Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

6 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

And why would he? If people keep coming to these shows he's going to do the same shit for the next 20+ years as well. 

Touring and merch pay the big money, particularly reunion tours. Releasing new music has no benefits for any of them anymore. Nobody buys music, streaming doesn't pay shit, and it won't be as good as it would've when they were in their 30's.

And I’m guilty of it too. I bought a ticket to the upcoming Jax show. I usually don’t support artists/creators who treat their fans like shit but I wanted to go since it was near my birthday. Still kicking myself about giving them my money, especially recently.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I live in England and would leak them straight away. Rose isn't going to reach me here, northern England, close to Scotland. If he or his minions turn up at my door I'll knock them out.

I would do the same and funny enough I'm also from Northern England near the border :lol:

• Like 2

I'm going to give another example of a similar situation

There was a WWE wrestling match between Tom Magee and Bret Hart in 1986 that was talked about for years because after Vince McMahon saw it, he yelled "THAT'S MY NEXT WORLD CHAMPION!" at Tom Magee backstage. Unfortunately, the match was only good because of Bret Hart, and Tom Magee turned out to be a horrible wrestler. It never aired on television and the tape was presumed lost.

A few months ago, a woman who had transferred Bret Hart's personal VHS collection to DVD over a decade ago went through some boxes and found a VHS copy of the match.

She posted a short clip online to prove its legitimacy, and within a few weeks there was a live event setup for WrestleMania weekend where Tom Magee and Bret Hart would talk about the match before a ticketed audience, and at the end of the show, they would debut the full match for the live crowd.

WWE found out about this and decided to undercut the organizers of the live show. They contacted the woman, gave her a bunch of money for the tape, and they aired the match as a special on WWE Network a few days before the live event.

Edited by TheSeeker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

And I’m guilty of it too. I bought a ticket to the upcoming Jax show. I usually don’t support artists/creators who treat their fans like shit but I wanted to go since it was near my birthday. Still kicking myself about giving them my money, especially recently.

Eh, you shouldn't be too down about it. At least they put on a good (and long show) and don't mail it in on the road. Just ridiculous that there's been 1 studio album released in 25 years featuring 1 original member even though all of them are still alive. Plus they think offering some horseshit boxset for $1,000 is fine but god forbid you film one of their performances and put it on youtube for free. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, zombux said:

https://www.captiongenerator.com/1470972/Axl-finds-out-about-Zutauts-locker

for everyone's amusement, credits go to the caption maker ;)

I was just about to share this. Glad I went back to make sure someone had not already posted it. The whole thing had me laughing but this shit had me cracking up.

2A146993-689C-499E-81C5-D2F612F9BF51.jpeg

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 1

When did the original 15 or so second clip of Hard School/Jackie Chan leak? And who was the leaker who said "Checkmate" upon leaking it? Was it around 2006? I found this old 2006 thread where it's mentioned people were debating whether it was even GNR back then:

3 minutes ago, Amir said:

When did the original 15 or so second clip of Hard School/Jackie Chan leak? And who was the leaker who said "Checkmate" upon leaking it? Was it around 2006? I found this old 2006 thread where it's mentioned people were debating whether it was even GNR back then:

It was 2006 because the guy who had it came to one of the shows and tried to extort money from Merck

He had an internet radio show where he played it if I'm remembering right - people recorded the sample from his live stream

Edited by TheSeeker
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Amir said:

It leaked on may 27, 2006 by someone called DJ Razz

Edited by fernandoGNR
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, fernandoGNR said:

It leaked on may 27, 2006 by someone called DJ Razz

That doesn't sound right at all. Better, IRS, Twat all leaked in '06 and Checkmate was more recent like 5 years ago.

Edited by 31illusions

Just playing devils advocate but has anyone confirmed anything new? Werent the two tracks already out there ? Could he be positioning for trades and trolling everyone ? Why would someone in virginia have a locker with gnr Holy Grail. I certainly am no expert on this stuff and havent followed the forums in a long time but just seems fishy 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AslatIE said:

Can someone who has the songs at least write them down as sheet music so we can have the songs without leaking them? :lol:

Then we can all record them on our own and share them :lol:

1 hour ago, GNRfanx6 said:

Why is there all this talk of being sued and copyright issues. All we need to do is have a private listening party. Private Discord for us members. We all log in and listen together.

I'm down

5 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

That doesn't sound right at all. Better, IRS, Twat all leaked in '06 and Checkmate was more recent like 5 years ago.

Yeah I remember those leaks from feb and march 2006, but I just checked zombux list and matches my notes. The Checkmate excerpt leaked on may 2006 along with TWAT and IRS '99

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

There was a WWE wrestling match between Tom Magee and Bret Hart in 1986 that was talked about for years because after Vince McMahon saw it, he yelled "THAT'S MY NEXT WORLD CHAMPION!" at Tom Magee backstage. Unfortunately, the match was only good because of Bret Hart, and Tom Magee turned out to be a horrible wrestler. It never aired on television and the tape was presumed lost.

