betterman

[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

56 minutes ago, Slave to the Dave said:

You apparently have no understanding of what the word pretentious actually means buddy.  That prior post in no way, shape or form meets the definition of pretentious.

All reasonable points and just one persons opinion.....unsure why the need to respond in such a rude  (and ignorant) manner.

Acting like you're somehow above other fans is pretty pretentious. Which is what that post was all about, IMO. The user seemed to feel the need to remind us all how much more educated they were on music. They were probably oretty embarrassed when a bunch of users argued all of their points though. 

If @ZoSoRoseis guilty of anything, it's that he's late to the party in pointing out what a ridiculous post that was seeing as a bunch of others already did it. 

• Like 3

In the end of the day. We are hoping for music written late 90s to early 00s. That sucks. 

These goofs should just release their old CD stuff and write a new fukn album together.  Money is coming from the tour anyway so at least keep the hardcore fan base happy. And fuck, go get that 2 weeks of radio play. Better than only classic rock stations. You never know the one random song that just might grab mainstream attention.

• Like 1

It takes like two months for a new release to be manufactured and shipped to record stores, right? So if we don’t hear official news about this by the end of this month, then it’s not happening this year, or this decade for that matter (unless you count Locked N’ Loaded from last year).

I guess there’s also the option that the band wants to pull a Beyoncé and drop something by surprise online any day before the end of the year (with the physical release to then follow sometime early next year). That doesn’t seem like something GnR would wanna do, tho.

26 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

It takes like two months for a new release to be manufactured and shipped to record stores, right? So if we don’t hear official news about this by the end of this month, then it’s not happening this year, or this decade for that matter (unless you count Locked N’ Loaded from last year).

I guess there’s also the option that the band wants to pull a Beyoncé and drop something by surprise online any day before the end of the year (with the physical release to then follow sometime early next year). That doesn’t seem like something GnR would wanna do, tho.

Personally, I think that IF we're going to get any sort of release, they will do the Beyonce thing with a surprise streaming release, followed by a physical version later. 

I remain (unfortunately) convinced that absolutely nothing new is coming from GNR this year, but IF something comes, I assume that's how it'll happen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I've mentioned this before that I think this is what will happen. This will prevent leaks. Also, the expectations of a GNR album with Axl and Slash are quite high.  By dropping a surprise album or songs online would alleviate those expectations a bit. Additionally everything is online anyway. 

Edited by Draguns

20 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I've mentioned this before that I think this is what will happen. This will prevent leaks. Also, the expectations of a GNR album with Axl and Slash are quite high.  By dropping a surprise album or songs online would alleviate those expectations a bit. Additionally everything is online anyway. 

I hope you’re right. I really do. But I’ve been conditioned for disappointment, at this point.

21 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

NGL this "EP" being discussed sounds like absolute shit .... We've been waiting 11 years for something new .... 2 20 year old songs 1 30 year old song 1 cover of an even older song and 2 live performances of AFD? GIVE ME A BREAK - If Axl can't figure out how to release a full-length album with two of his original bandmates back then just hang up the coat & spare us any more agony 

As far as I'm aware the only 'rumour' of an EP comes from a DJ on a rock radio station saying he's heard a rumour that they may release something; a comment he probably made totally off the cuff after playing GNR and wanting to say something...and the 'I hear they may release something new' comment is probably the standard thing for someone to say about GNR now. 

Please correct me if there's any other 'rumour' of an EP other than speculation on forums, as I'm unaware of it......

13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

As far as I'm aware the only 'rumour' of an EP comes from a DJ on a rock radio station saying he's heard a rumour that they may release something; a comment he probably made totally off the cuff after playing GNR and wanting to say something...and the 'I hear they may release something new' comment is probably the standard thing for someone to say about GNR now. 

Please correct me if there's any other 'rumour' of an EP other than speculation on forums, as I'm unaware of it......

Yeah you’re right. There’s no other source for the EP rumor other than the off-the-cuff comment from the radio DJ.

At least one new song by the end of this year will probably happen tho. Gotta do something for that new pinball machine, after all!

Better face it: we're not going to get an official release anytime soon. I believe Axl, Slash, and Duff are going to try but anyone who thinks they're gonna do it in 2020 or in 2021 is delusional or just ignorant with all due respect to ignorant people.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

Better face it: we're not going to get an official release anytime soon. I believe Axl, Slash, and Duff are going to try but anyone who thinks they're gonna do it in 2020 or in 2021 is delusional or just ignorant with all due respect to ignorant people.

