betterman

[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

I’d be surprised if they release anything “new”. All of us would be thrilled for any form of new music - post-2016, recrafted Chinese work, or leftover Chinese-era work with Robin, Bucket, and Bumble

I don’t think a new album will boost ticket sales - this isn’t 1991. A song on Terminator will not have a You Could be Mine impact - no matter how good. Modern day pop culture isn’t GNR. NILT was successful because of nostalgia. If they keep touring year after year, I doubt they could go back to stadiums (at least in the US)

Well we all know how money hungry Team Brazil is and probably Axl, maybe there worried about with an album release wont get the "hearing" it deserves, since let's face it not too many people buy albums anymore, eventhough the album would be huge since it would be the 1st "real" GNR record with Slash n Duff in 28 years, but the success wont last for that long even with a tour. This idea may be shit but it's just a quick thought, I'd say drop a new single every or every other week, let's say 12 songs on a new album, 12 singles 12 weeks, the last single will also coincide with CD/ Vinyl release of the full album for people who actually want to have the album in there hands, while only the singles would be on iTunes, Spotify etc.. Typing this kinda makes no sense but it would possibly increase album sales, and get there singles #1 on the charts with a new song every week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Well we all know how money hungry Team Brazil is and probably Axl, maybe there worried about with an album release wont get the "hearing" it deserves, since let's face it not too many people buy albums anymore, eventhough the album would be huge since it would be the 1st "real" GNR record with Slash n Duff in 28 years, but the success wont last for that long even with a tour. This idea may be shit but it's just a quick thought, I'd say drop a new single every or every other week, let's say 12 songs on a new album, 12 singles 12 weeks, the last single will also coincide with CD/ Vinyl release of the full album for people who actually want to have the album in there hands, while only the singles would be on iTunes, Spotify etc.. Typing this kinda makes no sense but it would possibly increase album sales, and get there singles #1 on the charts with a new song every week.

A single song per week is probably the smartest move - I don't think my heart could handle the shock if they dropped a whole album in one day.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who finds it odd that this “rumor” hit the market days after The Golden Ticket 🎫 of unreleased music was discovered?

Let’s looks a little further: 👀 

Tom Zutats locker gets bought by a random person. A Super fan buys cds from said locker. 2 new tracks leak, one of them being the 1st or 2nd most anticipated unreleased GnR track. We discover there are at least 15 cds of unreleased music 🎶. We get photos of track listings. Supposedly the GnR camp gets word about the cds, and reaches out to the new owner. The GnR camp strike a deal with the owner of The Golden Ticket and stops the unreleased music from leaking...for now. 

What’s GnR and TB thinking right now? Are they starting to panic and realize we have to get music out soon so we can make money from it (as opposed to it leaking and everyone gets them all for free)? 

I don’t know guys, this sounds logical to me 🤨

They don’t really have to give a shit. These are some fifteen to twenty-year old song snippets, and whatever GNR will release as their next record, it definitely won’t be just ChinDem II. With Slash and Duff back in the band, they’ll surely want their stuff on there too, songs they created together/recently etc. So even if they include something from ChD II (which I hope they will), it will be completely revamped, and I don’t think they need to care about some old demos, especially if Axl has shitloads of these tunes in the drawer. 

• Like 1

than they have been letting on

is that a joke ? all 30 band members they have had in the past 10 years keep telling us about the new album they are working on. 

the Curly Shuffle better be on it !

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well material has more a chance of being leaked by a fan, than it has being officially released by Rose. 

Ohk so you're just waiting and waiting and waiting...and waiting for leaks but you'll turn your nose up at official releases? Nah I don't think so. You're too much of an avid GNR fan, old boy.

You hate that I can see how much you'd love new material from your idol, W. Axl Rose. :lol:

• Haha 1

Guns aint releasing shit on the new music front :lol: It's just not happening, it never does, why would it?

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Ohk so you're just waiting and waiting and waiting...and waiting for leaks but you'll turn your nose up at official releases? Nah I don't think so. You're too much of an avid GNR fan, old boy.

You hate that I can see how much you'd love new material from your idol, W. Axl Rose. :lol:

It doesn't matter what I, you or anybody else thinks. Rose will never release new material. NEVER.

You all go back to speculating - ''maybe it'll be released in 2021? Maybe there will be new stuff on the new Terminator? Maybe Slash will add some solos to Chinese 2'' - like a bunch of beaten-up housewives who think their drunken ape of a husband has ''reformed''. Nope, you are never getting your Guns N' Roses cheese Goat.

