[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

30 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think any chance a new Guns album had will be ruined by these leaks. Axl already hates the music industry, and now his other big hidden guns are out there.

It's been 11 years since CD and 20 since these songs were originally recorded. Whether it's a series of leaks, an offhand comment by a producer, a member leaving, a member joining, the record company being too reticent, the record company being too pushy, a psychic saying the stars are not aligned, a Mayan prophecy announcing low sales and who knows what else, SOMETHING seems to ruin time and time again an eternally impending release. Whatever. If anything was prevented by these leaks is probably us going to our graves without hearing a batch of GnR songs that we had never heard before.

If the new storage locker songs haven’t been worked on since 2000 (Bumblefoot noodling doesn’t count), then I’m starting to see why CD2 never happened, and probably never will.

dont get me wrong, these are all awesome to listen to, but they all sound like sketches so far. Not full songs... Hardschool is close... Atlas and Perhaps are even closer... But something is just MISSING there!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

If the new storage locker songs haven’t been worked on since 2000 (Bumblefoot noodling doesn’t count), then I’m starting to see why CD2 never happened, and probably never will.

dont get me wrong, these are all awesome to listen to, but they all sound like sketches so far. Not full songs.

I mean, Three Dollar Pyramid doesn't even have vocals on these locker CDs and that became a full song with an awesome solo. I'm more optimistic that a lot of these songs will have been fleshed out over the years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Amir said:

I mean, Three Dollar Pyramid doesn't even have vocals on these locker CDs and that became a full song with an awesome solo. I'm more optimistic that a lot of these songs will have been fleshed out over the years.

That’s a good point. Maybe I’m being too pessimistic. If they did manage to pull together final versions of everything we’ve heard in the last month then I’ll be first in line to buy it, that’s for sure.

• GNFNR 3

They had at least 8 years to finish those songs. They could have finish it all those demos and would still have time to write at least three other albums untill 2008. 

We're getting only a snapshot of what the band was doing before their first live gig in Vegas. I'm sure there's so much more.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

On 9/16/2019 at 3:35 AM, Voodoochild said:

They had at least 8 years to finish those songs. They could have finish it all those demos and would still have time to write at least three other albums untill 2008. 

We're getting only a snapshot of what the band was doing before their first live gig in Vegas. I'm sure there's so much more.

sorry to say, but I think that once buckethead left, not a lot of progress was made.

just look at Buckethead contributions in a year he's been there. He was a powerhouse... and considering Axls "farewell to bucket" letter, Buckethead was AWOL from 2003... 

since Axl didnt feel the need to replace him till hammerstein in 2006... means the work was probably focused on things they already had in store.

when BBF came on board, he was probably signed up only to touch up on old songs... and he seems to have to low of an ego to push for a change (and to be frank, I wasnt that into him so Im a bit biased). 

when ashba joined the train, something might have started to roll, since he seems ambitious enough to get the ball rolling. 

so we probably have 2-3 years of Buckethead work we dont know about, and 3-4 years of Ashba efforts. 

I think Ashbas would probably suit HIM more than GNR, so I am eager to hear what Bucket still had done. But I'm a bit wary that theres a large treasure throve out there of pre 2008 songs. 

Axl said they have 3 albums worth of material, and we've already heard 2. 1 more album worth of material is out there from the GoldenCD era. 

I think its amazing what they already had in 2001. And I believe that had not Buckethead left, we actually might have had the album in 2004. That probably was a psychological and logistical hurdle that took time to overcome. 

An album of
CD

CITR

Atlas

OMG

Eyes on you

Hard School

TWAT

Perhaps

Silkworms

Madagascar

Blues

Better

Going down

already in 2001 would have put so much pressure of Axls back, and a clean slate to do whatever after that. But I fear, a lot of effort had been put into polishing and retaking. 

(And this is not taking into consideration half of the CD songs and half of the current leaks that could have been an ep or saved for 2nd album) 

Edited by username05

4 hours ago, username05 said:

sorry to say, but I think that once buckethead left, not a lot of progress was made.

just look at Buckethead contributions in a year he's been there. He was a powerhouse... and considering Axls "farewell to bucket" letter, Buckethead was AWOL from 2003... 

since Axl didnt feel the need to replace him till hammerstein in 2006... means the work was probably focused on things they already had in store.

when BBF came on board, he was probably signed up only to touch up on old songs... and he seems to have to low of an ego to push for a change (and to be frank, I wasnt that into him so Im a bit biased). 

when ashba joined the train, something might have started to roll, since he seems ambitious enough to get the ball rolling. 

so we probably have 2-3 years of Buckethead work we dont know about, and 3-4 years of Ashba efforts. 

I think Ashbas would probably suit HIM more than GNR, so I am eager to hear what Bucket still had done. But I'm a bit wary that theres a large treasure throve out there of pre 2008 songs. 

Axl said they have 3 albums worth of material, and we've already heard 2. 1 more album worth of material is out there from the GoldenCD era. 