You see album releases... are a bit like gravity...

All you need is a little... push

1 minute ago, Gnrfan2001 said:

You see album releases... are a bit like gravity...

All you need is a little... push

You see... not understanding something is a bit like not understanding anything. If we're talking realistically, there is just no way based on past approach that Axl is gonna release anything in the next two years. This is just my opinion, I don't really know anything.

Just saw the post of a rumor that read

GnR approached for song on T3 soundtrack 💥Rumour💥

A source who was working On Terminator dark fate has informed that 4 members of guns n roses went to a private viewing of a rough copy of the upcoming Arnold Schwarzenegger sequel movie to see if they want to put a song on the soundtrack.   Apparently, Slash was at axls house to record overdubs on a song for the rush release.  At this point the song name is unknown.  But yes 100% verified. Guns n roses  new music.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?pid=320334#p320334

definitely taking this one with a grain of salt

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Guns N Roses releasing an album sounds preposterous. Something that never happens will suddenly happen at some predetermined period of time? You should all know better than that by now......

• Like 1

On 22/08/2019 at 8:17 PM, papashaun said:

I'll just add my take.....When the "Not In This Lifetime" reunion first happened a few years ago, I was eager for the band to begin working on a new album. But, after taking time to view everything, I really don't think a new musical release is necessary at all.

Why?

Just look at pop cultural musical history, even taking rock music specifically. I really can't recall an album release by an established band in their "latter" years that's a stand out, go to, or album even listened to more than a couple of times. For Instance, I'm sure if someone pulls a Metallica album to listen to, "Hard Wired to Self Destruct" isn't going to be the first choice that comes to mind. Aerosmith, do you really pull up "Just Push Play" or "Music From Another Dimension" to listen through that often? Motley Crue's "Saints of Los Angeles" anybody still have that on rotation regularly? Even, The Eagles....a lot of people don't even realize they released an album of new material in 2007 (Long Road Out of Eden). Van Halen..."A Different Kind of Truth" in 2012, don't actually think I've heard a single note off that one in all honesty. Anything stand out to you from The Rolling Stones?

My point is....sometimes it's best to let things be. The majority of the time, we have high hopes for something new from an artist, but end up disappointed in the end. I think it is because most established acts are past their creative peaks, and have settled into an easier lifestyle later in life, after being successful. 

I know there is a buzz right now for a new Tool release in the next week or so. I know there was a single released, but I've really just heard a small portion of it. Looking into things, the band hasn't released anything in 13 years, and have moved into their late 40s-early 50s, but a lot of die hard fans want new music. There's only 7 songs on the main track listing, and the album is put at over 80 minutes in length. For 13 years, and only 7 songs, I can already guess, day of release you'll hear some of the same die hard fans criticizing as to how this is the band's weakest release, or biggest disappointment, and it could not be that bad at all...but too high of hopes will be placed on it just from the gap between albums.

I fear the same thing would happen with GnR. Myself, since it isn't the original AFD lineup, or even Gilby or Sorrum in the mix for that matter, just let things be as they are. If nothing new is ever added to the band's catalog, I'm fine with the great material that we already have. 

I hear your argument, but at the same time feel like it's so defeatist. It's like "everyone hates everything so what's the point". The point is the artist wants to release the material. 

Is it going to be good? Maybe? Maybe not! I'd personally rather them try and fail than to continue for the next 10yrs and just play their back catalogue. 

VH. You missed a very good album, had they not led with tattoo as the lead singles that record would have been much more  warmly received.

Hardwired, sure it's not their best album but it has some absolutely brilliant songs on it, and when you can play a new song and it stands head to head with your classic back catalogue that says a lot! I went to a few worldwired shows and the audience for the most part were all aware of the material and singing along. Personally, I reach for hardwired faster than the old material, even though I love the old stuff too... But it's old and this is still relatively fresh.

There are a lot of later day albums that have been great, writing bands off and being negative is nothing new. And yes, I guarantee you'll be right about the Tool album. However that is a sign of the times, rather than a commentary on how good the music is. The last time Tool released something was 2006, and people had to listen on CD, now it's simple to skip and stream. Before people had to sit with the record, the whole way through. I've already argued about the new album (and I'm not even a fan of Tool really) that you need to sit down and listen a few times because it is multi layered music.

