[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

I remember in an interview, Slash had said he'd bring new ideas in with the conspirators, and they'd say "woah that isn't 4/4". I hope if there ever is a new record, Slash develops more complex ideas (be it time signatures, or compostion) than what he has previously relied on in all his groups.

What would be cool is the departures he has taken from his typical pentatonic classic rock style riffs, such as

-Good to be Alive (killer chromatic riff progression in the prechorus)

-American Man (the verses progression and his contrasting riff sounded different than what I expect from him, i'm sure someone else can describe it better for me)

-Nothing to Say (palm muted metal riffing),

-Speed Parade (a heavy metal style main riff, and a slower thrash metal type bridge)

-Serial Killer (that fucking solo arpeggio thing was amazing),

-Anastasia (neo classical intro riff)

-She Mine (verses sounded "different")

-Lost Inside the Girl (shit could be a James Bond theme. Swanky)

-Beneath the Savage Sun (the metal riff that gets even more metal at the end when the drummer starts doing a little double bass action alongside Slash's palm muted pattern. Also that soothing arpeggio lead in the bridge)

TL;DR I hope Slash does more metal/chromatic/grungey/arpeggiated leads/swanky shit

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

43 minutes ago, betterman said:

Guns N’ Roses are much closer to releasing music than they have been letting on and it could include some of the material that Axl Rose had been previously working on. Axl has recently been working on laying down vocal tracks. The band is planning on touring this fall which could see them performing new music in over a decade, but the band is also releasing a new pinball machine later this year or early next year according to Slash

According to Richard Fortus the what we can expect is a sound of GNR evolving further from Chinese Democracy into new "territories" and will not lean towards AFD/Classic rock-style

We also have the rumor from Planetrock UK that there may be a new GNR song towards the end of the year, soundtrack/single to a movie

Haven't listened to the video yet, but who do they cite as their source?

In reference to your second point, Richard has talked about a follow up album since 08/09 and saying it will be "soon". God, this has brought back memories of 2004/2005 of everyone just going "soon"...!

15 minutes ago, Mendez said:

I remember in an interview, Slash had said he'd bring new ideas in with the conspirators, and they'd say "woah that isn't 4/4". I hope if there ever is a new record, Slash develops more complex ideas (be it time signatures, or compostion) than what he has previously relied on in all his groups.

Couldn't agree more on this point. This is the thing that has always made me relatively ambivalent to material that clearly has Slash as the lead contributor. Always in a 4/4 time sig, and it's always verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/solo/chorus. On the flip side, what has always attracted me to Axl's music is the pushing of the boundaries musically. The first time I heard Madagascar was in '04 with a live version from Rio 2001 from Limewire (:lol:) and I remember my 14 year old self thinking "I've never heard anything like this before!"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, betterman said:

GNR may release next record early next year! (GnrCentral.com)

And my pinky toe MAY detach itself and morph into a pink velociraptor that craps smurf-shaped pieces of silver and also slays my enemies on command. But I won't believe it until I actually see it happen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We know for sure now that Axl has a lot of unreleased stuff (many doubted this before the newest leaks/potential leaks) and its natural that some of the best material here will be on the next album, thats also what I can decipher of many interviews with Richard and I think he knows a bit more than people around here thinks - it will not surprise me if he has several writing credits on the new album. 

Lets hope there also is some new stuff written by Slash and Duff, it has to be right?

37 minutes ago, betterman said:

We know for sure now that Axl has a lot of unreleased stuff (many doubted this before the newest leaks/potential leaks) and its natural that some of the best material here will be on the next album, thats also what I can decipher of many interviews with Richard and I think he knows a bit more than people around here thinks - it will not surprise me if he has several writing credits on the new album. 

Lets hope there also is some new stuff written by Slash and Duff, it has to be right?

Nobody doubted Axl has a lot of unreleased stuff. We've known this since roughly 2001. There's a list of at least 15 titles that have been comfirmed. It's not natural that some of the best is on the next album, because it definitely wasn't on CD. Even some insider said CD didn't have "the big guns". Richard has been saying this shit since CD came out. Every year. Multiple times a year. Nothing has happened. Stop setting yourself up for inevitable disappointment. 

• Like 1

Yes we have been dissapointed multiple times and its easy to blame Richard. 

But from Richards standpoint: He knows the material is there and I believe its the reason he is so positive towards a release. The difference this time is that Slash and Duff has joined and the record company must be eager to get something new out. 

I don't believe a word of this. Fortus has told the fanbase the same vague bullshit almost every year since 05. Get one of the other members (Axl, Slash, Duff) actually coming out and saying "I was laying down tracks for the new Guns album the other day, it's coming soon" and then I might start hoping. Any other band in 2019 would typically tell fans WE ARE IN THE STUDIO, you might even see shots of them together at said studio.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

My son told me yesterday that the radio station in Springfield, Missouri has been saying a new album early next year followed by a tour. 😳

If true, that would be fantastic. 😊 I won't believe anything until I hear a new song or 2 though.