Jump to content
betterman

[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

Recommended Posts

Quote

Maybe they do want to release another album while knowing it won't be as good as the classics cause they believe it will still not detract from the catalog. Maybe they think it'll still be a quality release and that will be enough of a reason to do it.

Yeah, it could be either of those things I suppose.

Quote

It's just you don't actually believe they can pull it off cause they're too old/not talented enough or don't have the integrity or will to do it.

Yeah, thats pretty close.

Quote

I agree that the stakes are higher, now that Slash n' Duff are back, I just feel like they do have the balls to go for it and the talent to at least make an album that will musically reflect where the band is at right now. Just like Chinese did for a lot of hardcore fans. There is a lot of material to work with according to all 3 of them and sometimes it's easy to forget how helpful it is to have that kind of musical chemistry. Even without Izzy there is still musical ability here that could allow them to get it right.

There is more than enough talent there to put together a good album, depending on what they choose to do with their shit.  And who knows what goes on behind the scenes, they might be jamming together, putting together all kinds of good shit with a real intention to put out a quality piece of work, I mean all this opinion stuff of mine, its just that, opinion, its not really worth shit, its just one far removed idiots ideas based on his interpretation of available information but honestly, I don't think they care.  We're none of us living inside Axl or Slashes head, all we can do is guesstimate based on whats out there/their behaviour and I don't see nothing in GnRs behaviour to make me think that they really care about making a new album.  I'm a 36 year old guy and I been aware of this band since, what, 92, 93...one album of original material has come out in that time.  That says it all.  And this reunion, when did this happen, was it 2015 or 16?  We're deep into 2019 now.  If these guys REALLY wanted to make new music, passionate, energized, well up for it, doing shit in the studio, getting the ball rolling don't you think they've had enough time for at least some kinda sign of something?  But instead, what do you have, you have a big money boxset of Appetite and....what else?  I know that Shadow of Your Love song had a little video out, there's been other shit I'm sure but I don't really follow em like that, point being the shit thats been put out is kinda maximising profit out of their back catalogue/legacy...these are not really good indicators that releasing new shit is top of the list of priority.

And hey, I don't hold it against em either nor am I particularly bothered about whether they release new shit.  It just does not look to be in the offing.  But hey, it'd be nice for them to prove me wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

And this reunion, when did this happen, was it 2015 or 16?  We're deep into 2019 now.  If these guys REALLY wanted to make new music, passionate, energized, well up for it, doing shit in the studio, getting the ball rolling don't you think they've had enough time for at least some kinda sign of something?  But instead, what do you have, you have a big money boxset of Appetite and....what else?  I know that Shadow of Your Love song had a little video out, there's been other shit I'm sure but I don't really follow em like that, point being the shit thats been put out is kinda maximising profit out of their back catalogue/legacy...these are not really good indicators that releasing new shit is top of the list of priority.

I see where you're coming from and I agree it doesn't look promising. I'll just add that yeah, the reunion became a reality in 2016 and we're deep into 2019. I think they'll tour some more in 2020. Thing is... taking financial advantage of the situation, the demand of the fans to go see a show with Axl n' Slash performing again on stage after 20 years plus Duff only really means they chose to first test the waters and see if they can do it and when it worked they didn't say no to half a billion.

So the top priority right now is making money and enjoying the ride (for all we know) but once they're done with the tour going into the studio and releasing new shit could become a top priority. It's just something I think is much harder for this band to do at this point when they can just do it later after they've made all the money they can possibly make before the crowds will start to dwindle.

No one knows what they're thinking, as you said, but Axl has said very recently they first need to finish the tour in order to do something else (going into the studio is what I think he meant) Slash said they're gonna do it, and Duff has also alluded to it.

 

Edited by Rovim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, moreblack said:

But how do we define "good"?

Axl releasing music = good

Axl not releasing music = bad

Pointing out music is subjective = objectively bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I see where you're coming from and I agree it doesn't look promising. I'll just add that yeah, the reunion became a reality in 2016 and we're deep into 2019. I think they'll tour some more in 2020. Thing is... taking financial advantage of the situation, the demand of the fans to go see a show with Axl n' Slash performing again on stage after 20 years plus Duff only really means they chose to first test the waters and see if they can do it and when it worked they didn't say no to half a billion.

So the top priority right now is making money and enjoying the ride (for all we know) but once they're done with the tour going into the studio and releasing new shit could become a top priority. It's just something I think is much harder for this band to do at this point when they can just do it later after they've made all the money they can possibly make before the crowds will start to dwindle.

No one knows what they're thinking, as you said, but Axl has said very recently they first need to finish the tour in order to do something else (going into the studio is what I think he meant) Slash said they're gonna do it, and Duff has also alluded to it.

