Bailey15

Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

16 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

Just remember these leaks managed to hide nearly twice as long as Bin Laden.

Axlrosefan4life is basically seal team 6

Impressive. Anyone know his plan?

On 2019-07-28 at 10:11 AM, Axl_morris said:

... should upload them then claim political asylum in an equadorian embassy

I really wish people would stop using his name 

• Like 2

On 2019-07-28 at 10:13 AM, Live Like a Suicide said:

Seriously though, fuck the US for what it's doing to Assange.

Back on topic though - I understand that others have the files which may save ... from responsibility in the eyes of the law, but even then, he would likely get a knock on the door and his products seized. At best, this happens and he doesn't go to jail. At worst, TB pursues him as a fall guy and he goes to prison. There is no good incentive for ... himself to leak. Others may, but that's unlikely.

Agree with you 100% regarding what they're doing to Assange.

But what part of #YOLO don't you understand? :lol: 

• Haha 2

Just now, guitarpatch said:

I am guilty of that, but he has his real name and social media in his profile, and everybody knows his username, so...

• Like 1

since multiple people have these, they will come out. Just might not for another 10 years

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I am guilty of that, but he has his real name and social media in his profile, and everybody knows his username, so...

Can just see certain websites writing stories and instead of username a real name being attached to it would probably cause unnecessary complications. Whether he leaks it or not. You don’t want people being searchable in google because of this situation 

6 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

listening to the beginning of atlas makes me think, that the instrumental (intro)clip we already got months, or years? ago was real... anyone remembers that? (it was 58sec long)

listening to it again makes me believe, that it's most probably the outro...

Wait, what instrumental clip? Never heard about that.

The chord structure of the song is quite interesting. Seems like G is the basis, but there's a pretty sudden key change. I like it.

Again, the Radiohead method would be the best case scenario for the band here. If this stuff gets out, officially release it for a week or so, and donate the proceeds to charity. Win/win.

I’d gladly pay upwards of $50 for everything directly from the band.

3 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Although he has prof. picture with uncle Axl and a video in his signature meeting with him and Fernando watching above.. :shrugs:

Just now, The Real McCoy said:

Again, the Radiohead method would be the best case scenario for the band here. If this stuff gets out, officially release it for a week or so, and donate the proceeds to charity. Win/win.

I’d gladly pay upwards of $50 for everything directly from the band.

UMG has them under contract. They’d take all of the proceeds. Outside of releasing it, there’s little benefit for GNR 

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

UMG has them under contract. They’d take all of the proceeds. Outside of releasing it, there’s little benefit for GNR 

How did Radiohead get away with it, then? I can’t stand them, so I don’t know what their record deal looked like at the time that those leaked tapes were recorded.

I think instead of leaking the files we should organize a fan convention and invite Brain/Bucket/Freese/Pitman/Robin/Tommy to come talk about the songs while we have a giant listening party

The Appetite for Distortion guy can be the moderator

How about it?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Errr gawd... Don't bring up assange. Skid mark on Australias history

3 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

Although he has prof. picture with uncle Axl and a video in his signature meeting with him and Fernando watching above.. :shrugs:

I just don’t want to see the guy have issues because his real name pops up in google searches/articles years from now. We all know how those websites work when reporting GNR news. God forbid he doesn’t get some job down the line because of something like this. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Maybe that isn't his name and it's someone else and we are just saying this as a decoy ;)

• GNFNR 1

GNR likely has contractual obligations with UMG with respect to albums owed and recording rights belonging to UMG.  But UMG would not take all proceeds of any and all sales.  Artists, particularly high-calibre artists like GNR, negotiate recording right royalties along with ownership of publishing rights.  

There's always a financial incentive for any artist/band to release material.  

14 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

While we generally do everything we can to protect the anonymity of all users, his first name is fairly well known at this point.  As others have pointed out, he hasn't been shy in using it on this forum and other areas of the internet.  Moreover, it's not as though he and others wouldn't be on GNR's radar at this point.  

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, downzy said:

While we generally do everything we can to protect the anonymity of all users, his first name is fairly well known at this point.  As others have pointed out, he hasn't been shy in using it on this forum and other areas of the internet.  Moreover, it's not as though he and others wouldn't be on GNR's radar at this point.  

GNR has to worry about a producer (who was responsible for those cd's), and the guy who sold the goods, in my opinion... From the moment the storage was up for grabs, that could be considered a leak right? Since the cd's are out there already.

Edited by Propaganda

4 minutes ago, downzy said:

GNR likely has contractual obligations with UMG with respect to albums owed and recording rights belonging to UMG.  But UMG would not take all proceeds of any and all sales.  Artists, particularly high-calibre artists like GNR, negotiate recording right royalties along with ownership of publishing rights.  

There's always a financial incentive for any artist/band to release material.  

The financial incentive is already spelled out in the contract with an advance/royalty structure for a release. Whether that makes sense has always been the issue for both sides for these songs. 

In this case, I doubt that UMG would want to count this as part of a album owed under their contract. They’d prob want to release it as CD expanded reissue. Especially if there’s 1 or 2 albums left on the deal. They want control over Slash/GNR albums. Then you get into whether GNR has actually recouped under Chinese Democracy release and what deals/contract renegotiations have been made over the years that have gone into that number on top of the Best Buy Deal 

They’d need to negotiate something for this type of release. To expect them to come up with a deal in a few days time is a bit much considering the likely history. 

Looked for a few pages back but still cant figure out what is happening :(

can anyone say something in short what leaked or is happening?

thanks

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The financial incentive is already spelled out in the contract with an advance/royalty structure for a release. Whether that makes sense has always been the issue for both sides for these songs. 

In this case, I doubt that UMG would want to count this as part of a album owed under their contract. They’d prob want to release it as CD expanded reissue. Especially if there’s 1 or 2 albums left on the deal. They want control over Slash/GNR albums. Then you get into whether GNR has actually recouped under Chinese Democracy release and what deals/contract renegotiations have been made over the years that have gone into that number on top of the Best Buy Deal 

They’d need to negotiate something for this type of release. To expect them to come up with a deal in a few days time is a bit much considering the likely history. 

I'm guessing that the record company probably was forcing Axl to reunite, so they could have the rest of the albums owed in their contract with Slash and Duff in it, so they could sell more records,  but that is just speculation from me.

Edited by Propaganda

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

To expect them to come up with a deal in a few days time is a bit much considering the likely history. 

To expect Axl to come up with an album in a few centuries time is also a bit much considering the likely history.

even the ChiDem album release was in my opinion forced and unwanted and if it was on Axl, it would never be released, because he'd still be spending nights in studios re-recording keyboard tracks and tinkering with drums.

• Like 1

UMG wouldn’t really have to do all that much aside from throwing it up on iTunes and Amazon. They wouldn’t even need to do a physical release.