[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

8 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

If they got the nerves to release anything with more than one cover song at maximum, I am finally done with this band.

Anything but new own material is unacceptable after all these years. And new material does not mean to polish some thirty years old demo tracks.  

Well, Rolling Stones released cover album lately...

Besides, its not like album sales are main source of income for bands these days.

5 hours ago, Gibbo said:

He will be there till the end now.

This. Money for touring are too good now for hm to leave. Besides, he says it clear that he prefers to tour than to record, and he always has solo career to be "creative", if he want.

9 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

An EP would be a good hold-over, like "here's a few tracks while we work on the album over the next year". It would justify the continued touring, give them more time to release a full album, and partially satisfy the fan-base (by at least proving they are actually working on new music and are capable of releasing it.) Is it ideal? No. But I'd still take it... assuming it would consist of at least some new material, and not just re-worked CD songs.

A good hold over will be to release the second half of Chinese on Itunes or some shit. An EP is almost insulting after 11 years with no original material. With that said, I'll take what I can get, but I don't think Axl will do either of those things anyway.  If he releases the rest of Chinese as is on Itunes it will not represent this line up and I have a feeling he doesn't want that.

I'm guessing he wants to still use Chinese era material partially at least and rerecord some of it and he seems to be too old school to release just an EP or in a form of digital release only.

I think Axl will just wait and not release anything until he completes an album with this line up using updated stuff he has already recorded and adding new material to that and in the mean time we'll either get nothing at all or another useless release of covers or some kind of cash grab release from the past at best.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, acor said:

Well, Rolling Stones released cover album lately...

Besides, its not like album sales are main source of income for bands these days.

Well, Other than GNR Rolling Stones have released one million albums with own material before their current cover album. 

Besides, I have not said a single word about sources of income for the band. Anyways, no new own material = ticket sales going down = no income.

People won’t pay hundreds/thousands of dollars (any longer) for a pure cover/nostalgia band, especially if they have been already to the NITL tour during the past three years. The reunion hype is dead.

14 hours ago, djones1225 said:

If it's an EP with some of covers and new songs possibly this could be a potential tracklist:

1. The General or another unreleased CD song

2. Black Hole Sun

3. Atlas Shrugged

4. Wichita Lineman

5. Better (Re- Recorded w/ new intro)

6. The Seeker

7. Hardschool

It's not my ideal tracklisting, I'd rather have a new album with no covers, but it seems they love those cover songs so it would sense if they ended up on an ep. With better it would turn people on to CD again, or new fans since Better is the only CD song on NITL that sounds different and better than the actual studio version (except Axl and Slashs Solo)

Fine with the majority of this but Better does not sound better now, everything about the song that was good has disappeared. The original as well as the live version from 2006-2014 had a brilliant laid back groove, will still having a striding feel. The new version is pushed and loses all the subtleties. The vocals aren't half as good, the guitar isn't, the drums aren't. The only thing that has stayed pretty consistent is the backing vocals which are just as good as the older live versions. 

The song is sleazier now, maybe that's what you like, but I believe they could have kept the feel and made it sleazy in sections. They could have even changed the perfect solos at that point and it would not have been such a disaster. 

The only songs they pulled off were Chinese, Madagascar and TWAT. The rest Should be left alone. 

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

The only songs they pulled off were Chinese, Madagascar and TWAT. The rest Should be left alone. 

Not once did Axl or Slash pulled off TWAT imo. Slash played a good version of Robin's solo but fucked up Bucket's outro every single time. Chinese and Madagascar sounds good though. Especially Chinese. Great version by Slash on that one.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Not once did Axl or Slash pulled off TWAT imo. Slash played a good version of Robin's solo but fucked up Bucket's outro every single time. Chinese and Madagascar sounds good though. Especially Chinese. Great version by Slash on that one.

I was being generous with TWAT 😄 

45 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

What I'd Like to see on a GNR album would be 15 songs:

5 CD outtakes with Slash n Duff

5 Songs from the mid 90s sessions or left over Velvet Revolver ideas

(Ex. Ain't Goin Down, Machine Gun)

5 new written songs

Yeah, something along the lines of this would probably be the best way to go.

1 hour ago, djones1225 said:

What I'd Like to see on a GNR album would be 15 songs:

5 CD outtakes with Slash n Duff

5 Songs from the mid 90s sessions or left over Velvet Revolver ideas

(Ex. Ain't Goin Down, Machine Gun)

5 new written songs

I think it could be a really good album too. At least youd get some music on there they were pasaionate about at some point

A Different Kind of Truth came together that way and it was a really good album

24 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

15 songs released in 25 years...any upcoming EP or album that's loaded with cover songs is gonna disappoint. I'd be down with what DJones1225 said. 

Way too long, they should do an oldschool eight tracks album to check waters, do a year long tour for it, then release another album and do it again. This way they would keep their fanbase interested and be always on tour getting their beloved $$. 

A tight album with no fillers would be great to their legacy, way better than releasing a long albun filled with fillers, like UYI.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

Guns N' Roses New Album "Ad Calendas Graecas" Release Dates :

USA - 
- Never, In a month of Sundays 
- Paul Bunyan's Birthday 

FRANCE -

- "Quand les poules auront des dents."

Germany N' Holand 
- Sint Juttemis / Sankt Nimmerlainstag 

Brazil -

- 31 De Fevereiro a tarde.
- Dia de São Nunca. 

Face it, we still have at least five years 'till that Axl's contract expires.

Challenge :
- Listen to a Guns N' Roses Nu Song 

Obstacle :
- Axl Rose. 

I wouldn't mind an EP/album with The Seeker on it, I really think they nailed that one and Axl actually sounds very good on it. But it would be a cheap ass cashgrab to just release an album/EP with a bunch of reworked ChiDem songs, stuff from the Vault, and a bunch of covers. Then again, it would fit current day GNR perfectly :D

They could easily have Slash & Duff slap a few overdubs on the Chinese sessions, spruce up some tracks from the lost '96 album, bang out a cover of The Seeker, and it would be the quickest and easiest album they would ever make - and fuck knows they have enough material to make it a double album. Throwing that out there would buy them more than enough time to comfortably work on a new new album.

But that would never happen because this band and it's "management" are gaggle of bumbling fucking imbeciles who, as has been perfectly put many times by people on here, are constantly tripping over dollars to pick up pennies.

42 minutes ago, D.. said:

His silence for a while is extremely good news to me. The more silent he is, the more it's an indication he is working his ass off, that's how he is. You can bet he is working like a madman on the new album.

I don't know man.. he was silent between 2017 NA leg and 2018 EU Leg too. And even Mickey Rourke told us that he is working his ass off and sounds 'better than ever'...
And he came back fat and his voice was rough so there is 30% that he is working on a new material and his shape and 70% that he is sitting on a sopha, watching Netflix, eating beta's sandwiches and drinking beer.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, D.. said:

The production is ace. You must be deaf to ears if you can't appreciate the quality (There Was A Time is hands down in the top tier GN'R songs, ever).

Production is good on some tracks and bad on the others. 

Yeah TWAT sounds great but I.R.S sounds worse than demo.

• Like 2