Anyway, I disagree with you but you don't have to be on board for new music. 'tis all good!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I hear your argument, but at the same time feel like it's so defeatist. It's like "everyone hates everything so what's the point". The point is the artist wants to release the material. 

Is it going to be good? Maybe? Maybe not! I'd personally rather them try and fail than to continue for the next 10yrs and just play their back catalogue. 

VH. You missed a very good album, had they not led with tattoo as the lead singles that record would have been much more  warmly received.

Hardwired, sure it's not their best album but it has some absolutely brilliant songs on it, and when you can play a new song and it stands head to head with your classic back catalogue that says a lot! I went to a few worldwired shows and the audience for the most part were all aware of the material and singing along. Personally, I reach for hardwired faster than the old material, even though I love the old stuff too... But it's old and this is still relatively fresh.

There are a lot of later day albums that have been great, writing bands off and being negative is nothing new. And yes, I guarantee you'll be right about the Tool album. However that is a sign of the times, rather than a commentary on how good the music is. The last time Tool released something was 2006, and people had to listen on CD, now it's simple to skip and stream. Before people had to sit with the record, the whole way through. I've already argued about the new album (and I'm not even a fan of Tool really) that you need to sit down and listen a few times because it is multi layered music.

Anyway, I disagree with you but you don't have to be on board for new music. 'tis all good!

I agree, I would hope this defeatist, I don't want to hear any new music, point of view is a small minority. I mean c'mon, using this logic, no band with members over 35 would be releasing new music. What a sad world that would be.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

since everyone else is weighing in with their guesses, here is mine:

remastered GNR Lies with "one in a million" taken out and a "new" song to replace it.  my guess is "rocker" written by Hollywood Rose.  perhaps it will actually be a newer song, like Rock the Rock, Hardschool or an ode to Taco Bell (mostlikely).

if you buy the box set you get a pair of your own "ass-less chaps" Axl Rose style circa 1986.  

Fernando, you are welcome for the idea.  lol

but in all seriousness I hope they come out with a full album of new stuff.  I doubt it could live up to their past records, but I'd rather know for sure instead if playing the "what if" game for the rest of my life as it seems I will never move my fandom on to any other band

Edited by Chester 524

18 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

since everyone else is weighing in with their guesses, here is mine:

remastered GNR Lies with "one in a million" taken out and a "new" song to replace it.  my guess is "rocker" written by Hollywood Rose.  perhaps it will actually be a newer song, like Rock the Rock, Hardschool or an ode to Taco Bell (mostlikely).

if you buy the box set you get a pair of your own "ass-less chaps" Axl Rose style circa 1986.  

Fernando, you are welcome for the idea.  lol

but in all seriousness I hope they come out with a full album of new stuff.  I doubt it could live up to their past records, but I'd rather know for sure instead if playing the "what if" game for the rest of my life as it seems I will never move my fandom on to any other band

I’d be down for a Lies 2.0 of 8 or 9 songs, if an actual new album is out of the question.

• Like 1

A “certain” young drummer is rehearsing with Gnr at Mates - Probably a one off or just a jam session - 

Btw Frank is there 2 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

A “certain” young drummer is rehearsing with Gnr at Mates - Probably a one off or just a jam session - 

Btw Frank is there 2 

brain?

25 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

Btw Frank is there 2 

London boi

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

Btw Frank is there 2 

I doubt, Frank has a contract with the band until 2020 right? And a new drummer now? I know Frank is not so good but let the guy finishes his work with the guys

22 minutes ago, Ifdworld said:

brain?

Brain doesn't even really drum anymore, as far as I know. He mostly does producing/composing for games, movies, etc. He toured with Buckethead in 2017 and that was the only real drumming gig he's had for a while, I forget which interview it was but he said that he wasn't even sure if he'd do that tour, he hadn't played the songs in forever, didn't even have a practice kit set up anymore. And that sucks, because Brain is one of my favourite drummers, but I wouldn't expect to see him behind the kit again soon (with Guns or anyone else).

1 hour ago, TMAC20 said:

Btw Frank is there 2 

where this info come from?

• Like 1