actually disagree with you here. As much as I am absolutely dying to hear it, If Axl doesn’t think the music is ready or good enough, it’s not our place to demand it, even if we are willing to show him a large portion of our collective wallet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Russ I gotta admit I actually disagree with you here. As much as I am absolutely dying to hear it, If Axl doesn’t think the music is ready or good enough, it’s not our place to demand it, even if we are willing to show him a large portion of our collective wallet.

Axl and others have claimed the vaulted  material is great. 

I'd sure like to pay him for it so I can hear it for myself. 

1 minute ago, Amir said:

Wonder if Bucket and/or Brain are on Hard School? The date on the CD cover says 8th of November 2000, they had both joined the band by then.

The dates are when they were mixed, I think. Zombux's spreadsheet says something like that. But we're just at the tip of the iceberg so we'll see, I guess.

Edited by Shackler's

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Axl and others have claimed the vaulted  material is great. 

I'd sure like to pay him for it so I can hear it for myself. 

Yeah and 100% agree that I would pay massive amounts. If Axl had released the locked n loaded box set that contained the entire vault I would’ve dropped £1k on that in a heartbeat. But my point remains, saying we would pay for it doesn’t justify ransacking it. 

Appreciate I am being a hypocrite here because the instant something leaks I’ll be there, but I can’t really justify my actions.

• Like 1

Just now, Shackler's said:

The dates are when they were mixed, I think. Zombux's spreadsheet says something like that. But we're just at the tip of the iceberg so we'll see, I guess.

yes, exactly. from the current information we know, we're unable to say. one or both of them might or might not be there at all. probably only a whole track with a guitar solo and/or comparison with other tracks (to compare the drums) might tell.

Okay since I listened to Hard School now, all I can say is it's amazing. That could be a single, a real hit.

I love CD but I feel like for me it just missed what both Atlas and HS bring to the table. I would love a full release with the current band and new vocals. Make it the first single.

5 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Have to agree with you here. They are about protecting the brand and making money. Don't think they'll be releasing anything from this period. They likely have one shot at a release right now that would make them bank. You put our something from the CD era before the reunion band puts out something, and you hurt the larger release's hype. 

I'd love to pay for a CD deluxe reissue, but I'm not really the fan GnR caters to anymore. 

45 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is hard to determine anything from these tiny clips, whether they're in fact good or not. Wake me up when entire songs leak. 

Based on the verse and chorus of Checkmate (Hard School), especially the catchy, hard riff and Axl's awesome vocals, I know it is a great song. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Based on the verse and chorus of Checkmate (Hard School), especially the catchy, hard riff and Axl's awesome vocals, I know it is a great song. 

Hard School sounds pretty badass to me and seems like it was good enough to be released with the rest of the album in 2008. Atlas is far more questionable. That one seems to have been overhyped. 

2 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Does anyone know why nothing has leaked in full yet? Are these songs being leveraged to get other unheard material? 

Im starting to get the feeling this is gonna end up like the 2006 Checkmate leak or the 2013 snippets where this is all we're gonna get.

I'd love to be proven wrong though 😀

5 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Right now I'm sitting in front of my computer, watching the HOB show that leaked last year, drinking a local IPA while just waiting for more leaks to hopefully see the light of day! :axl:

HOB Leaked last year? Feels like forever..

4 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Does anyone know why nothing has leaked in full yet? Are these songs being leveraged to get other unheard material? 

Just greed, or hoping someone would offer cash for the full tracks. The leaker doesn't win much by leaking a bunch of stuff, except maybe 15 minutes of fame, some recognition and some suits & badges knocking on his door.

Edited by Shackler's
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Hard School sounds pretty badass to me and seems like it was good enough to be released with the rest of the album in 2008. Atlas is far more questionable. That one seems to have been overhyped. 

Yes, Atlas is more difficult to immediately like. But it is a different kind of song. Checkmate is fast-paces with catchy riffs, Atlas is more of the meandering type, like Catcher or Prostitute. It takes longer to sort of resolve itself, and it doesn't seem to do that within the short time we have. Checkmate has greatness within many short time-spans, like the verses themselves are great and how Axl enters he chorus with aggression and the vocal melody, etc.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Yeah and 100% agree that I would pay massive amounts. If Axl had released the locked n loaded box set that contained the entire vault I would’ve dropped £1k on that in a heartbeat. But my point remains, saying we would pay for it doesn’t justify ransacking it. 

Appreciate I am being a hypocrite here because the instant something leaks I’ll be there, but I can’t really justify my actions.

Oh, I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm just saying that I sure wish GNR would release music I can pay them for. 

• Like 3

Just now, RussTCB said:

Oh, I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm just saying that I sure wish GNR would release music I can pay them for. 

I agree if they put out a box set of all those cds of Chin Dems songs and AFD by the 99 band, and it was like 100 songs, id pay $299 for that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Atlas I feel like needs to be heard in full. 

• Like 1