[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

23 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Inded. Besides Hard School and Atlas, the other "new" songs with vocals that got leaked were pretty rough. But evidence of other songs being worked in the Bucket/Brain era and even after that indicate that Axl was still recording after 2000. 

Remember how there were lots of people here that, before the vault leaks, believed Axl ONLY HAD the songs in the official release left? I dont think is that unreasonable to consider that there were more songs in different level of production being thrown in the table. 

Yeah, I don't know why many people didn't believe that many more songs existed. I guess the simple reasoning was, "If Axl did have more material, why didn't he release it and he has released only one much delayed album? So it doesn't exist." But the existence of a lot of unreleased material was confirmed by quite a few sources. And even if Axl's and band members' statements didn't count, it was also stated by third party sources like Brian May, Beavan, Bach (taking into account his tendency to exaggerate) etc that wouldn't have any reasons to lie. 

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I don't know why many people didn't believe that many more songs existed. I guess the simple reasoning was, "If Axl did have more material, why didn't he release it and he has released only one much delayed album? So it doesn't exist." But the existence of a lot of unreleased material was confirmed by quite a few sources. And even if Axl's and band members' statements didn't count, it was also stated by third party sources like Brian May, Beavan, Bach (taking into account his tendency to exaggerate) etc that wouldn't have any reasons to lie. 

I agree. And well, we don't really know much of Axl's writing and recording process. After the record label stopped the funding in 2004/05 (I cant remember), the record sessions in a big studio were most likely held up unless necessary. But I'm sure Axl had the gear in his house to record any demo he wanted. And I'm not talking only about vocals. He could write a rough demo with basic riffs and chord progression on either piano or guitar, or even messing around with ProTools. 

And we should take into account that Axl wanted to release more than one album for a very long time. He didnt chose CD's tracklist because those were A-listed and the rest was just lesser stuff, I believe. The order of the relase IMO had a lot to do with themes and even the priority of the older songs.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

14 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Hearing a lot of the CD outtakes has left me craving to hear Axl lay down some original tracks with Slash and Duff. Don't get me wrong, I really love all the leaks, but it's time GNR did something relevant again, something that wasn't written two decades ago and something which sounds like Guns N Roses.

This. 

Plus with new original songs at least we know Axl would be capable of singing them live compared to vocals from 20 years ago where he might not be able to. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

According to Wikipedia tho he doesn’t even have writing credits for the song via ASCAP. Is the poor guy even getting the royalties he deserves for it?

We don't have to worry about what Fortus is getting. He's doing just fine I believe. Anyway, he wrote that part and he said he was involved with unreleased material as well.

25 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Hearing a lot of the CD outtakes has left me craving to hear Axl lay down some original tracks with Slash and Duff. Don't get me wrong, I really love all the leaks, but it's time GNR did something relevant again, something that wasn't written two decades ago and something which sounds like Guns N Roses.

The chemistry of Axl/Duff/Slash does yield unique results. If Axl doesn't stand in the way of a release it's probably going to be great and naturally going to sound more like classic Gn'R. But it doesn't take away from what the members of new Gn'R accomplished if you're a fan of their work which we are. S'all good.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 11:04 AM, Rovim said:

If the booklet is your source then I wouldn't trust it. We have Fortus on video specifically explaining which part he wrote while seeming very proud (as he should be) while playing that chorus riff. That part is the balls of the song and this is one of the main reasons why I think he's a good fit for this band with Slash. He can bring that element to the material which is crucial imo.

I remember this video, but couldn't find it. does anyone have it at hand?

Also I don't remember if it's on the same video that he discusses working on Slash era riffs and ideas.

These videos would be nice to rewatch, in hindsight!

On 9/23/2019 at 10:12 AM, rocknroll41 said:

According to Wikipedia tho he doesn’t even have writing credits for the song via ASCAP. Is the poor guy even getting the royalties he deserves for it?

Not down-playing the importance of writing royalties .. But Fortus has been making A LOT of money in the past 20 years with Guns ...

17 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Not down-playing the importance of writing royalties .. But Fortus has been making A LOT of money in the past 20 years with Guns ...

Well I hope so... because I see him as a full member of the band. He has been with Guns like forever.

Solid guitar player too without any drama's. The dude just smiles and does his work. I have a lot of respect for him.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 1

Just now, Lethalis said:

Well I hope so... because I see him as a full member of the band. He has been with Guns like forever.

