[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

@RussTCB I agree with you on so many opinions on here, Chinese is my favorite Guns album, Finck is awesome, never understood the love for Frank though. His style has always bothered me. I’m sure you explained it before somewhere, but what do you like about frank? (Not trying to sound like a smart ass just legit want to know what in particular makes him your favorite GNR drummer) 

It's actually kinda hard to describe what I like about him. I think a lot of what I like is what other people strongly dislike. I really, really dig all the extra tom fills and cymbal hits he throws around. 

• Like 2

On 8/8/2019 at 10:02 AM, RussTCB said:

Huh? This is what I was referring to earlier; there's just too much vague BS posted.

The only legit things that are out there (that I'm aware of) are the 20 or so second of Hard School. 3 seconds of studio quality Atlas, then a minute or so of a cell phone quality recording of Atlas. What else are you referring to?

there was a clip I found that was about a minute long, titled  2019 atlas.  It wasnt those songs people are referring  to on this thread, Ive heard them too.  This was different than the old fake atlas clips.  It was up, then down a day later

On 06/08/2019 at 12:10 AM, Tom2112 said:

I've heard this argument a thousand times and it's based in the "I liked the way it was😭😭😭" thought process.

It's a total crock of shit. I have heard a lot of bootlegs of the uyi line up and there was a lot of questionable moments. 

This current line up isn't ever going to change your mind though. My suggestion is simple, stay rooted in the past... Pretend that Gilby was a great songwriter, pretend that Izzy wanted to tour, pretend that Matt was a perfect fit for GNR... It's all good! I'm going to listen to whatever comes out with an open mind, if it's good I'll praise it! If it's bad I'll say just that! It's fair enough if you have a narrow scope for gnr can be, but I don't share that view. 

This is something I've noticed on this forum haha. Like complaining about the amount of keyboard players as if that is actually something worth complaining about :shrugs:. Also complaining about that just shows a lack of understanding of how these shows works and why these people are needed. It seems like older gnr fans really like to find random things to complain about, like CD being made through pro tools and that somehow makes all the music on it bad, this is just one example but you get what I mean 🙄

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

21 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I met Richard after a thin Lizzy gig, it was late he was tired but he stood around for ages and talked with me and a bunch of others. He talked about GNR, his guitars, gave us picks. He was just a really nice guy. Same with Frank, I met him in a music store right before a gig in 2012, and he was so nice! I thought both were great additions to the band before meeting them, but after that it was cemented! I know some of you might think "of course they were nice, they have to be" but, really they don't and a lot of times when you meet these people they are rude as fuck! and don't want to see you at all! for example the same time I met Frank, I met Chris Pitman and he was completely uninterested in meeting me, didn't care that I was a fan or that I was excited to meet him. He was a dick tbh. Thankfully Frank was cool to the whole experience was saved. Anyway! being nice doesn't mean anything if you can't cut it as a player, I just personally believe both of them are the whole package! We don't all have to agree on that, and this thread is evidence of that! :D 

I once "worked" in a Gilby gig here in Brazil, I believe it was 2009 and I was very close to the venue manager, so I got to hang out with Gilby. 

He said some interesting stuff about his tours, told some GNR stuff. 

I have some pictures with him somewhere. He was great. 

Edited by default_
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, default_ said:

I once "worked" in a Gilby gig here in Brazil, I believe it was 2009 and I was very close to the venue manager, so I got to hang out with Gilby. 

He said some interesting stuff about his tours, told some GNR stuff. 

I have some pictures with him somewhere. He was great. 

Well that's a cliffhanger :D I guarantee Gilby is a lovely bloke, and he was good in GNR as a touring musician. I just haven't heard any material from him yet, that excites me! it might exist for all I know though!

3 hours ago, Jw224 said:

This is something I've noticed on this forum haha. Like complaining about the amount of keyboard players as if that is actually something worth complaining about :shrugs:. Also complaining about that just shows a lack of understanding of how these shows works and why these people are needed. It seems like older gnr fans really like to find random things to complain about, like CD being made through pro tools and that somehow makes all the music on it bad, this is just one example but you get what I mean 🙄

I know what you mean. And I see their point too. It's hard when you grow up with a band and it changes and becomes something different. I came into guns when I wasn't even sure if GNR was still a thing, so I was excited to see the new version of the band when they played the VMAs... it was a crap performance, but I watched it a million times :D It's like Metallica and everything after And justice, I love the black album and load albums, but other fans hate them because they are slower, the hair cuts and some of the grungier influences that crept in. Basically, I arrived after the fact, so I got to experience it with a fresh perspective, rather than having to compare it against what was. To me it's a simple, is the music good. if it is, then I'm going to listen to it! whether or not it's popular really has no significance! 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

16 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I know what you mean. And I see their point too. It's hard when you grow up with a band and it changes and becomes something different. I came into guns when I wasn't even sure if GNR was still a thing, so I was excited to see the new version of the band when they played the VMAs... it was a crap performance, but I watched it a million times :D It's like Metallica and everything after And justice, I love the black album and load albums, but other fans hate them because they are slower, the hair cuts and some of the grungier influences that crept in. Basically, I arrived after the fact, so I got to experience it with a fresh perspective, rather than having to compare it against what was. To me it's a simple, is the music good. if it is, then I'm going to listen to it! whether or not it's popular really has no significance! 

