Bailey15

Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

17 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

When it comes the whole owning the cds thing my understanding is that he owns the physical media but anything actually on it is not owned by him and is owned by the copyright holder. 

I am no lawyer, but this feels correct.

If I bought a storage locker and there was the entire Marvel cinematic universe and Star Wars DVD box-sets inside, I wouldn't expect Disney to be happy if I suddenly started uploading them on YouTube.

It is what it is.

I wish it were different, and 100% respect to anyone working for the benefit of the fans.

• Like 1

Nah I think we'll get maybe some snippets, maybe a thirty seconds clip of something like Thyme, then some worthless stuff like a drum track snippet haha, but genuinely I think we'll just see a very tiny clip and that's it. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Did something happen when silkworms and the other tracks leaked the other time??

Edited by Propaganda

15 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Does it have anything to do with the number of people that worked on/written/recorded a lot of this stuff? Like if he dumps all this on iTunes, it's not just Axl getting the money.

That makes it even worse that he doesn't do it. Axl doesn't need the money....but the other musicians who are credited on the songs surely do. If Ron has a writing credit or two, I'm sure he'd welcome the songs be up for sale so he could make a little income.

23 hours ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

So it's just ... with the music? I thought others had copies of it? 

Other people have it. But that's no different than the hoarders of the past. I think they will all sit on it. Can't blame them for wanting to avoid legal trouble. 

So it's just ... with the music? I thought others had copies of it? 

Partly true.

So it's just ... with the music? I thought others had copies of it? 

There are at least 3 different people that have had the discs over the past few days. Impossible to know who made copies of what and who, if anyone, those were given to along the way.

Just now, Stro said:

There are at least 3 different people that have had the discs over the past few days. Impossible to know who made copies of what and who, if anyone, those were given to along the way.

What people need to grasp here is that the distribution of these songs has been done in such a way that a leak would be traceable to an individual rather than the collective.... it’s designed to pinser movement any one of them that try to share... the intentions may be good but they’ve been backed into a corner, cleverly by people they were “working” with.   Body slammed, if you will...

3 minutes ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

False

100% true.  

;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, T-Minus said:

What people need to grasp here is that the distribution of these songs has been done in such a way that a leak would be traceable to an individual rather than the collective.... it’s designed to pinser movement any one of them that try to share... the intentions may be good but they’ve been backed into a corner, cleverly by people they were “working” with.   Body slammed, if you will...

100% true.  

;)

You have no idea..

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Right but there’s still 15/20 Axl vocal songs which is what most of everyone cares about.

Yeah agreed, and it's a very significant find either way.

28 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Just leak them. This is his calling, legend status. A community hero! 

for gods sake, not that way. if you do that, you'll have mgmt, label and cops after your dumb ass. if you'd have the stuff, you'd have to make sure it leaks absolutely anonymously, and in no way you can play a "hero". 

of course, this is a hard thing to imagine for many people who used their own money and effort and in the end they can't even say "hey, it was all liberated thanks to me!"

but that's unfortunately how things go.

if the stuff would leak anonymously, the shitstorm like this would never happen.

We need a climactic ending with FBI and swat teams if Netflix are going to make this movie.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

You have no idea..

*whistles*

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

We need a climactic ending with FBI and swat teams if Netflix are going to make this movie.

Gonna get the IRS...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As a fan,  I'm very disappointed. Not because I wanted him to have any kind of trouble with the law, obviously I didn't want that! If there's legal issues attached to it, then I prefer that we don't get to hear those songs, and that it doesn't get leaked... I'm pissed because there were people naming the guy, posting pictures, posting clips and drawing all types of attention publicly on the guy - That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen...

Edited by Propaganda
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, zombux said:

for gods sake, not that way. if you do that, you'll have mgmt, label and cops after your dumb ass. if you'd have the stuff, you'd have to make sure it leaks absolutely anonymously, and in no way you can play a "hero". 

of course, this is a hard thing to imagine for many people who used their own money and effort and in the end they can't even say "hey, it was all liberated thanks to me!"

but that's unfortunately how things go.

if the stuff would leak anonymously, the shitstorm like this would never happen.

👍👍

39 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Just leak them.

Has anybody thought of leaking them in a different country, whereby it's harder to prosecute, say, New Zealand.

• Like 1

Just now, jimisbatman said:

Has anybody thought of leaking them in a different country, whereby it's harder to prosecute, say, New Zealand.

I mentioned an equadrorian embassy earlier but that would need some commitment 

• Haha 2