[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

On 8/2/2019 at 1:12 AM, jamillos said:

Last time Slash was in the band, they were releasing records every 2 years or so. 
Why do people constantly disregard that the ChinDem era and the Reunion era are two distinct, separate matters? Whatever had been promised by whomever ceased to apply by the 2015/16 dividing line. With the reunion, everything has started anew. 
And since 90 % of the "reunited" time has been filled by touring so far, there’s no wonder we haven’t seen anything new yet. We’ve been promised some studio work by the musicians (mainly Slash) once their solo tours are finished. Again, this has nothing to do with any repeated "promises" of the ChinDem era, with different musicians, management, and leadership structure. 
So far, they’ve only had a few months for any constructive work. 
Put it into correct perspective, people. 

Except that time line isn’t close to being accurate. They’ve spent more time not touring than they have together touring since the partial-reunion took place. 

26 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Except that time line isn’t close to being accurate. They’ve spent more time not touring than they have together touring since the partial-reunion took place. 

Family time. AC/DC. Relaxing. Etc.

I'm surprised nobody is talking more about the fact that the Planetrock UK radio DJ specifically stated that the upcoming release from GnR would be an EP, rather than a full album.

That's very telling to me! I think the band feels too pressured to release a full album, since it would have to live up to the hype of being "the first full-length album of original material from Axl & Slash since 1991." I bet the label also told the band that, if they put out a full album, they would have to do the usual round of band photos, press junkets, interviews, music videos, etc (and we ALL know GnR aint into that shit these days).

If that rumor turns out to be true, I bet itll be a "hefty" EP of like seven or eight songs that are all pretty long. Either that or they'll do a GnR Lies 2.0 of like four live songs and four new songs, or four covers and four legit songs. Something like that...

Hell, for all we know, maybe itll be the first in a series of EPs. Maybe Axl is finally open to releasing new music in a way that breaks the traditional album mold... I'm deluding myself, arent I?

Edited by rocknroll41

13 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I'm surprised nobody is talking more about the fact that the Planetrock UK radio DJ specifically stated that the upcoming release from GnR would be an EP, rather than a full album.

That's very telling to me! I think the band feels too pressured to release a full album, since it would have to live up to the hype of being "the first full-length album of original material from Axl & Slash since 1991." I bet the label also told the band that, if they put out a full album, they would have to do the usual round of band photos, press junkets, interviews, music videos, etc (and we ALL know GnR aint into that shit these days).

If that rumor turns out to be true, I bet itll be a "hefty" EP of like seven or eight songs that are all pretty long. Either that or they'll do a GnR Lies 2.0 of like four live songs and four new songs, or four covers and four legit songs. Something like that...

Hell, for all we know, maybe itll be the first in a series of EPs. Maybe Axl is finally open to releasing new music in a way that breaks the traditional album mold... I'm deluding myself, arent I?

Didn't know that a DJ had said that.

I could see it making sense though, its a band that revisits it past so doing an EP or maybe even 2 EPs with one being "Live" would be quite insane.

Five or six tracks for an EP would be good, maybe 3 reworked CD era tunes like Atlas, then one or two that Slash n Duff bring in.

Its GNR so there would probably be a cover on there, id vote The Seeker.

3 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I could see it making sense though, its a band that revisits it past so doing an EP or maybe even 2 EPs with one being "Live" would be quite insane.

Five or six tracks for an EP would be good, maybe 3 reworked CD era tunes like Atlas, then one or two that Slash n Duff bring in.

Give me a cover of Marseilles.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I’d go with Witchita, if I had to pick a cover... but id to prefer no studio covers at all, really. They should make room for as many original songs as possible!

Edited by rocknroll41

Marseilles would be good instead, but if they put new covers in live it could be anything.

Fuck if it was sailing that would be immense  

29 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

GnR Lies II makes total sense

With 4 shitty live covers like Wichita, whole lotta rosie etc then 4 new ones including the new single rock the rock and ain't goin down

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yes! Finally, studio versions of The Seeker and Wichita!

47 minutes ago, Creed said:

and 'Beautiful' by Christina Aguilera.

'Sailing' was fine and there could be a studio cover of this song back then. 

Oh fuck yeah to Beautiful. I always forget how much that kicked ass. 

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I've created this handy diagram to help everyone understand the full depth of the situation:

gnr.png

This is one of the funniest things I’ve seen on this forum.

Right behind when they announced the contest to win the back catalogue and @DieselDaisy said, “At least it won’t cost them much on postage!”

• Haha 4

Luckily I have never listened to a full version of them playing wichita. 

I have really tried to get past 1 minute but it literally is the worst song i have ever heard let alone a GNR song.

I was luckily enough to catch them early in the NITL tour and missed it  and at download i went for a :slash: as soon as it came on.

Literal dogshit in sonic form

Edited by angriestwhopper
  • Like 1

So..... nine pages of discussion about new album rumor that's based on people speculating here? Wow. 

However, if Axl would release a rap album (as someone mentioned Axl rapping ), I would be totally on board with that. I wouldn't strain his voice so much and he can already dress the part. 

Kuvahaun tulos haulle axl rose rapper

Gn'R releasing new music... I believe it when I hear it. (Which obviously doesn't mean it's impossible)

• Like 2

Something like LIES would be cool.. 

5 Live Songs from NITL that Axl sounded good on.
Shadow Of Your Love
Out Ta Get Me (with Adler)
Jungle (For the casuals and cause they rocked it this tour)
Nightrain
The Seeker

3 Studio Tracks
New Song
New Song
Witchita Lineman

They only need to come up with 2 new songs to do something like this.. Put it out to help alleviate any pressure and then get on with a real album. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, angriestwhopper said:

Luckily I have never listened to a full version of them playing wichita. 

I have really tried to get past 1 minute but it literally is the worst song i have ever heard let alone a GNR song.

I was luckily enough to catch them early in the NITL tour and missed it  and at download i went for a :slash: as soon as it came on.

Literal dogshit in sonic form

I actually quite like their version of Wichita, I remember when they first busted it out it gave me the vibe of them just jamming together acoustically like a GNR Lies thing

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Maybe they'll do an EP then a full album.

I would love a studio version of the seeker.

• Like 1