I see their point in regards to the band changing, but all the other petty complaints i don't understand at all. It comes off very "bitter old man" like. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 5:20 AM, Tom2112 said:

Yeah, I didn't really appreciate it at the time. I was very much in the camp of "these guys are ruining Slash's parts" but listening back now, I love it. It was so different! And when they played off each other it was fantastic! 

2006 GN'R was on a different level. I'd rank it above the NITL lineup tbh

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

2006 GN'R was on a different level. I'd rank it above the NITL lineup tbh

They should've reunited then. Then they probably would've gotten Izzy then too. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Brain, Dizzy & Chris. That would've been a damn good lineup compared to now & Axl sounded pretty damn good then too.

6 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

They should've reunited then. Then they probably would've gotten Izzy then too. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Brain, Dizzy & Chris. That would've been a damn good lineup compared to now & Axl sounded pretty damn good then too.

I'm convinced the tour would've grossed twice as much if it had happened in '06. They could have had a late-career revival like Aerosmith too and gotten a few more albums out. 

When Slash went to Axl’s house in 06 that should’ve been the spark for a reunion. What could’ve came out that could’ve been great. But in reality Slash needed to get clean and Axl needed to get CD out his system to show where he wanted to go musically. It would’ve imploded quickly. 2009 would’ve been the perfect time once Fink left then we wouldn’t have endured the Ashba era and Axl still had good vocals. 

Edited by Gold top 78

On 8/9/2019 at 3:42 PM, Jw224 said:

I don't think I have ever heard anyone ever say that pro tools are what makes the music on CD bad.. Not even once.. That is how the majority of music has been recorded for about 20 years now.. I have heard people say they didn't like the lineup, Axl's voice, the songs, that is was too convoluted, too many layers and so on, but never anything about pro tools.. 

How did the shows work without a second keyboard player in 86, 87, 88, 89, 91 and 93?  Must have been magic I suppose... Even Teddy Zig Zag was only used sparingly during the 92 tour for a couple songs a show.. 

On 8/9/2019 at 7:05 PM, Tom2112 said:

Well that's a cliffhanger :D I guarantee Gilby is a lovely bloke, and he was good in GNR as a touring musician. I just haven't heard any material from him yet, that excites me! it might exist for all I know though!

You never got into Pawnshop Guitars back in the day? 

6 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I'm convinced the tour would've grossed twice as much if it had happened in '06. They could have had a late-career revival like Aerosmith too and gotten a few more albums out. 

Yup. I have been saying all along the reunion was 10 years too late... Gotta take what we can get I suppose but such a waste..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gold top 78 said:

When Slash went to Axl’s house in 06 that should’ve been the spark for a reunion. What could’ve came out that could’ve been great. But in reality Slash needed to get clean and Axl needed to get CD out his system to show where he wanted to go musically. It would’ve imploded quickly. 2009 would’ve been the perfect time once Fink left then we wouldn’t have endured the Ashba era and Axl still had good vocals. 

I don't think they were mentally ready in 2006 nor 2009 to reunite, especially Axl.  I think both Axl and Slash still had stuff to work on their own. It really seems to me that 2014 was the start where Axl was ready to reunite with Slash and bury the hatred. For Slash, he had to do his own solo record and then create another band with Myles to see what it was like to have creative control. I would have LOVED to have seen the reunion happen sooner, but it just seems to me that the timeline was right when it was supposed to happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

I don't think they were mentally ready in 2006 nor 2009 to reunite, especially Axl.  I think both Axl and Slash still had stuff to work on their own. It really seems to me that 2014 was the start where Axl was ready to reunite with Slash and bury the hatred. For Slash, he had to do his own solo record and then create another band with Myles to see what it was like to have creative control. I would have LOVED to have seen the reunion happen sooner, but it just seems to me that the timeline was right when it was supposed to happen. 

Yeah I agree. There’s no way it could’ve happened sooner. It happened right when it needed to.

The Replacements reunion and the Appetite for Democracy DVD are the two unsung heroes in the reunion saga. The former led to Duff joining the band for a couple of weeks and the latter required Slash to sign off on it, forcing lines of communication to open between the two camps.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, djones1225 said:

+ Bucket for the CD stuff

now there's a lineup

8 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Let’s not forget Slash went to Axl’s house during a short tour break to record something. There’s at least a single coming out soon... 

I don't know if Slash going to Axl's house and presumably working on something with him necessarily means that a single will come out soon.

Edited by Rovim

8 hours ago, Draguns said:

I was a bit drunk when I posted that :lol: and didn’t quite finish the post off. But I agree with what your saying.