betterman

[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

13 hours ago, djones1225 said:

They should've reunited then. Then they probably would've gotten Izzy then too. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Brain, Dizzy & Chris. That would've been a damn good lineup compared to now & Axl sounded pretty damn good then too.

+ Bucket for the CD stuff

now there's a lineup

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Let’s not forget Slash went to Axl’s house during a short tour break to record something. There’s at least a single coming out soon... 

I don't know if Slash going to Axl's house and presumably working on something with him necessarily means that a single will come out soon.

Edited by Rovim

8 hours ago, Draguns said:

I don't think they were mentally ready in 2006 nor 2009 to reunite, especially Axl.  I think both Axl and Slash still had stuff to work on their own. It really seems to me that 2014 was the start where Axl was ready to reunite with Slash and bury the hatred. For Slash, he had to do his own solo record and then create another band with Myles to see what it was like to have creative control. I would have LOVED to have seen the reunion happen sooner, but it just seems to me that the timeline was right when it was supposed to happen. 

I was a bit drunk when I posted that :lol: and didn’t quite finish the post off. But I agree with what your saying. 

10 hours ago, Draguns said:

I don't think they were mentally ready in 2006 nor 2009 to reunite, especially Axl.  I think both Axl and Slash still had stuff to work on their own. It really seems to me that 2014 was the start where Axl was ready to reunite with Slash and bury the hatred. For Slash, he had to do his own solo record and then create another band with Myles to see what it was like to have creative control. I would have LOVED to have seen the reunion happen sooner, but it just seems to me that the timeline was right when it was supposed to happen. 

2006 was indeed the perfect moment. Duff and Slash were clean by that year and did a great album with Contraband. Axl changed his look, his voice got better. GnR needed a new drummer. Axl had 3 CDs of material, which they could have reworked.

A triple album with Slash, Duff, Matt, Axl and Izzy would have been great.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Creed said:

2006 was indeed the perfect moment. Duff and Slash were clean by that year and did a great album with Contraband. Axl changed his look, his voice got better. GnR needed a new drummer. Axl had 3 CDs of material, which they could have reworked.

A triple album with Slash, Duff, Matt, Axl and Izzy would have been great.

No. Mentally speaking they were no where close to being ready. Axl still didn't release CD at that point. Slash didn't release his solo album either. Also Slash and Duff still had VR at that point. 

Additionally, Duff wasn't even speaking to Axl. Slash released his book in 2007, which caused further issues. You then had Slash dealing with his mother's death causing him to quit smoking. The infamous cancer comment by Axl right when Slash's mother was dying. All these things happened. If they had reunited in 06, it would have been a disaster for all parties involved. Like I said, I would have loved that the reunion happened sooner but each of them just wasn't there mentally. 

I analyze it from a logical standpoint rather than an emotional standpoint of being a fan, which brought me to the conclusion that they simply weren't ready.  

Edited by Draguns
additional text
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The timing of the reunion was perfect. Axl played Vegas shows and VR was finished. But I think they missed a great chance to point out 1 or 2 songs in 16/17...

Crossed fingers for a new song soon...

• Like 2

On 8/9/2019 at 2:27 PM, RussTCB said:

As long as I live, I'll never understand the hate for Robin or Frank

Not sure, but I LOVE this Robin / Frank combo (Frank comes in aroudn the 1 minute mark)

Mofo strikes again. Silly boy Mofo😂

• Sad 1

Sometimes it crosses my mind this is a band thing, doing this to try to keep the "mistique", closer to the 80s when you had to go and buy bootlegs if you wanted something like this. With the whole media black out going on... Its like they want the band to get back to the 80s and 90s. 

No way a reunion would have happened in 2006. Slash was still riding high with VR because Contraband was such a huge success. 2008 would have seemed more plausible but by then Axl was so far with CD it ended up being released

• Like 1

3 hours ago, default_ said:

Sometimes it crosses my mind this is a band thing, doing this to try to keep the "mistique", closer to the 80s when you had to go and buy bootlegs if you wanted something like this. With the whole media black out going on... Its like they want the band to get back to the 80s and 90s. 

Yeah I’m sure the limited media has something to do with maintaining the “myth/ mystique” of the band, in some form or another.

5 hours ago, default_ said:

I think so too, but I think that while I get the whole mystery aspect to it, in 2019 it just pisses everyone off :lol: 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I think so too, but I think that while I get the whole mystery aspect to it, in 2019 it just pisses everyone off :lol: 

It could be cool if they had stuff going on, but as of today, theres nothing to keep the fanbase interested as even youtube videos are forbidden.

They dont want anything unofficially circulating? Give us something official then, a lot of bands use their social media to keep their fans interested and all GNR does is post terrible artwork and lyric videos of 30 years old songs edited in free apps. 

Edited by default_

What’s the music at the end of the video 

Rapidfire ? 

26 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

Rapidfire ? 

That's Detroit 2016. That's just after concert music playing over the PA. I can't begin to remember exactly what it was, but it wouldn't have been Rapidfire.

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's Detroit 2016. That's just after concert music playing over the PA. I can't begin to remember exactly what it was, but it wouldn't have been Rapidfire.

I just thought it sounded a lot like Axl and the riff has a Wilthered  Delilah feel to it 

when they start showing all the gigs over the world 

ty man 

40 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

Rapidfire ? 

Who put that video together? I can see myself in some of the shots- what a thrill! 

1 hour ago, TMAC20 said:

Rapidfire ? 

It's a fake leak from years ago.

I found it under the name blue rose on YT years back, I probably have it backed up somewhere. It had a watermark on it that repeated "AVS MEDIA DEMO" or something like that.

not gnr

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Jesus. 

How big of an asshole do you have to be to waste your time scrubbing this site for videos to get removed on behalf of your fictional relationship with the band? 

Luckily, I have that entire solo on DVD along with an even better one on blu-ray from the same tour. 

He admitted it to me as well. I straight up asked him once what he did for TB . He said that "I check the internet for copyright claims" He straight up told me

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I posted this on the social media thread, but figured it could also be something about rumors...

New toy trucks ready for launch? :o

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

New toy trucks ready for launch? :o

Gnr air flys through the smoke ✈

3 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I posted this on the social media thread, but figured it could also be something about rumors...

great. Slash is smoking again.  lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Gnr air flys through the smoke ✈

I had completely forgot about "GNAir"... looks like those aviators are still "coming soon": https://store.flygnair.com/

• Haha 1