Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

In happier news, Planet Rock (UK radio station) have just said that new material is coming towards the end of the year. Said something along the lines of "I don't know about a new album, but keep your eye on film soundtracks towards the end of the year, and an EP early next year".

Honestly if that is the case, then I am fine with the stuff not leaking.

My ideal scenario with this is that Axl and co. release the music that they have and get compensated for it (financially and respect-wise) and then release the Chinese leftovers as a boxset to fans. If they could just say "we are releasing this album" then fine, I think it's just the track-record in all regards (actually releasing stuff, communication etc) is what irks the fans.

• Like 2

One thing I’m taking from this is that in a way I’m glad hard school didn’t end up on the CD album as it would’ve ended up with layers upon layers on it and probably wouldn’t sound the same as the 22 second clip did. It actually sounds similar to some of Slash’s work and I’m hoping that if there is going to be  CD leftovers on the next album ( if there ever will be one ) then hard school is one of them. It would be great to hear what Slash could do with the song. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

I've tried but no response.

Just curious: how did you try to reach him? The guy doesn't have a website, doesn't seem to be on any social media, is not involved in any new musical projects signed to a record label... For all we know he could have moved to Papua New Guinea :shrugs:

5 minutes ago, betterman said:

What sources do Planet rock have? Hope this is true 

'A source close to the band' this usually means, "we're making shit up".

Listen, a soundtrack towards the end of this year? Maybe? But I can't see it being a song co-written by the current band as they will be on tour until what, November? Sure they can record and carry files to any studio anywhere in the world but who knows! I know I'd love to hear a new record. There's one leaked snippet that has a very UYI feel to it, that I'd be interested to hear in full with a new vocal take (seemed like scratch vocals). It's on YouTube, so easy to find if you want to.

One thing I'm interested in is the reaction to the music. 

I think people are far more open to new directions now that Slash is home... Even though he's clearly not playing on demos from 2000, so you're still hearing the Chinese band.

I'm not complaining, I just find it funny😄

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Calm down people.

If the guy intended to leak anything it would just make sense to publicly act like he wouldn't. 

We also don't know to what extent the band/label/management has tried to prevent him from leaking any material. This is all rumors that tend to be exaggerated and then taken as gospel around these parts of the internet.

Then, if they really did try to prevent leaks, and they succeeded, then it is not unlikely this is due to the band expecting to release some of this material in the future. A new record with the current lineup is likely, in my opinion, to at least partly be based off songs from the CD sessions. If that happens, then I hope Axl will see fit to release also the old versions of these songs in a future box-set, with a few versions per song so people could see how they have evolved (Freese, Brain, pre-Bucket, Bucket, Slash, etc).

Anyway, calm down. The guy might still leak in the shadows, or someone else might. Or nothing happens now and at the very least we got to hear a little bit more of what we likely have in store for the future.

Good post - I think with these discs passing hands it’s just made it more likely that we will here more in time. When that time may be.....we will just need to wait I guess.

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

Just as a heads up we probably are going to lock this thread later today if no more updates are forthcoming.

It's looking like the time has passed for the moment for whatever reason. I personally think it's likely more stuff will come out eventually but realistically that might not be anytime soon or even in the next year or two.

Someone upthread mentioned the excitement turning to frustration and I think we can all see that happening - we'd rather the thread isn't derailed into a long rage fest against any or all parties that might be involved.

Unfortunately - makes sense. I agree - all this activity means it’s infinitely more likely we will get some of these tracks in the future now - I guess it’s just frustrating that we had a sample of what was in store and then nothing.

Part of me wishes we didn’t get to hear anything and we would therefore be none the wiser.....but then we would have got that cool snippet of Hard School AND the confirmation there is better stuff out there than what ended up on CD1. That 20-odd seconds is better than Scraped so it backs up the theory that other high-quality tracks were kept for the other ‘volumes’.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

'A source close to the band' this usually means, "we're making shit up".

Listen, a soundtrack towards the end of this year? Maybe? But I can't see it being a song co-written by the current band as they will be on tour until what, November? Sure they can record and carry files to any studio anywhere in the world but who knows! I know I'd love to hear a new record. There's one leaked snippet that has a very UYI feel to it, that I'd be interested to hear in full with a new vocal take (seemed like scratch vocals). It's on YouTube, so easy to find if you want to.

There's a constant stream of radio djs on 'classic rock' stations who play 'welcome to the jungle' then say "keep your ears open for new music from these guys very soon" after it. You might as well listen to the views of next-door's cat as pay it any credence. 

I'm sure people will start with the 'new terminator film coming soon....' nonsense too. 

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

In happier news, Planet Rock (UK radio station) have just said that new material is coming towards the end of the year. Said something along the lines of "I don't know about a new album, but keep your eye on film soundtracks towards the end of the year, and an EP early next year".

Like many of us, they’re simply working under the assumption that GNR appearing on the new Terminator soundtrack would benefit all parties.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stress Fracture said:

Like many of us, they’re simply working under the assumption that GNR appearing on the new Terminator soundtrack would benefit all parties.

I'm not sure why people seem to hang on to this idea so much - it comes up with every Terminator film, and all seems based on the fact they did a song for one of the franchises films back in 1991! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There's a constant stream of radio djs on 'classic rock' stations who play 'welcome to the jungle' then say "keep your ears open for new music from these guys very soon" after it. You might as well listen to the views of next-door's cat as pay it any credence. 

I'm sure people will start with the 'new terminator film coming soon....' nonsense too. 

That's (likely) based on the media hype from.tge few interviews where the band members talked about starting to make a record. I can't see it being anything more than that! But hey! If it builds some hype them hooray! Go for it, it's a good thing if GNR have a record that more people than just fan forum nerds and nerdettes want! 

Axlrosefan4life and fernandoGNR were both just viewing this thread a second ago...hopefully we get some kind of heads up on whether something will happen or not. At this point i dont mind either way, i just wanna know if i should keep checking here or not lol.

Edited by Sonicjam