A few months ago, a woman who had transferred Bret Hart's personal VHS collection to DVD over a decade ago went through some boxes and found a VHS copy of the match.

She posted a short clip online to prove its legitimacy, and within a few weeks there was a live event setup for WrestleMania weekend where Tom Magee and Bret Hart would talk about the match before a ticketed audience, and at the end of the show, they would debut the full match for the live crowd.

WWE found out about this and decided to undercut the organizers of the live show. They contacted the woman, gave her a bunch of money for the tape, and they aired the match as a special on WWE Network a few days before the live event.

Bret Hart is doing one of those Q&A tours with Inside the Ropes. I had tagged my brother in law on their advertisement for the Glasgow show. He wasn't entertained, telling me he'd summarise the evening for me without parting with money.

"I made Tom Magee look good and loved cheating on my wife."

:lol:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fernandoGNR said:

Yeah I remember those leaks from feb and march 2006, but I just checked zombux list and matches my notes. The Checkmate excerpt leaked on may 2006 along with TWAT and IRS '99

Maybe I have my dates messed up. I do remember someone asking Axl on here about Checkmate, he said it's called Jackie Chan or something like that. That was in '08 I believe.

Edited by 31illusions

When Checkmate leaked people debated for years about its legitimacy Basically until Axl's chat on here. 

Catcher In the Rye, IRS 99, TWAT and Better all leaked around then and everyone knew they were legit. So it made everyone super crazy, cynical, optimistic and just peaked the whole Chinese Democracy craze, imo. 

There were so many snippets out there that people were trying to pass off and sell/trade for others prior to CD's release. People were trading anything they could or passing other artist's music off as GnR.  I remember hearing Alkaline Trio's Time To Waste during this. I ended up with Biffy Clyro's Mountains way before it was released from all of this too. 

It was a great time to be a teenager on the internet lol. Hopefully that gives a little context to why people doubted Checkmate being a Guns song. The hunt for songs was the best part of CD, and it's probably why everyone is so geeked now. This could be a last hoorah for a lot of curiosities. 

Edited by bumbleslash69
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazyman said:

And why would he? If people keep coming to these shows he's going to do the same shit for the next 20+ years as well. 

Touring and merch pay the big money, particularly reunion tours. Releasing new music has no benefits for any of them anymore. Nobody buys music, streaming doesn't pay shit, and it won't be as good as it would've when they were in their 30's.

Because he is a musician?

And as a musician who is worth more than a hundred million dollars, one would hope his reason for being in the business wasn’t solely just to make money, but to create the best “art” that he could. 

It’s odd that people bash pop artists for vine sell outs and just trying to make money.....but then people say that Axl should do the same thing. 

I guess I’m just old school. I miss the Axl that released four albums in five years. The young rocker who once said he would hate to be in a band that just played and relied on their old hits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

My good friend was the producer for that WWE Network special. He kept me up to date on the entire process. It’s amazing what’s out in the world and what other people have in their possession that nobody knows about. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Because he is a musician?

And as a musician who is worth more than a hundred million dollars, one would hope his reason for being in the business wasn’t solely just to make money, but to create the best “art” that he could. 

It’s odd that people bash pop artists for vine sell outs and just trying to make money.....but then people say that Axl should do the same thing. 

I guess I’m just old school. I miss the Axl that released four albums in five years. The young rocker who once said he would hate to be in a band that just played and relied on their old hits. 

I doubt Axl is worth more than one hundred million dollars, though he's probably not struggling for money anymore these days. This is a guy who couldn't even pay Pittman $125k cira 2011/12 (and wrote him a promissory note), toured in 2006 to continue to fund CD and sold 20 years of publishing rights to Sanctuary back in 2005. 

But yes, I agree he should continue to release the (probably 50+) completed songs he has in a vault, or in this case, Tom Zutat's locker. He won't, however, because he doesn't have the same fire he did when he said he wanted to bury Appetite, and also because there's no reason for him to do so unless he gets forced to. He claimed a large part of the delay for CD was getting the right promotional strategy going, then didn't do any actual promo once it was released. Tbh I'm fairly certain we wouldn't have gotten CD if it wasn't for Dr. Pepper/Kaneda essentially forcing his hand. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

At this point we’re not getting anything. I probably should have recorded it when he played me a couple down the phone lol

Sad day for Guns fans. It’s a shame that only a few select people will hear these songs. Devastating. What a shame.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Sad day for Guns fans. It’s a shame that only a few select people will hear these songs. Devastating. What a shame.

I reckon something will come one way or another but who knows from what source. Anyone who leaks it is leaving themselves wide open to getting their ass sued so I think it’s understandable at this time