Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

Just now, The Holographic Universe said:

Maybe Scraped was released to fuck with the record company. Like Axl was pissed about something and forcing Scraped on the album was his fuck you to the record company.

I don't know what's the story is with the song. Good lyrics but musically is one of the worst GNR songs ever recorded. 

I quite like Scraped :P That said, it wasnt until the Rock Band multi tracks that you could really tell there are some great individual guitar parts all mushed together in the final mix.

• Like 1

I could see how the record company would have issues with some of the lyrics for the album in the late 90s early 2000s beings Axl was primarily writing about Steph, and any other breakups he was going through during that time.. Those lyrics in hardschool look geared towards ex band mates and if the label was always tring to piece the band back together behind Axl's back and against his intentions at the time, somewhere through all the brush back the vision for the album became a non profit in thier eyes compared to reuniting them.. And probably underestimated Axl's drive to continue Guns without Slash, Duff, etc. 

He could have written his magnum opus but if the record co thought the song was about Slash.. And secretly wanted them to reunite, they probably sabotaged any momentum that Album would ever receive.. 

And I'm betting the farm that the stuff he did write about the band breaking up is probably his best written material of the lot.. 

Just a theory 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Maybe Scraped was released to fuck with the record company. Like Axl was pissed about something and forcing Scraped on the album was his fuck you to the record company.

If it was done to F with the record company, it failed in a major way.  Scraped was used on Sunday(or Monday?) night football a week or 2 after the album released.  Not sure if they still do, but at the time they were bumpering one commercial break per week with newly released music, as highlights played in the background.  Point being, it was a paid advertisement,  it was pushed by someone at the record company.  So if it was an Axl "troll" on the record company, it was lost on them.  

2 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Well.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm excited.

I just called work and told them I quit so I can sit here and wait to hear new 20 year old recordings of GNR.

My boss was like "Oh shit really?"  and he quit too.

lol! you win the internet for today.

7 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It sure as beans won’t happen, but I think they should add Hard School to the setlist for the next leg. I think it’s the best non-ballad rock song of the whole NuGNR era, and that’s saying something because Chinese and Better are awesome tunes.

That would be something. It certainly sounds better than Shadow Of Your Love. 

3 minutes ago, WildStar said:

That would be something. It certainly sounds better than Shadow Of Your Love. 

I really like Shadow but Hard School is amazing. I wonder if Axl would sing „All cautions made...” part in mickey voice or in chest voice

Can’t say I’m too excited to hear 20 year old recordings that never made the cut for one reason or another. 

If there is a new Guns album, I want Slash and Duff to play a big part. 

Still curious though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Girlfriend thinks I'm spending to much time on my phone and wants to know "who is she"

Now would be the perfect opportunity for someone to leak a new Prostitute demo.. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

I don't know what's the story is with the song. Good lyrics but musically is one of the worst GNR songs ever recorded. 

Managed to crawl out my hole this weekend (been busy and trying to keep up with this thread has proven a challenge!).

I actually like the song. Decent rocker and good driving riff.

I think the intro kills it. Without that horrible intro a lot of the hate for the song would go I think. It's a bit like many of the songs on UYI I, just a good rocker.

13 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Can’t say I’m too excited to hear 20 year old recordings that never made the cut for one reason or another. 

If there is a new Guns album, I want Slash and Duff to play a big part. 

Still curious though. 

If Axl will someday decide to release another Guns album, it's highly likely Slash and Duff will be a big part of it. I'd bet they'll be all over the album but when, if ever, will that happen?

In the mean time, our best chance to hear Axl's music is leaks and it sounds like from the little I've heard, it was good enough to be released so I'll take what I can get. It's been way too long since we've last heard Axl's recorded vocals and I don't mean rock the rock.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

I consider myself as a massive Oasis fan but not a hardcore fan. Anyway, hoarding stuff is known very well to Oasis fans as well. 

But in 2018 happened a miracle nobody ever dreamed of: 

For 20 years the holy grail to all Oasis fans have been the stripped down demos for Oasis’s  (overproduced and blown) 1997 album Be here Now which Noel Gallagher recorded during his holiday on Mustique island. There have been tons of myths and stuff about these demos. What was for sure was that  very few elite fans (hoarder) had a copy and teased/tortured the fan community for years with shitty cell phone snippets, photos of the demo tapes etc. just like its happening in here for the last two days regarding the Chinese demos. But regarding the Mustique demos it wasn’t for days, it was for years. 

Not only this: Problem was, Noel Gallagher hates Be here Now, avoids playing songs of this record at his gigs for the last 15 years, excluded the album tracks from every compilation etc. 

Hence, no hope for the casual fans to ever hear those legendary demos which must be 1000times better than the final album what all people stated who were entitled enough to have a listen. Even the band members said the demos were better than the final album, just like Slash says about the first Illusion mixes  

Next bummer was that 2017 past and there was no 20th anniversary rerelease of Be Here Now like there was in 2014 and 2015 regarding the previous albums Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory. 

AND THEN: In 2018 out of nowhere there it was, a massive anniversary edition of Be here Now including the ALL Mustique demos on a separate CD/Vinyl in proper quality with detailed liner notes and so on!!!

This was Noel/Oasis‘s present to their fans after they noticed what they really want. 

This reminds me a little bit of Black Sabbath's deluxe edition release of the Eternal Idol, with the original Ray Gillen vocals. Fans were desperate to hear that. (And off topic, but I for one am very interested in the proposed remix of Forbidden album. I always like the lesser era's of bands music, like Forbidden by BS, some of the more obscure Deep Purple stuff etc - I think understanding the full catalogue and not just the "best of" is important and plays a key role in the history of the band overall. Maybe this is why I'm so fascinated by CD).

• Like 1

If there's some kind of crowd-funding piece I'd be happy to support to get this released.

To be honest I'd pay more for a CD boxset than I'd pay for a AFD boxset.

I think this is for a few reasons: more obscure period of the band, definitely more unreleased "new" music, and I'm a huge fan of Bucket (acknowledge he isn't on the 1999-2000 stuff).

• Like 2

listening to the beginning of atlas makes me think, that the instrumental (intro)clip we already got months, or years? ago was real... anyone remembers that? (it was 58sec long)

listening to it again makes me believe, that it's most probably the outro...

Edited by ZODIAC

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Then you should never listen to music :lol:

My wife always winds me up on this one. She loves listening to swishy gated music from youtube (which sounds bad enough in the first place) on loud speaker on her phone via the tiny speaker it has. The sound quality is dreadful!

Although to be fair I've probably heard GnR leaks with worse quality haha.

• Haha 1