 

The money aspect in and of itself tells you something.  These guys right, fuckin' hated each other, like PROPER didn't get on, remember them days?  Then suddenly Slash is divorcing the bird with the big tits and they're all back on the firm, mates again, for half a billion, come on man.  And I don't begrudge em that, fair play to em, make your money, from an audiences perspective this is what yous wanted right, the band back again, playing music, who gives a fuck for their motive, thats their look out, as long as they're fuckin' doin' it.  And if after a few gigs of watching em playing their greatest hits or whatever, if you ain't into it no more then don't go, they don't owe no one an album. 

If there was money in a new fuckin' album, guaranteed fuckin' spondoola for the lot of em you'd see an album faster than a bishop leaving a brothel raid.  Its the same with The Stone Roses, them lot hated each other, 'I HAVE NO INTEREST IN DESICRATING THE GRAVE OF THE STONE ROSES' or whatever that thing was that Squire said, remember that?  Then suddenly Brownies getting divorced and they're all mates again, lots of promises of new album but fuck all came of it expect a song or two.  Now I'm pretty sure they're defunct again.  Its predictable as fuck.  Not that I care, I don't think they should release new music...plus I got to see The Stone Roses in Heaton Park. 

Edited by Len Cnut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are all wasting your time discussing this as lazy ginger will never ever release music again. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Axl, Slash, and Duff knows  that they have unfinished business. I don't think they want the Spaghetti Incident  to be known as the last album that the three of them made. I'm a firm believer we will see at least one album by them for at least closure to GNR.  It would be great to see more than one but for closure it'll definitely be one more album. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

 

If they was money in a new fuckin' album, guaranteed fuckin' spondoola for the lot of em you'd see an album faster than a bishop leaving a brothel raid.  Its the same with The Stone Roses, them lot hated each other, 'I HAVE NO INTEREST IN DESICRATING THE GRAVE OF THE STONE ROSES' or whatever that thing was that Squire said, remember that?  Then suddenly Brownies getting divorced and they're all mates again, lots of promises of new album but fuck all came of it expect a song or two.  Now I'm pretty sure they're defunct again.  Its predictable as fuck.

I do remember that, yeah. But this is where I completely disagree. There was money in it 20 years ago and Axl still tinkered away and delayed it again and again. And even with Slash n' Duff, if there was money in a new album I honestly don't believe it would have changed Axl's position as I see it which is if he doesn't think it's good, he's not going to release the shit. If true, that's a form of artistic integrity.

Axl is not The Stone Roses bro. Axl could have reunited with Slash when Robin left, when Bucket left, when Robin left again, etc and they would've still made a killing. Could have done so years ago just for the money. I'm saying maybe it's not just for the money. Isn't it possible Axl needed the time to forgive Slash? and it wasn't forgiving him to tour it was touring cause he forgave him. It's only predictable in the sense that most people chill a little and can compromise if you give them enough time, especially 2 decades of it.

But I think I get it. Even the word "reunion" in a musical context is kinda dirty and usually I'd agree with you but in Gn'R's case remember it was gradual. First Duff helped Axl out when Tommy was unavailable, they became friends again and then Bumble left and Axl needed a replacement. It happened more organically and Duff may have played the part of the mediator, successfully getting Axl to see it in a different perspective.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I do remember that, yeah. But this is where I completely disagree. There was money in it 20 years ago and Axl still tinkered away and delayed it again and again. And even with Slash n' Duff, if there was money in a new album I honestly don't believe it would have changed Axl's position as I see it which is if he doesn't think it's good, he's not going to release the shit. If true, that's a form of artistic integrity.

Axl is not The Stone Roses bro. Axl could have reunited with Slash when Robin left, when Bucket left, when Robin left again, etc and they would've still made a killing. Could have done so years ago just for the money. I'm saying maybe it's not just for the money. Isn't it possible Axl needed the time to forgive Slash? and it wasn't forgiving him to tour it was touring cause he forgave him. It's only predictable in the sense that most people chill a little and can compromise if you give them enough time, especially 2 decades of it.

But I think I get it. Even the word "reunion" in a musical context is kinda dirty and usually I'd agree with you but in Gn'R's case remember it was gradual. First Duff helped Axl out when Tommy was unavailable, they became friends again and then Bumble left and Axl needed a replacement. It happened more organically and Duff may have played the part of the mediator, successfully getting Axl to see it in a different perspective.

 

 

Perhaps you’re right man, perhaps I’m just cynical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Perhaps you’re right man, perhaps I’m just cynical.

