[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

anyone who says its just gonna be straight rock is mistaken its gonna be a evolution from CD as CD was from UYI and UYI was from AFD 

GNR is not ACDC or the stones they need to evolve they cant be doing the same thing over and over but ACDC is damn good at it  and definitly are the masters ast taking something thats already been done and finding new and exciting ways to make it there own

GNR needs to be a band that evolves musically

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

anyone who says its just gonna be straight rock is mistaken its gonna be a evolution from CD as CD was from UYI and UYI was from AFD 

GNR is not ACDC or the stones they need to evolve they cant be doing the same thing over and over but ACDC is damn good at it  and definitly are the masters ast taking something thats already been done and finding new and exciting ways to make it there own

GNR needs to be a band that evolves musically

imo u can still evolve and put out a straight up hard rock album at the same time. there will be ballads and there will be rockers but i dont expect anything experimental... like i said above, two or three weird ass songs that some hardcores will love

Edited by Hollywood Gunner

5 hours ago, papashaun said:

I'll just add my take.....When the "Not In This Lifetime" reunion first happened a few years ago, I was eager for the band to begin working on a new album. But, after taking time to view everything, I really don't think a new musical release is necessary at all.

Why?

Just look at pop cultural musical history, even taking rock music specifically. I really can't recall an album release by an established band in their "latter" years that's a stand out, go to, or album even listened to more than a couple of times. For Instance, I'm sure if someone pulls a Metallica album to listen to, "Hard Wired to Self Destruct" isn't going to be the first choice that comes to mind. Aerosmith, do you really pull up "Just Push Play" or "Music From Another Dimension" to listen through that often? Motley Crue's "Saints of Los Angeles" anybody still have that on rotation regularly? Even, The Eagles....a lot of people don't even realize they released an album of new material in 2007 (Long Road Out of Eden). Van Halen..."A Different Kind of Truth" in 2012, don't actually think I've heard a single note off that one in all honesty. Anything stand out to you from The Rolling Stones?

My point is....sometimes it's best to let things be. The majority of the time, we have high hopes for something new from an artist, but end up disappointed in the end. I think it is because most established acts are past their creative peaks, and have settled into an easier lifestyle later in life, after being successful. 

I know there is a buzz right now for a new Tool release in the next week or so. I know there was a single released, but I've really just heard a small portion of it. Looking into things, the band hasn't released anything in 13 years, and have moved into their late 40s-early 50s, but a lot of die hard fans want new music. There's only 7 songs on the main track listing, and the album is put at over 80 minutes in length. For 13 years, and only 7 songs, I can already guess, day of release you'll hear some of the same die hard fans criticizing as to how this is the band's weakest release, or biggest disappointment, and it could not be that bad at all...but too high of hopes will be placed on it just from the gap between albums.

I fear the same thing would happen with GnR. Myself, since it isn't the original AFD lineup, or even Gilby or Sorrum in the mix for that matter, just let things be as they are. If nothing new is ever added to the band's catalog, I'm fine with the great material that we already have. 

I agree with you for the most part, however if we get a new album from gnr, it’s gonna contain lyrics and vocals that Axl wrote/recorded 15-20 years ago. (Please don’t ask how I know, anyone with a shred of sense knows Axl isn’t hiding out writing new lyrics and recording new vocals while trashing everything he’s previously worked on). Now if the band were writing and recording a whole new record from scratch instead of building off of lyrics and melodies Axl wrote during the “Chinese” period? It would likely be a disappointment, and I don’t understand for the life of me why anyone is clamoring for that...

12 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

I agree with you for the most part, however if we get a new album from gnr, it’s gonna contain lyrics and vocals that Axl wrote/recorded 15-20 years ago. (Please don’t ask how I know, anyone with a shred of sense knows Axl isn’t hiding out writing new lyrics and recording new vocals while trashing everything he’s previously worked on). Now if the band were writing and recording a whole new record from scratch instead of building off of lyrics and melodies Axl wrote during the “Chinese” period? It would likely be a disappointment, and I don’t understand for the life of me why anyone is clamoring for that...

It actually can – and I’m sure it will – contain both, i.e. old stuff from whatever era plus new stuff. Axl himself said in the 2016 China Exchange interview that he’d been working on stuff and the other guys liked it. This is no either/or situation. 

