[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There is an online "book" in progress. I don't know when it's finished, though :)

http://www.a-4-d.com/t3987-history-index

http://www.a-4-d.com/t3967-the-history-of-guns-n-roses-in-their-own-words

and a huge database of articles and interviews from 1985-today that is updated daily (but only articles up to 1994 have been indexed so far):

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2861-interview-and-article-index

:drool:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Azifwekare said:

Stop going off topic. Every thread becomes a "we want Izzy/Matt/Gilby" argument. It's the rules.

I created a new thread with hopes the discussion will get redirected there so we can start discussing the likelihood of a new album here again. 

I'll believe it when I see / hear it.

But... some people won't like what I'll write next...

Hearing those Atlas en Hard School fragments did make me think... also about Chinese Democracy, that Axl Rose just should have released an Axl solo album. A further departure from the original Guns N Roses sound just feels weird. It's not what I'd really want... but very likely what's going to happen. Even with Slash and Duff on board.

Axl would have been free to really explore his vision and we would have probably gotten a lot more music from him as a solo artist. And I do like certain songs like IRS and Madagascar. So there are probably more unheard / new songs I would like (Hard School sounds interesting).

It just doesn't feel like Guns N Roses to me. Maybe too much time has passed. I don't know. Bringing back Slash and Duff actually made it more obvious (that they are playing Axl's songs). And yes, to a certain degree this was always true (November Rain, Estranged). But yeah, it just seems weirder now.

For some reason I just don't believe Slash and Duff will write a lot of new songs for the next GNR album... I hope they do, but I'm afraid they'll take the easier route and just rerecord parts of existing Axl songs.

Let's hope I'm not right :-)

Since Slash has always been a productive musician, and I don’t think he’d want to spend next years playing a different band’s songs just with his guitar additions, without having created most of them from the scratch, there’s no way the new album will be just CD II with Slash and Duff. I’m sure there will be CD II songs, but it definitely needs to be a mixture. 90s stuff, CD II, new stuff. No problem. No black or white. 

There's no reason for Slash to be in the band if he only was to be taken as a trademark. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Since Slash has always been a productive musician, and I don’t think he’d want to spend next years playing a different band’s songs just with his guitar additions, without having created most of them from the scratch, there’s no way the new album will be just CD II with Slash and Duff. I’m sure there will be CD II songs, but it definitely needs to be a mixture. 90s stuff, CD II, new stuff. No problem. No black or white. 

There's no reason for Slash to be in the band if he only was to be taken as a trademark. 

CD has such a unique production style. I wonder if they would be able to take songs from different eras and make them sound like one cohesive album? Would they have to give all tracks 'the cd treatment?' Or would CD tracks get a bit stripped down? I guess Mel(issa Reese) can just round it all out with some sub bass. Id be interested to hear how it works.

28 minutes ago, soon said:

CD has such a unique production style. I wonder if they would be able to take songs from different eras and make them sound like one cohesive album? Would they have to give all tracks 'the cd treatment?' Or would CD tracks get a bit stripped down? I guess Mel(issa Reese) can just round it all out with some sub bass. Id be interested to hear how it works.

I say no need for the CD treatment - when they get down to it, they can just take the basic melody lines plus the lyrics and revamp it completely. I'd bet this way we sometimes might not even be able to figure the given tune was originally from the CD era. 

1 hour ago, Lethalis said:

I'll believe it when I see / hear it.

But... some people won't like what I'll write next...

Hearing those Atlas en Hard School fragments did make me think... also about Chinese Democracy, that Axl Rose just should have released an Axl solo album. A further departure from the original Guns N Roses sound just feels weird. It's not what I'd really want... but very likely what's going to happen. Even with Slash and Duff on board.

Axl would have been free to really explore his vision and we would have probably gotten a lot more music from him as a solo artist. And I do like certain songs like IRS and Madagascar. So there are probably more unheard / new songs I would like (Hard School sounds interesting).

It just doesn't feel like Guns N Roses to me. Maybe too much time has passed. I don't know. Bringing back Slash and Duff actually made it more obvious (that they are playing Axl's songs). And yes, to a certain degree this was always true (November Rain, Estranged). But yeah, it just seems weirder now.

For some reason I just don't believe Slash and Duff will write a lot of new songs for the next GNR album... I hope they do, but I'm afraid they'll take the easier route and just rerecord parts of existing Axl songs.

Let's hope I'm not right :-)

Agree with this. It would have probably not hindered him in releasing more music under his name and maybe givenn him the confidence in  doing music soundtracks which he expressed interest in doing freely without under the name "guns n roses". Releasing under the name "guns n roses" has made it feel like a weight on his shoulders in terms of fan expectation.

Edited by Sydney Fan

18 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I say no need for the CD treatment - when they get down to it, they can just take the basic melody lines plus the lyrics and revamp it completely. I'd bet this way we sometimes might not even be able to figure the given tune was originally from the CD era. 

Well said. Keep Brains drums too and I'm on board. 

My dad, who is schizophrenic (but he's good people), told me that the new album will come out March 21, 2020.

He also told me that he was a secret agent in WW 2, even though he was born after the war, so I wouldn't take him too seriously, but just saying...

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

My dad, who is schizophrenic (but he's good people), told me that the new album will come out March 21, 2020.

He also told me that he was a secret agent in WW 2, even though he was born after the war, so I wouldn't take him too seriously, but just saying...

But wait, that would make sense! Axl once specified a March tentative day, didn’t he? 
Granted it was March 2007...
But we still have some Marches left till all the glaciers melt, so no stress...

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

more legit than 4tus

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I was going to update the title of the topic to read New GN'R Album March 21, 2020 **CONFIRMED** just as a joke but then decided not to piss the entire GN'R community off just because I'm in a goofy mood this morning. :lol:

Do it. Just for a couple of hours. It'd be hilarious.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I was going to update the title of the topic to read New GN'R Album March 21, 2020 **CONFIRMED** just as a joke but then decided not to piss the entire GN'R community off just because I'm in a goofy mood this morning. :lol:

Do it!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Do it. It will break AltNation.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, jamillos said:

I don't know, the songs are really different from the AFD/UYI era in its barebones. I was playing Atlas in my guitar and it's really weird how it's basically a G (with an odd guitar fill to F) then F# then D. And that's just 1 min of the song. I don't recall much of the old songs sounding like that. 

Edited by Voodoochild
Not sure why it was double posted.
  • Haha 1