Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

12 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

The Chinese songs got progressively worse on NITL, too. Slash doesn't give a fuck

1. Chinese Democracy- Fuck yeah! That sounds mean as hell!

2. Better- Alright! Slash actually made some cool changes! He took the time to actually write a new solo and when Axl is acceptable on it, its cool!

3. TiL- So hit and miss. A lot of these were great at the start of 2016, then Slash stopped giving a shit and just aimlessly played as fast as he could the following 2 years. Axl also tanked, but I guess we are talking about Slash here.

4. Sorry- Song itself is okay but I haven't heard a single Slash solo where he sounds like he gives a fuck. So fast with awful phrasing

5. Catcher- Same. Shred shred shred

6. TWAT- Keeps it like the album version, but sloppier

7. Prostitute- Same, whatever

8. Madagascar- Does pretty much nothing on it

Holy shit they have done 8 Chinese songs on the REUNION Tour?! I'm sure that was up to Slash and Duff!

agreed 

THIS I LOVE WAS PAINFUL TO LISTEN TO ALONG WITH ALL THE REST - pee break songs

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

yeah I've heard Rock N' Roll is Dead who said that? Probably The General...

Stay tuned while it's confirmed but yeah, Axl on lyrics of these two songs. Haven't heard them before but sounding great.

Wich songs?

35 minutes ago, axlweave said:

Lol here is how I think Axl would reply yo this forum now. While you greedy downloading mother fuckers are waiting on leaks you don’t deserve to have. Your kids are starving and your house is burning down. Lol my comedy for the day 

In the meanwhile, us greedy downloading mother fuckers are begging him to let us buy his music...

• Like 1

I suppose the upshot of all of this is that those people ‘in the know’ have confirmed that there are now multiple sources of these discs and so not just with @axlrosefan4life and who know how many more copies have been made from them?

As has been said over and over - it’s irritating when you have one of the largest fan bases who would front up cash for this stuff and people have to resort to what we have seen this weekend!!!

Edited by DTJ80

5 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

In happier news, Planet Rock (UK radio station) have just said that new material is coming towards the end of the year. Said something along the lines of "I don't know about a new album, but keep your eye on film soundtracks towards the end of the year, and an EP early next year".

4 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

It was the host that said it. He played Yesterday, then after the track finished started talking about new material. I have no clue what their sources might be but he sounded pretty confident in what he was saying. 

That's pretty specific. If true then we might get a new single later this year.

42 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I suppose the upshot of all of this is that those people ‘in the know’ have confirmed that there are now multiple sources of these discs and so not just with @axlrosefan4life. and who know how many more copies have been made from them?

Does this mean that ... and others bought copies of the CD's and the originals are still in the hands of whomever he met in Virginia?

3 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

The rumor is he created noise to get attention of Axl’s management so they would pay him off to back down on the potential leak. He shelled out a lot of cash for the discs and wanted his money back. 

40 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

yup

Do we know this for sure?

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

But don't you think it's possible he never had an intention to leak anything? could have been just a way to make it known he had the disks so he got paid to not leak anything and that way he gets to keep the disks and have the money as well. It's possible he just used us and we fell for it.

It is possible, but I didnt read in that way when he started to update his own excitement. And we did get snippets - like it or not, it's a undoubtly proof that everything is legit. Otherwise, we would still be arguing about if the CDs were even real. I may be wrong, of course, and I certainly don't speak for him.

And I don't think he "used" us in this elaborate scheme that sounds a lot like blackmail to me. 

But one thing I can say: it is fucked up to harass the guy. I understand the curiosity, but calm the fuck down. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TheViper said:

Does this mean that ... and others bought copies of the CD's and the originals are still in the hands of whomever he met in Virginia?

All I know is folk on here who are pretty reputable confirmed there were now multiple copies which wasn’t originally the case. I’m certain @RussTCBconfirmed this based on his own links.

Its seems there maybe an interview with ... in the offing which may explain what really happened at the weekend.

39 minutes ago, TheViper said:

Does this mean that ... and others bought copies of the CD's and the originals are still in the hands of whomever he met in Virginia?

Seems likely. Would be a huge missed opportunity for the original buyer to not make backups and complete more sales. Because sooner or later, the value will disappear when they leak. Hopefully no one is out thousands of dollars when that happens. 

5 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

It is possible, but I didnt read in that way when he started to update his own excitement. And we did get snippets - like it or not, it's a undoubtly proof that everything is legit. Otherwise, we would still be arguing about if the CDs were even real. I may be wrong, of course, and I certainly don't speak for him.

And I don't think he "used" us in this elaborate scheme that sounds a lot like blackmail to me. 

But one thing I can say: it is fucked up to harass the guy. I understand the curiosity, but calm the fuck down. 

Harassment is not called for - it’s folk (like me) trying to fill in the gaps since there has been radio silence since the CDs were apparently acquired. Let’s see what the future brings I guess and would be good if the proposed interview with the AFD podcast goes ahead. 👍

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

• downzy locked this topic
8 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

Just curious: how did you try to reach him? The guy doesn't have a website, doesn't seem to be on any social media, is not involved in any new musical projects signed to a record label... For all we know he could have moved to Papua New Guinea :shrugs:

Facebook and I asked Brain for his email, but the email could have been outdated. 

• Like 1