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

You're missing out on some GREAT music by choosing not to listen to later material by bands. 

You really haven't heard A Different King Of Truth by Halen? I've been enjoying that album for 7 years. It's a GREAT Van Halen album. 

The Stones have a single called Doom & Gloom that kicks ten kinds of us. Also, their Lonesome & Blue album was great. 

I could go on and on. There's tons of great music from artists in their later stages of their careers. 

Both those examples are spot on! I do agree with papashaun, though, that there is a lot of regrettable late career rock music. I'm pretty skeptical of any new Guns album.

A Different Kind of Truth used material left over from the 80's and Blue and Lonesome features classic songs the Stones cut their teeth on and never recorded. 

It seems like a lot of bands can get more technically proficient (or at least maintain their chops) but lose touch with their ability to write. All the more reason to dig up the stuff from the 90's writing sessions, if it exists in any form (which I highly doubt). 

Edited by Ant

4 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

at the end of the day i dont think even gnr can fuck this up

:lol:

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

You're missing out on some GREAT music by choosing not to listen to later material by bands. 

You really haven't heard A Different King Of Truth by Halen? I've been enjoying that album for 7 years. It's a GREAT Van Halen album. 

The Stones have a single called Doom & Gloom that kicks ten kinds of us. Also, their Lonesome & Blue album was great. 

I could go on and on. There's tons of great music from artists in their later stages of their careers. 

I agree, love those 2 records and Doom & Gloom is a great song.

Back when I first joined this forum in 2013, my first ever post was a thread where I purposed the theory that the Vegas DVD could include a bonus disc of a handful of new studio songs... that didn’t end up happening, but whatever.

fast forward to present day, and I’m thinking again that this is what they’ll do. NITL CD/dvd with a handful of studio bonus tracks.

Good rock music has a sexuality and physicality that people lose touch with as they age. 

I think metal is actually more forgiving for older musicians from a look and feel prospective. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ant said:

Good rock music has a sexuality and physicality that people lose touch with as they age. 

That's all pretentious twaddle.

Good music is good music. It's just fucking chords and singing and songwriting. It's either executed well or not. Age has nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

band was younger too... but forget gnr, i dont think any band nowadays can create any one album with as many classics on it... wttj and pc on afd, nr and dc on uyi1, estranged and ycbm on uyi2... pretty fuckin hard to beat... and im leaving out many others but i just cant see anyone ever putting together 2 songs of that caliber on one record but thats just me

There was a time, Better, Street of dreams, Chinese Democracy, Prostitute, This I love. :) 

But in terms of popularity, no!

8 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Aerosmith released Pump and Get A Grip almost 20 years into their career and they are 2 of their best and most successfull albums. I wouldn't put it behind GNR to release something close to that in greatness, they're pretty much the same genre too. Depends on what direction Axl will steer the music and if it will be a mess, largely anyways IMO.

Wouldn't call Get A Grip great record. Pump-Yeah, but not in Toys In The Attic class...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I really struggle to understand why people think that older vands shouldnt release any new music because it will not holdup against their older stuff.

Metallica like releasing new music because in their words, they still after all these years love the creative process. And this stage in their careers they have nothing to prove. Just 4 guys getting together to release new music they can be proud of and tour. They arnt concerned about bettering their past or having a number 1 album. Maiden are exactly the same. 

Hell even slash still enjoys the music making process and touring. If anything gnr should feel relaxed that whatever they release they feel proud about abd feel a certain excitement of making people wanting to hear it. I think they probably feel at ease that hopefully they dont have to better their earlier work because with AFD they never will. Most bands love the creative process of making albums, but for gnr its always been an issue.

It would make sense for the band to release an ep to test the waters but i think axl is an all or nothing person, that is full album.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I really struggle to understand why people think that older vands shouldnt release any new music because it will not holdup against their older stuff.

Metallica like releasing new music because in their words, they still after all these years love the creative process. And this stage in their careers they have nothing to prove. Just 4 guys getting together to release new music they can be proud of and tour. They arnt concerned about bettering their past or having a number 1 album. Maiden are exactly the same. 

Hell even slash still enjoys the music making process and touring. If anything gnr should feel relaxed that whatever they release they feel proud about abd feel a certain excitement of making people wanting to hear it. I think they probably feel at ease that hopefully they dont have to better their earlier work because with AFD they never will. Most bands love the creative process of making albums, but for gnr its always been an issue.

