Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

All right. 

Mods, I'm not sharing unreleased leaks or copyrighted material.   Pretty sure this is just some bullshit fake wankery from 15 years ago.  But if you still wanna delete it, I get it.

woooppps.

That was definitely the outro to Atlas.   Fits like a glove.

Holy shit.   I've had it for three fucking years and never even knew what it was.  Or how the hell I got it.

Edited by estrangedtwat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, I for one, am thoroughly shocked....SHOCKED I tell you.

As a fan of this band since 1992, I never would have expected someone to tell me they had new GNR music and then not come through.

What an outrage.  What an absolutely appalling outcome.   I'd never have expected this in a thousand years.

What is the world coming to?

11 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Dude.  There have been so many fakes over the years.  Any possible intro or outro anyone has ever heard is most likely complete bullshit.

I just found a file in one of my GNR folders.   Looks like someone sent it to me in 2016.   It's a minute and six seconds.  Instrumental with kinda Indian rhythm.

I have no idea what it is, or who sent it to me.  But someone at some time claimed it was from the CD sessions.

Anyone wanna hear it?

That is what i was referring to.... It fits with the Atlas Clip, doesn't it? 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Rose and his chums will very much care. They basically have a 0 tolerance approach to bootlegging. Beta thinks leaks destroyed Chinese. They'll all hate this.

Axl in that 2008 email to Robin said they helped and he didn't seem as bothered privately. 

"So for anyone who doesn’t know 

The situation that had a public auction that took place on a storage locker surrendered by failure to pay by the owner who had legally possession of the items

the then purchasing party has 100% legal ownership of the items in that locker.

Axl , Universal and team Brazil cannot seek any legal action for the tracks being spread out bye for now 100% legal owner of those items

To add to that public auctions have a strict contract and transference of property agreement with all persons or business rent a unit 

so unless a time before the auction a police report was made of stolen goods that was itemized and dated which there would already be a public record of and in occurrence the auctioneer would have been made aware before the public auction so yeah 

lol Team Brazil and Axl"

So, just read this at another forum, anyone schooled in those matters could clarify it? 

I wasnt aware that the locker was auctioned because Zutaut didnt pay the bill lol 

• Like 3

What if...

- someone had a YouTube account

- and would post some "reaction" video (like people do for movie trailers with the original trailer running in a split screen)

- showing him/her listening to the songs playing "in the background" (that "background" audio quality depens on the quality of your gear...some people have very good audio gear)

- not talking over it

- and then commenting on it

- and if asked about the source it was "someone I don't know but probably knows I'm a fan (stranger I met at a concert) send this to an e-mail account I just deleted"

They could still take it down of course, but would the poster face legal issues?

8 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Legal issues and monetary issues about his outlay.... privacy issues as this is in very few hands at this point.

He’s most likely getting a letter from UMG that he returns the cds and they’ll threaten damages/potential legal costs if the material gets out. 

His needs to claim the material is already out there elsewhere and that this was before he received the CDs. It’s not on him if it gets out 

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

He’s most likely getting a letter from UMG that he returns the cds and they’ll threaten damages/potential legal costs if the material gets out. 

His needs to claim the material is already out there elsewhere and that this was before he received the CDs. It’s not on him if it gets out 

Exactly! That's what I've been saying all along... He didn't get the discs out... Someone else didn't pay his storage rent and the owner sold everything... 

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

UMG doesn't own the material - they own whatever Axl submits for release, not the working sessions

Now if Axl is contracted for more records with GNR then yeah, he probably couldn't release any of this stuff on his own before the UMG contract for new material is fulfilled

But ultimately it's Axl's property (and any official release would have to give proper royalty and credit to the writers/performers)

3 minutes ago, default_ said:

The situation that had a public auction that took place on a storage locker surrendered by failure to pay by the owner who had legally possession of the items

Axl , Universal and team Brazil cannot seek any legal action for the tracks being spread out bye for now 100% legal owner of those items

To add to that public auctions have a strict contract and transference of property agreement with all persons or business rent a unit 

so unless a time before the auction a police report was made of stolen goods that was itemized and dated which there would already be a public record of and in occurrence the auctioneer would have been made aware before the public auction so yeah 

lol Team Brazil and Axl"

So, just read this at another forum, anyone schooled in those matters could clarify it? 

I wasnt aware that the locker was auctioned because Zutaut didnt pay the bill lol 

They can possibly own the physical cd’s. The person does not however own the contents and rights on those cd’s to distribute. 

8 minutes ago, default_ said:

lol Team Brazil and Axl"

Couldn't you legally own the CDs and not the material on them to distribute?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

UMG doesn't own the material - they own whatever Axl submits for release, not the working sessions

Now if Axl is contracted for more records with GNR then yeah, he probably couldn't release any of this stuff on his own before the UMG contract for new material is fulfilled

But ultimately it's Axl's property (and any official release would have to give proper royalty and credit to the writers/performers)

I guess they could have at one point been submitted for release, but those Chinese Democracy leaks that caused all that legal trouble weren't the final tracks on the album.

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

They can possibly own the physical cd’s. The person does not however own the contents and rights on those cd’s to distribute. 

Correct - look at the guy who found a recording of the first Super Bowl in his attic

The NFL lowballed him for the tape, so he can't do anything with it

https://money.cnn.com/2015/02/01/media/super-bowl-i-missing-tape/index.html

• Like 1

As for as I am aware, if it was sold during a locker auction then the person who ultimately owned the locker would be forfeiting the contents within it including the ownership. Most auctions usually have a lot of solid legal work protecting the contents of lockers for situations similar to this but I can't say for sure if this applies to this situation in particular. 

18 minutes ago, default_ said:

I wonder if Axl/TB still gives a fuck about this at this point, Id love to be a fly at their HQ right now. 

TB HQ ? 

thats around Axls kitchen table. 

• Haha 2