Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

5 minutes ago, Estrangedfx said:

I get that these are being obtained, but without risking his own ass, how are we even sure we will be hearing anything from this?? I mean, all this talk of "donating/contributing funds" is sweet and all, but it's more likely he'll need some major, MAJOR legal aid if he gets into any trouble.

Id love to hear any of these as much as anybody, but isn't is just a wee bit selfish on our part? I mean, I have a family. I'm sure Axlfan4life does, too. Would any of you risk literally, doing jail time, not to mention all the fines and lawsuits this guy could potentially be facing???

So realistically, $200 here, another $400 there from various fans isn't going to do much. Raise $20,000. You think that's going to retain a lawyer for longer than a few days??

Just be a little considerate and concerned for him. Not just appreciative he's doing what nine of us, including myself could afford (not just financially) rise. He's risking his life and we'll being here, too. Just remember that. 

Here is the thing, these were legally bought though from Zutats storage locker.  So the question to ask is are these now the property ofthe person that owns them. As long as he does not sell them or put them on a website to stream, is he allowed to do what he wants with them.

Like for example, all those UYI rough cut cds that are passed around, no one is every worried about sharing those and those were never officially released 

As long as he is not posting them online, and through back channels like trading or giving them people, not sure if that is even illegal. The reason why Skewll got into trouble is because he put them up on his streaming site.

Edited by gnfnr2k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gnfnr2k said:

Here is the thing, these were legally bought though from Zutats storage locker.  So the question to ask is are these now the property ofthe person that owns them. As long as he does not sell them or put them on a website to stream, is he allowed to do what he wants with them.

I'm no legal aid in any capacity but on paper this sounds plausible. If I were in that position thought I'd still be too worried to take the chance but that's just me. 

1 minute ago, gnfnr2k said:

No they aren’t. It’s still UMG’s property and technically wasn’t Zutant’s or any employee’s right to sell/give away. Unless UMG went behind on a storage locker payment you could then own those specific CDs. It still doesn’t give a right to distribute the copyrighted work that’s on them

11 minutes ago, junior201 said:

it won't leak because everybody now knows that he has the material so it would be easy for TB to get on him I think

Yes but there would be no way to definitively confirm that he was the source with so many people with copies. 

1 minute ago, Gunner55 said:

I'm no legal aid in any capacity but on paper this sounds plausible. If I were in that position thought I'd still be too worried to take the chance but that's just me. 

These cds have not been through the hands of multiple people.  These two clip leaks are not even from him.  As long as people are not stupid and post them in open,  not sure if trading or sharing them is even illegal.  Because if it was then everyone would be screwed for just having all these leaks.

5 minutos atrás, Duwz disse:

Existem 200 maneiras de fazer upload de anônima na internet 

he needs to give the material to an anonymous person so that person can do it

Edited by junior201

4 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

These cds have not been through the hands of multiple people.  These two clip leaks are not even from him.  As long as people are not stupid and post them in open,  not sure if trading or sharing them is even illegal.  Because if it was then everyone would be screwed for just having all these leaks.

It’s still illegal. That’s essentially what the p2p lawsuits showed. They technically could go after anyone who put them up on a site. It’s just hard to prove and prob not worth the PR hit 

I agree they should put some layers on their identity. I hope they have so far after being so public about it

Edited by guitarpatch

Just now, junior201 said:

he needs to give the material to an anonymous person so that person can do it

Or just use a VPN and make a new UN and share it that way, once a few people have it, it will be shared eith everyone

Just now, junior201 said:

it won't leak because everybody now knows that he has the material so it would be easy for TB to get on him I think

There can be no proof at all that he’s the only one that owns them, or that he was the one that would leak them. We live in a world where you can completely hide your IP address 

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

Universal will be angry they can't sell you a box load of shit with these demos.

They will still be able to that GNR AFD box set was 90% stuff everyone has already had via import cds. they just remastered them. 

This all could leak tomorrow and the very next day GNR could announce a release that has the SAME EXACT MATERIAL for next month. I would still download the leaks and buy the release. I want to hear the band and I want to support them. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, axlrosefan4life said:

A lot more 

Well then, thank you for clarification! One of those instances where I’m glad to be wrong! 

Edit: I know you’re tired but if you have a chance to listen to Real Gil Dot Com could you describe it 😂

Edited by Grayfox

4 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

What's your albums called / band? name. Does it sound like GNR? Just wondering

I’m not in a band (not anymore, at least). I’ve just been releasing solo records over the last few years.

my music sounds NOTHING like GnR, and my cover arts look nothing like GnR either. But my friend who does my artwork is very versatile, at the very least.