[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

There's no way to talk about this without being being a bit condescending to an older fan who doesn't like the later days of a band... But, it is definitely true that a lot of older fans do not want to hear their favourite bands change and try new things. Historically it has almost always been met with hostility, unless the artist in question was expressly known for always changing their look and sound!

Ah look, here's how I look at it. It doesn't impact my enjoyment of those songs one bit! It's a little annoying to read the same thing on each thread, but I can ignore it or I can engage it and share my opinion. I'm perfectly ok, with anyone not liking or liking different things to me.

Im old. Well, older. I definitely wanna see them do different shit. Actually, in all honesty, if they did anything with regards to new shit id be fine with whatever it is

4 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Nearly forget/repressed all memory of the whole 'GNRair' nonsense.

Thanks for reminding me...

I can't comprehend how such a vital band is becoming a busted-ass KISS... makes those Slash digs at Paul Stanley ring a little hollow (even though I doubt he would book a flight on GNAir of his own volition). 

I think at this point I'm just hoping Dexter will come back and call us all bitch boi's one more time before I clock out permanently. 

Edited by Ant

On 13/08/2019 at 10:12 PM, ll_tj1 said:

Im old. Well, older. I definitely wanna see them do different shit. Actually, in all honesty, if they did anything with regards to new shit id be fine with whatever it is

I know that there's always some that will like it, I was more talking about the majority rather than the 1 in 10.

On 8/13/2019 at 3:33 PM, Tom2112 said:

I actually haven't heard much, I get worried by suggestions because some people here say silkworms is a masterpiece 😄 is there any song in particular worth a look?

Cure Me Or Kill Me (w/ Slash), Tijuana Jail (w/Slash and Matt), Skin & Bones, Dead Flowers (w/ Axl) and Hunting Dogs are probably the standout tracks. I wouldn't say it is a masterpiece but was a solid album at the time and some of the songs still stand up well today.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Cure Me Or Kill Me (w/ Slash), Tijuana Jail (w/Slash and Matt), Skin & Bones, Dead Flowers (w/ Axl) and Hunting Dogs are probably the standout tracks. I wouldn't say it is a masterpiece but was a solid album at the time and some of the songs still stand up well today.

Wait Matt is on Tijuana Jail?

11 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Great songs!! This is my favorite GNR member solo album. 

• Like 2

On 08. 08. 2019. at 7:31 PM, Tom2112 said:

I'm not sure why you think Duff is suddenly so unreliable. All the years he was away from Guns, he was viewed as a straight arrow, now that he's back behind enemy lines he's the devil. It's nonsense. I'm confident that there was shenanigans, but Izzy is definitely capable of shenanigans just like anyone else. Unless you believe he's some sort of saint. And yes, Duff has been tight lipped in interviews about Guns, but that doesn't count as the smoke and mirrors that you're putting on him and the rest of the band.

As for your stage presence bit, Fortus most certainly has stage presence just like Izzy has. Izzy can just stand there and he has presence, Richards presence is all about moving about the stage and beating the hell out of his guitar. I know that there was a lot of people watching Richard at the shows, and remarking how great he was. There are many, many more people who have positve things to say about the world class guitar player Richard Fortus, than saying bad things. I think that speaks volumes. Also, there was lots of people who had great things to say about him even before the reunion. You simply blame Richard for Izzy not being there... when the guy has absolutely no power in that decision. If Richard walked and said Izzy should be here, they would have just hired some other guitar player and Izzy would still not have been there and Richard would have needlessly given up his amazing spot in a huge reunion.

uhhuh!? uhm...NO! I am really, really sorry but NO! 

Richard Fortus has 0 stage presence or charisma.  I am glad you met him and Frank and they came out as great guys, but I meet 30 people every day that are great but that doesn't make them elegable to play in Guns N Roses.

Richard Fortus, no offense, looks like a character who escaped from Angry Birds.  

He is a hired hand and as such you can not compare him to Iz/Gilb/Matt/Adler, who were band members.   Those guys were totally other league from Fortus and Frank.

Don't need to go back through history, just check out some of the last shows of the UYI line up, Buenos Aires 16/7/93, 17/7/93, Saskatoon '93...You think in their best dream Frank and Fortus could pull that off?  LOL!

The only reason Fortus and Frank are there cause Fortus is probably even cheaper to have than Gilby.

Gilby probably had even more charisma than Iz.

I had probably never seen guys with less stage presence or charisma than F & F in any band that made it through.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Ya know what grinds my gears? When people on here call Izzy “Iz”, as if you’re in the band, or he’s your buddy in real life and you’re shooting texts to each other, and you have him listed as “Iz” in your phone contacts.... 

Same (possibly even worse) with people calling Madagascar MADDY.

Seriously guys.  The general musings thread.  Or create one called " who was as member and who was a hired hand? " for God's sake.  

Here let me try.. just over a month until the first show.  I personally doubt there will be a new song or talk of a new album at the show but it would be cool if there was. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1