Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

On 2019-07-28 at 9:37 AM, Live Like a Suicide said:

Maybe i'm just an asshole, but if i were ..., i wouldn't share anything at this stage. The risk is not worth it, especially now that everybody knows he has the physical products. Even if the leaks were to come from somebody else who obtained the files, most eyes would be on ... ...

That was my first thought, People keep mentioning his name and screen name constantly. You think the police can't read this thread? It may not even be worth it, or maybe he doesn't care? Either way it's mostly on him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I understand that he would be reluctant, but since other people have the stuff he would be entirely safe if he just leaked things anonymously without any traces back to himself. As long as he doesn't break under questioning, though :)

depends - I think that some vacation trip to Guantanamo Bay with sports activities like waterboarding might open one's mouth quite literally :) 

Admittedly, I’m torn on the issue. While we all want to hear all of this stuff, I also know that leaks hurt the band, and I never like seeing that happen - be it GNR or anyone.

Personally, I can’t stand Radiohead, but I read a few weeks back that a bunch of session tapes from either the “OK Computer” or “Kid A” sessions had leaked, and in response, the band “officially” released them for a limited amount of time, with the proceeds from the sales going to charity.

If none of these songs are in play for the next album, that might be the way to proceed for the band here, and would serve as a nice way to clear the deck going forward.

3 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

That was my first thought, People keep mentioning his name and screen name constantly. You think the police can't read this thread? It may not even be worth it, or maybe he doesn't care? Either way it's mostly on him.

Somebody linked his Instagram earlier ffs.  Gotta protect this guy

17 minutes ago, chorrada said:

Why do some people assume that axlrosefan4life is going to put out the rest? He hasn't even implied doing so at any moment, as far as I have read. That said, I hope he's fine and enjoying. I somehow feel the longer we don't hear from him the more likely it is TB has silenced him.

I doubt tb are involved yet

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I understand that he would be reluctant, but since other people have the stuff he would be entirely safe if he just leaked things anonymously without any traces back to himself. As long as he doesn't break under questioning, though :)

Sounds about right. Especially with the content having been auctioned. Clearly more than just a few people have these now.

Who are these people who also have the songs? If anyone knows who they are, ask them to leak or do it yourself if they are afraid.
I only know that if someone sent me something I would leak right away without fear.

I can totally understand him not wanting to leak them himself unless he is of course willing to and knows how, but at this point if others also have copies of the material then there is not really anyway to prove who leaked them originally anyway :shrugs:

Edited by Affirmation

On 2019-07-28 at 10:11 AM, Axl_morris said:

... should upload them then claim political asylum in an equadorian embassy

Seriously though, fuck the US for what it's doing to Assange.

Back on topic though - I understand that others have the files which may save ... from responsibility in the eyes of the law, but even then, he would likely get a knock on the door and his products seized. At best, this happens and he doesn't go to jail. At worst, TB pursues him as a fall guy and he goes to prison. There is no good incentive for ... himself to leak. Others may, but that's unlikely.

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I am guilty of that, but he has his real name and social media in his profile, and everybody knows his username, so...

Can just see certain websites writing stories and instead of username a real name being attached to it would probably cause unnecessary complications. Whether he leaks it or not. You don’t want people being searchable in google because of this situation 

6 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

listening to the beginning of atlas makes me think, that the instrumental (intro)clip we already got months, or years? ago was real... anyone remembers that? (it was 58sec long)

listening to it again makes me believe, that it's most probably the outro...

Wait, what instrumental clip? Never heard about that.

The chord structure of the song is quite interesting. Seems like G is the basis, but there's a pretty sudden key change. I like it.

Again, the Radiohead method would be the best case scenario for the band here. If this stuff gets out, officially release it for a week or so, and donate the proceeds to charity. Win/win.

I’d gladly pay upwards of $50 for everything directly from the band.

Just now, The Real McCoy said:

Again, the Radiohead method would be the best case scenario for the band here. If this stuff gets out, officially release it for a week or so, and donate the proceeds to charity. Win/win.

I’d gladly pay upwards of $50 for everything directly from the band.

UMG has them under contract. They’d take all of the proceeds. Outside of releasing it, there’s little benefit for GNR 

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

UMG has them under contract. They’d take all of the proceeds. Outside of releasing it, there’s little benefit for GNR 

How did Radiohead get away with it, then? I can’t stand them, so I don’t know what their record deal looked like at the time that those leaked tapes were recorded.