It would make sense for the band to release an ep to test the waters but i think axl is an all or nothing person, that is full album.

I don’t understand the idea of releasing an EP to “test the waters”.... what exactly is it that they need to test???

Just release a fuckin album already ...

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I don’t understand the idea of releasing an EP to “test the waters”.... what exactly is it that they need to test???

Maybe that they can last the distance of being able to work creatively together. Though i agree with your comment, to release an album already....weve waited long enough.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Perhaps to guage if there is even an interest in such a thing and whether its a worthwhile endeavour to attempt to add something to their cannon?  I mean Chi Dem had a modicum of success on curiosity alone, that was 10 years ago, is the same applicable now, in 2019, about Guns n Roses, would anyone really care if they released an album, is it even worth it?  I mean like, have you looked at album sales lately, for a band used to the good old days, one whoose passion for music is suspect but whoose passion for money is a given dead cert is it even a worthwhile enterprise? 

11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Perhaps to guage if there is even an interest in such a thing and whether its a worthwhile endeavour to attempt to add something to their cannon?  I mean Chi Dem had a modicum of success on curiosity alone, that was 10 years ago, is the same applicable now, in 2019, about Guns n Roses, would anyone really care if they released an album, is it even worth it?  I mean like, have you looked at album sales lately, for a band used to the good old days, one whoose passion for music is suspect but whoose passion for money is a given dead cert is it even a worthwhile enterprise? 

Yeah thats the thing to. The industry has changed the whole album sales and that the revenue $$$$ from album sales is less than what it used to be.....though i could be wrong. Gnr needs to increase its discography and hopefully the quality will be as good.

Or they could be like the beatles, abba and the stones and "repackage" and rereleas their albums.

Edited by Sydney Fan

25 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Yeah thats the thing to. The industry has changed the whole album sales and that the revenue $$$$ from album sales is less than what it used to be.....though i could be wrong. Gnr needs to increase its discography and hopefully the quality will be as good.

Or they could be like the beatles, abba and the stones and "repackage" and rereleas their albums.

Yeah, all 3 of em :lol:  One of which they've already done.

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

That's all pretentious twaddle.

Good music is good music. It's just fucking chords and singing and songwriting. It's either executed well or not. Age has nothing to do with it.

I don't agree, especially with music thats marketed as youth music, as things like GnR were.  Its not that these things, these stereotypes are un-escapable, its just you have to work your way out of them.  And work ain't GnRs strong point :lol:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

They know how it’ll go. It’ll chart high and sell well in the first week, have a big sales drop week two and be forgotten about commercially speaking within six weeks. Same as every other veteran band/artist who releases new music. It’s for the established fanbase at this point, I don’t think anyone’s expecting hit singles and radio play anymore.

23 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't agree, especially with music thats marketed as youth music, as things like GnR were.  Its not that these things, these stereotypes are un-escapable, its just you have to work your way out of them.  And work ain't GnRs strong point :lol:

I don’t think any of the GNR fans who became turned on to the band through CD did so because of the raw sexual magnetism of Axl’s pot belly and the pin-up status of Buckethead and Tommy Stinson.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Towelie said:

They know how it’ll go. It’ll chart high and sell well in the first week, have a big sales drop week two and be forgotten about commercially speaking within six weeks. Same as every other veteran band/artist who releases new music. It’s for the established fanbase at this point, I don’t think anyone’s expecting hit singles and radio play anymore.

Then, really, from a GnR perspective, is it worth it?  To just become like...common so to speak?

20 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I don’t think any of the GNR fans who became turned on to the band through CD did so because of the raw sexual magnetism of Axl’s pot belly and the pin-up status of Buckethead and Tommy Stinson.

With the flipside of that being that, substantially speaking, no-fuckin'-body was turned onto GnR through CD :lol:  Like 1% of the audience maybe, the vast majority, the vaaaaast fuckin' majority weren't goin' out buying tickets cuz of fuckin' CD and Chris Pittman and them :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

If you zoom in really close on the reflection in the amp, you can see the back's of Axl and Slash.  In between them (and you have to look really closely) is a sheet of paper being held up with what looks like song lyrics.

Is that Izzy's hand holding it up for them?

Edited by Ace Spade
  • Haha 3