I think its amazing what they already had in 2001. And I believe that had not Buckethead left, we actually might have had the album in 2004. That probably was a psychological and logistical hurdle that took time to overcome. 

An album of
CD

CITR

Atlas

OMG

Eyes on you

Hard School

TWAT

Perhaps

Silkworms

Madagascar

Blues

Better

Going down

already in 2001 would have put so much pressure of Axls back, and a clean slate to do whatever after that. But I fear, a lot of effort had been put into polishing and retaking. 

(And this is not taking into consideration half of the CD songs and half of the current leaks that could have been an ep or saved for 2nd album) 

I agree, but we dont know. But I dont think the rest of the band spent from 2004 to 2008 without writing anything. Even after that: the band thought there would be a new album in 2011. 

There's some quotes from people involved that they kept coming up with more new songs. Axl said in 2006 that Richard was working in a new song that wasnt even supposed to come out in the 1st album.

But yeah, the most prolific time was from 1998 to at least 2003. Still plenty of time to get more than those tracks in the leaked CDs. 

29 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I agree, but we dont know. But I dont think the rest of the band spent from 2004 to 2008 without writing anything. Even after that: the band thought there would be a new album in 2011. 

There's some quotes from people involved that they kept coming up with more new songs. Axl said in 2006 that Richard was working in a new song that wasnt even supposed to come out in the 1st album.

But yeah, the most prolific time was from 1998 to at least 2003. Still plenty of time to get more than those tracks in the leaked CDs. 

I don't know. This is what Bumble said in 2011:

"There is enough music for another two albums, but these are all 10 year old recordings from the Chinese Democracy sessions. Those songs are not new songs and this current band, this relevant band that contains me and DJ and Richard and Frank on drums, we have yet to get in a studio together and sit down on the floor with guitars and just start writing. We have not done that. The only music that is going to be coming out at this point that I see from G’N’R is going to be from 10 years ago with players that have been gone for 5 years and maybe alternative mixes of songs."

He seems to imply that nothing was really written after 2001, at least nothing of note, and that certainly nothing had been written since he joined up to that point, as a band. It is possible individual members came up with stuff, etc., but the real bulk of stuff seems to date from those early, productive years, the same stuff that they kept reworking endlessly afterwards. I wouldn't really be surprised if very little was added to the vaults after Bucket left.

Edited by El Nono Pololo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, El Nono Pololo said:

"There is enough music for another two albums, but these are all 10 year old recordings from the Chinese Democracy sessions. Those songs are not new songs and this current band, this relevant band that contains me and DJ and Richard and Frank on drums, we have yet to get in a studio together and sit down on the floor with guitars and just start writing. We have not done that. The only music that is going to be coming out at this point that I see from G’N’R is going to be from 10 years ago with players that have been gone for 5 years and maybe alternative mixes of songs."

He seems to imply that nothing was really written after 2001, at least nothing of note, and that certainly nothing had been written since he joined up to that point, as a band. It is possible individual members came up with stuff, etc., but the real bulk of stuff seems to date from those early, productive years, the same stuff that they kept reworking endlessly afterwards. I wouldn't really be surprised if very little was added to the vaults after Bucket left.

Wow, that's really sad.

10 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I can see Duff singing Going Down

But why would he, though? If Axl would sing it, then yeah, it would make somewhat sense, but Duff singing some obscure leaked song written by a former member? No way. And that was not a diss against Tommy or Duff.

If they put a song with Duff's vocals on the new album, the song will be a new song written by Duff. (Or a fourth version of Wasted Heart.)

3 hours ago, El Nono Pololo said:

IMO, Axl was fully motivated to make a comeback between 99 and 02. 

Whatever went down during the period, and we still don’t really have any idea, he obviously threw in the towel. 

It sounds to me like they never really did much outside of touring since 02. 

And they didn’t even want CD to come out when it did. 

Then the reunion, it probably wouldn’t happen if he was still motivated with the band at the time. 

It’s a sad story indeed, especially considering we don’t really know the story.

• Like 3

If Axl didn't really write or record with the Ashba line up maybe that indicates he didn't have full confidence in them. It's not like they didn't bring songs to him.

Better seemed to be the homework track he gave to people to see what they can bring to the table, maybe he didn't like DJ's version or Brains version or Rons version.

On one hand you say he obviously threw in the towel then on the other you admit we don't know the full story. I'm not sure I understand.

11 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Whatever went down during the period, and we still don’t really have any idea, he obviously threw in the towel. 

Then the reunion, it probably wouldn’t happen if he was still motivated with the band at the time. 

1 hour ago, Shacklermyrye said:

If Axl didn't really write or record with the Ashba line up maybe that indicates he didn't have full confidence in them. It's not like they didn't bring songs to him.

Better seemed to be the homework track he gave to people to see what they can bring to the table, maybe he didn't like DJ's version or Brains version or Rons version.