I think I read it in Chinese Whispers, but weren't they being paid upwards of ~$20k/month for a year or two? I'm sure he's gotten compensation for being "in the band" during all of the off-years in between '02-'05

41 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

Solid guitar player too without any drama's. The dude just smiles and does his work. I have a lot of respect for him.

Yeah one of the things I didn’t like about BBF (despite being a fan of most of his music) was all the complaining he did. Fortus just seems happy to be along for the ride.

to be fair tho, they come from VERY different backgrounds. Fortus and Frank pretty much started out as backing musicians for the Psychedelic Furs guy for his Love Spit Love project, and as soon as that was over Fortus went on to become a session and/or touring guitarist for acts like NSync and Enrique Iglesias. He knows that role well, and seems into it.

BBF, on the other hand, started out as an “auteur” making his own records all on his own and doing his thing as a solo artist. It makes total sense why people like him and Bucket were never meant to last long in Guns.

They've got more chance of changing the setlist then putting a new album out. Or playing hard school. All three are not going to happen. Why do we do this to ourselves, ten years I've been coming here and nothing has changed. Thinking Rio 2011 would have new tracks debuted. A CD rereleased, a cd 2... The band working on new tracks after Vegas, bumble endlessly saying they were sharing ideas, Fortis saying the same. Fast forward a few years and it's just slash and duff saying the same thing. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

They've got more chance of changing the setlist then putting a new album out. Or playing hard school. All three are not going to happen. Why do we do this to ourselves, ten years I've been coming here and nothing has changed. Thinking Rio 2011 would have new tracks debuted. A CD rereleased, a cd 2... The band working on new tracks after Vegas, bumble endlessly saying they were sharing ideas, Fortis saying the same. Fast forward a few years and it's just slash and duff saying the same thing. 

I really didn't believe any of the stand ins.  I believe slash and duff though.  If they say they are, they are

Edited by fabrph5

48 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

are you the guy who said no wait Axl will sing shadow of your love ?

2 hours ago, Creed said:

According to Matt Sorum they recorded 400 hours of Songs/Riffs/Jams til the point he got fired.

I thought Sorum had stated in 1996 that they had 14 songs. 7 completed and 7 they were still  working on at the time. My theory is that Hard School is from the 94-96 session. 

3 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I thought Sorum had stated in 1996 that they had 14 songs. 7 completed and 7 they were still  working on at the time. My theory is that Hard School is from the 94-96 session. 

Could be. It’d be weird for them to completely record it with new Guns members a few years later when Axl mostly wanted to move on and write content but with Guns anything is possible.

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Could be. It’d be weird for them to completely record it with new Guns members a few years later when Axl mostly wanted to move on and write content but with Guns anything is possible.

It would be weird, but then again they did rerecord AFD. Hard School just sounds too much like classic GNR. It doesn't seem to fit the mold of songs that came from NU-GNR. That's why I'm thinking it came from the 94-96 session. Additionally, Fortus mentioned in 2014 that they were working on a song that Slash had started.  

7 hours ago, Otto said:

I remember this video, but couldn't find it. does anyone have it at hand?

Also I don't remember if it's on the same video that he discusses working on Slash era riffs and ideas.

These videos would be nice to rewatch, in hindsight!

8:50

• Thanks 1

From what my understanding is, Duff said in a interview in 95 or 96 that they had a song for a Jackie Chan movie. I think Fortus or someone said about the old name Checkmate was written in those 95 or 96 sessions, so eventhough Checkmate is a fake title, my guess is they were well aware of the original leak and knew what the fans met.

8 hours ago, Draguns said:

But those 14 songs were songs that turned into Snakepit 1 though right...?

8 hours ago, Draguns said:

It would be weird, but then again they did rerecord AFD. Hard School just sounds too much like classic GNR. It doesn't seem to fit the mold of songs that came from NU-GNR. That's why I'm thinking it came from the 94-96 session. Additionally, Fortus mentioned in 2014 that they were working on a song that Slash had started.  

Has it ever been said what songs it was Axl wanted Slash to play on CD ? Maybe Axl took the song from those sessions to work on in the hope Slash would work on it and keep a Guns sound. I think Jackie Chan was just a working name because of the intention of it being  on a film then once Axl worked on it changed the name to hard school. 

I don’t know much about the CD era so it’s just a thought I’ve had.