Posted (edited)

Last time Slash was in the band, they were releasing records every 2 years or so. 
Why do people constantly disregard that the ChinDem era and the Reunion era are two distinct, separate matters? Whatever had been promised by whomever ceased to apply by the 2015/16 dividing line. With the reunion, everything has started anew. 
And since 90 % of the "reunited" time has been filled by touring so far, there’s no wonder we haven’t seen anything new yet. We’ve been promised some studio work by the musicians (mainly Slash) once their solo tours are finished. Again, this has nothing to do with any repeated "promises" of the ChinDem era, with different musicians, management, and leadership structure. 
So far, they’ve only had a few months for any constructive work. 
Put it into correct perspective, people. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Last time Slash was in the band, they were releasing records every 2 years or so. 
Why do people constantly disregard that the ChinDem era and the Reunion era are two distinct, separate matters? Whatever had been promised by whomever ceased to apply by the 2015/16 dividing line. With the reunion, everything has started anew. 
And since 90 % of the "reunited" time has been filled by touring so far, there’s no wonder we haven’t seen anything new yet. We’ve been promised some studio work by the musicians (mainly Slash) once their solo tours are finished. Again, this has nothing to do with any repeated "promises" of the ChinDem era, with different musicians, management, and leadership structure. 

Maybe because the two "distinct eras" have two little things in common: it's still Axl's band, and they still respond to a record label

Edited by Duwz

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It doesn't matter what I, you or anybody else thinks. Rose will never release new material. NEVER.

You all go back to speculating - ''maybe it'll be released in 2021? Maybe there will be new stuff on the new Terminator? Maybe Slash will add some solos to Chinese 2'' - like a bunch of beaten-up housewives who think their drunken ape of a husband has ''reformed''. Nope, you are never getting your Guns N' Roses cheese Goat.

Oh, I'm getting my cheese my good man and I'll be enjoying it as I stand over the grave of your forced cynicism(which you use as a shield because you love GNR too much to be hurt again). 

Edited by Oldest Goat

8 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Izzy and Steven could come back tomorrow   release 2 albums and a dvd and people would still complain.

Yes, some (!) people would still complain because they would not happy with the new product (yes, product). Its the nature of things that some fans are happy and some or unhappy with the current status or happenings of their favorite band, be it the newest album, the tour route, the latest interview or whatever.

But in terms of GNR everyone on this forum complaints because there still is nothing to judge, review or debate like fans of other bands can do on an „objective“ basis, if you know what I mean. That’s the difference. 

Hence, all we can do is to complain how shitty the band is treating us, the fans. This leads us to the same endless discussions in thousands of new threads which seem like everyone wants nothing to do than complain. In fact, its all just the result of being desperate in terms of being a GNR fan. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Oh, I'm getting my cheese my good man and I'll be enjoying it as I stand over the grave of your forced cynicism(which you use as a shield because you love GNR too much to be hurt again). 

Yes. I have my toy trucks ordered. Already have the boxset. Got my beach towel. Paid up as a member of the Nightrain. Think that all bootleggers should burn in hell. Best fan in the world I am.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Duwz said:

Maybe because the two "distinct eras" have two little things in common: it's still Axl's band, and they still respond to a record label

However, in no way is the current relationship structure the same as it was in Axl’s former solo band with hired musicians. There’s no reason why Slash should participate if the environment was the same like it was during UYI. He could make money without Axl. Less, but still. 
It’s just different now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

They recorded material throughout the UYI tour, so there's no excuse as to why they couldn't have done the same during the 3 years of the NITL tour. It's the same old shit as the last decade, but now just with different names.

Why would the band bother with music when they're clearly happy enough making their money through toy boxes, cheese, tonka trucks and instagram filters? :facepalm:

17 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

They recorded material throughout the UYI tour, so there's no excuse as to why they couldn't have done the same during the 3 years of the NITL tour. It's the same old shit as the last decade, but now just with different names.

I agree, it is the same situation. Getting Guns N' Roses to record and release is like pulling fucking teeth.

But there is a difference between what they did during the UYI tour. What they did then was record for 'Spaghetti', and it was never meant as a very serious record from the band. Hence, they accepted to do the recording in less uhm, controlled manner, sometimes with borrowed equipment and in various studios across the world. More spontaneous. Less takes. Less meticular pondering over the vocals. I doubt Axl (and perhaps Slash) would be okay with such an approach to recording a new, serious record. Especially one that would stand its own next to 'Appetite' and the 'Illusions' The exception would if the only thing needed were new tracks from Slash and Duff, like new leads and overdubs. Then maybe they could do those while touring.

GNR central doesnt know anything. But that rumour is more than just a rumour

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I keep your post and will send you a message very soon when we will have new music ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Slash anyway... Duff? Nahhhh

Tenderness part 2 🙄.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Tenderness part 2 🙄.

That's a bit silly. Tenderness is obviously not a GNR album, nor was it meant to be that. If Duff was to write for GNR, it wouldn't be anything like that. Hence why he released it as a solo album.

• Like 3

I beleive some sort of product will be released. Whether its an album or ep to test the waters who the fuck knows. What i do hope is that it will a constant cycle of album, tour, album, tour like slash has said on a previous interview like normal fuckin bands, around skmc commitments. I think its a matter of when not if.

11 minutes ago, Lio said:

That's a bit silly. Tenderness is obviously not a GNR album, nor was it meant to be that. If Duff was to write for GNR, it wouldn't be anything like that. Hence why he released it as a solo album.

I hope not.