I'm just fuckin' with you. This band is a joke. A nostalgia act. Daisy is correct. Axl will never release another album ever again.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I'm just fuckin' with you. This band is a joke. A nostalgia act. Daisy is correct. Axl will never release another album ever again.

I made a screanshoot of your post and will show u again in some month? Are u the 99.99 % of the people who thought that Axl and Slash will never play again together ?????

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

I made a screanshoot of your post and will show u again in some month? Are u the 99.99 % of the people who thought that Axl and Slash will never play again together ?????

he probably was.  Its "fans" like him who will complain as soon as the album drops too.  "wah, it doesn't sound like 1986, wah where is Izzy, wah, wah wah"  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

I made a screanshoot of your post and will show u again in some month? Are u the 99.99 % of the people who thought that Axl and Slash will never play again together ?????

Ha! Good one. I was one of those people who used to make fun of those fans who believed that Axl and Slash would ever play together again. I used to called them naive. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

I made a screanshoot of your post and will show u again in some month? Are u the 99.99 % of the people who thought that Axl and Slash will never play again together ?????

It was just a silly joke. I still hope a new Gn'R album will be released. I believe in Axl and the holy band.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24.8.2019 at 2:36 PM, DieselDaisy said:

You are all wasting your time discussing this as lazy ginger will never ever release music again. 

he will. after his death.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am probably more cynical than most here, but I have no doubt that Axl will release new music sooner or later. It took ages for CD to come out, but it did. It took ages for Slash and Duff to rejoin, but they did. Plus, the fact there is apparently so much music recorded, why wouldn't it come out at one point, especially now considering the band is more active than ever.

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EvanG said:

I am probably more cynical than most here, but I have no doubt that Axl will release new music sooner or later. It took ages for CD to come out, but it did. It took ages for Slash and Duff to rejoin, but they did. Plus, the fact there is apparently so much music recorded, why wouldn't it come out at one point, especially now considering the band is more active than ever.

I also think the fact that they are being so incredibly aggressive with these leaks means that they still have plans for at least some of this material. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was listening to Sirius XM channel Classic Rewind this afternoon and the DJ lady said before playing WTTJ that she heard a rumor GNR will release an EP rather than a whole album. She didn’t mention any timeframe and also said it’s only a rumor, so who knows. I wonder what the reaction around here would be if they actually did an EP instead of full LP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MidnightToker said:

I was listening to Sirius XM channel Classic Rewind this afternoon and the DJ lady said before playing WTTJ that she heard a rumor GNR will release an EP rather than a whole album. She didn’t mention any timeframe and also said it’s only a rumor, so who knows. I wonder what the reaction around here would be if they actually did an EP instead of full LP. 

Providing they use it as a stepping stone towards working on an LP, then that would be fine. Fans need something to tie them over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO an EP would be a bit of a let down compared to a full album but if it tides us over for an album of new material then I’ll take what we can get just now. Tbh an EP would probably fit in with the way the band works nowadays 

Fans want a reunion - we end up with half a reunion 

Fans want new songs - we’ll  end up with up with half worked CD era songs. 

Fans want a full album - we’ll end up with half an album 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/08/2019 at 1:55 PM, Len Cnut said:

There is more than enough talent there to put together a good album, depending on what they choose to do with their shit.

Like getting it together?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gold top 78 said:

IMO an EP would be a bit of a let down compared to a full album but if it tides us over for an album of new material then I’ll take what we can get just now. Tbh an EP would probably fit in with the way the band works nowadays 

Fans want a reunion - we end up with half a reunion 

Fans want new songs - we’ll  end up with up with half worked CD era songs. 

Fans want a full album - we’ll end up with half an album 

 

Who knows if a new album would be any good.  An EP of their best songs would be better than a lengthy album of mehhhh songs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

I was listening to Sirius XM channel Classic Rewind this afternoon and the DJ lady said before playing WTTJ that she heard a rumor GNR will release an EP rather than a whole album. She didn’t mention any timeframe and also said it’s only a rumor, so who knows. I wonder what the reaction around here would be if they actually did an EP instead of full LP. 

She's the second person to mention the EP rumor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

I was listening to Sirius XM channel Classic Rewind this afternoon and the DJ lady said before playing WTTJ that she heard a rumor GNR will release an EP rather than a whole album. She didn’t mention any timeframe and also said it’s only a rumor, so who knows. I wonder what the reaction around here would be if they actually did an EP instead of full LP. 

I wouldn’t put too much stock in it if she said she just “heard a rumor.” She probably just googled GnR and found that bullshit article from alternative nation that took my own speculation on this forum and purposefully put it out of context just to make a headline out of it.

the guy from planetrock U.K. said it like he had heard about it from the inside, tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×