On one hand you say he obviously threw in the towel then on the other you admit we don't know the full story. I'm not sure I understand.

What I meant is we don’t know the full story, but nothing really happened apart from touring in over a decade. And apparently they didn’t even really want to release CD. 

It seems to me the creative period ended in 02 and Axl became content with just touring 

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

Pretty sure that VR forming knocked the wind out of Axls sails. I remember an interview with slash back then and he said that he knew Axl had asked a record company person to hear some songs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, El Nono Pololo said:

Yeah. I'm not really counting on Bumble's work to be honest. Axl clearly didnt bother much with Bumblefoot and DJ Ashba's suggestions, and I'm not sure he was wrong there.

But do you really think all the band did from 2001 to at least 2006 was to rerecord and tink what they had done? I don't think so. If Richard is to be believed, he helped in the writing for Better, even tho the song was quite ready in its arrangement in 2001. Axl sang this song in a very different way from those 1999-2001 sessions too, and he used the rasp in some other songs like Scraped, Shacklers and Sorry. All of those tracks had instrumental demos in 2000 (judging by that fax page of the vault demos in Rick's picture). And what about The General? Would this be the only track written, recorded and mixed after the Village sessions? 

When Robin left in 1999, he said there were no vocals. Suddenly, we had a full album ready to master in 1999 with the very same vocal takes used in 2008. I just think some members didnt have the broad picture of what was happening with Axl and Caram's work. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

When Robin left in 1999, he said there were no vocals. Suddenly, we had a full album ready to master in 1999 with the very same vocal takes used in 2008. I just think some members didnt have the broad picture of what was happening with Axl and Caram's work. 

And Brian May said in May 2000 that at the time he did the sessions (likely late 1999, not long after Finck had left) he heard many songs with vocals (at least an album) and at least two albums worth of material. And there's no reason that he would lie or exaggerate about that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Yeah. I'm not really counting on Bumble's work to be honest. Axl clearly didnt bother much with Bumblefoot and DJ Ashba's suggestions, and I'm not sure he was wrong there.

But do you really think all the band did from 2001 to at least 2006 was to rerecord and tink what they had done? I don't think so. If Richard is to be believed, he helped in the writing for Better, even tho the song was quite ready in its arrangement in 2001. Axl sang this song in a very different way from those 1999-2001 sessions too, and he used the rasp in some other songs like Scraped, Shacklers and Sorry. All of those tracks had instrumental demos in 2000 (judging by that fax page of the vault demos in Rick's picture). And what about The General? Would this be the only track written, recorded and mixed after the Village sessions? 

they didn't have the broad picture cause they just brought their ideas probably, recorded what they had and then Axl laid down the vocals when he was ready, when he felt like it was the right time for him. Bumble recorded his guitars on 30 tracks including the official release. That's basically what he said. Fortus 100% came up with the chorus riff that made Better complete.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

they didn't have the broad picture cause they just brought their ideas probably, recorded what they had and then Axl laid down the vocals when he was ready, when he felt like it was the right time for him. Bumble recorded his guitars on 30 tracks including the official release. That's basically what he said. Fortus 100% came up with the chorus riff that made Better complete.

If Fortus came up with the chorus of better then why does he not have writing credits on it?

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

And Brian May said in May 2000 that at the time he did the sessions (likely late 1999, not long after Finck had left) he heard many songs with vocals (at least an album) and at least two albums worth of material. And there's no reason that he would lie or exaggerate about that.

Inded. Besides Hard School and Atlas, the other "new" songs with vocals that got leaked were pretty rough. But evidence of other songs being worked in the Bucket/Brain era and even after that indicate that Axl was still recording after 2000. 

Remember how there were lots of people here that, before the vault leaks, believed Axl ONLY HAD the songs in the official release left? I dont think is that unreasonable to consider that there were more songs in different level of production being thrown in the table. 

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I know but I think Bumble's statement of "10 year old Chinese sesssions" shouldn't be taken so serious. 

Also, I think Richard (or Axl himself) said that he wrote some stuff that were not supposed to be in the 1st release. As far as we know, that could mean more sessions after 2002. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

If Fortus came up with the chorus of better then why does he not have writing credits on it?

If the booklet is your source then I wouldn't trust it. We have Fortus on video specifically explaining which part he wrote while seeming very proud (as he should be) while playing that chorus riff. That part is the balls of the song and this is one of the main reasons why I think he's a good fit for this band with Slash. He can bring that element to the material which is crucial imo.

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

If the booklet is your source then I wouldn't trust it. We have Fortus on video specifically explaining which part he wrote while seeming very proud (as he should be) while playing that chorus riff. That part is the balls of the song and this is one of the main reasons why I think he's a good fit for this band with Slash. He can bring that element to the material which is crucial imo.

According to Wikipedia tho he doesn’t even have writing credits for the song via ASCAP. Is the poor guy even getting the royalties he deserves for it?