betterman

[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

13 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I'm surprised nobody is talking more about the fact that the Planetrock UK radio DJ specifically stated that the upcoming release from GnR would be an EP, rather than a full album.

That's very telling to me! I think the band feels too pressured to release a full album, since it would have to live up to the hype of being "the first full-length album of original material from Axl & Slash since 1991." I bet the label also told the band that, if they put out a full album, they would have to do the usual round of band photos, press junkets, interviews, music videos, etc (and we ALL know GnR aint into that shit these days).

If that rumor turns out to be true, I bet itll be a "hefty" EP of like seven or eight songs that are all pretty long. Either that or they'll do a GnR Lies 2.0 of like four live songs and four new songs, or four covers and four legit songs. Something like that...

Hell, for all we know, maybe itll be the first in a series of EPs. Maybe Axl is finally open to releasing new music in a way that breaks the traditional album mold... I'm deluding myself, arent I?

Didn't know that a DJ had said that.

I could see it making sense though, its a band that revisits it past so doing an EP or maybe even 2 EPs with one being "Live" would be quite insane.

Five or six tracks for an EP would be good, maybe 3 reworked CD era tunes like Atlas, then one or two that Slash n Duff bring in.

Its GNR so there would probably be a cover on there, id vote The Seeker.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I could see it making sense though, its a band that revisits it past so doing an EP or maybe even 2 EPs with one being "Live" would be quite insane.

Five or six tracks for an EP would be good, maybe 3 reworked CD era tunes like Atlas, then one or two that Slash n Duff bring in.

Give me a cover of Marseilles.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I’d go with Witchita, if I had to pick a cover... but id to prefer no studio covers at all, really. They should make room for as many original songs as possible!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • GNFNR 1

Marseilles would be good instead, but if they put new covers in live it could be anything.

Fuck if it was sailing that would be immense  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I'm surprised nobody is talking more about the fact that the Planetrock UK radio DJ specifically stated that the upcoming release from GnR would be an EP, rather than a full album.

That's very telling to me! I think the band feels too pressured to release a full album, since it would have to live up to the hype of being "the first full-length album of original material from Axl & Slash since 1991." I bet the label also told the band that, if they put out a full album, they would have to do the usual round of band photos, press junkets, interviews, music videos, etc (and we ALL know GnR aint into that shit these days).

If that rumor turns out to be true, I bet itll be a "hefty" EP of like seven or eight songs that are all pretty long. Either that or they'll do a GnR Lies 2.0 of like four live songs and four new songs, or four covers and four legit songs. Something like that...

Hell, for all we know, maybe itll be the first in a series of EPs. Maybe Axl is finally open to releasing new music in a way that breaks the traditional album mold... I'm deluding myself, arent I?

GnR Lies II makes total sense

With 4 shitty live covers like Wichita, whole lotta rosie etc then 4 new ones including the new single rock the rock and ain't goin down

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yes! Finally, studio versions of The Seeker and Wichita!

On 1.8.2019 at 3:54 PM, Creed said:

gnrcentral had interviews with beavan and the director of the NR video.

unfortunately this forum never had the chance to interview anyone except for Axl aka dexter...

fact is: someone from the UK mentioned earlier that he heard these infos on the radio. 

lets wait until Terminator 6.

if its an EP than 4 songs will be covers. And one of them will be Slither.

The only cover I ever want GNR to release is the soundboard of Sailing 06

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The only cover I ever want GNR to release is the soundboard of Sailing 06

and 'Beautiful' by Christina Aguilera.

'Sailing' was fine and there could be a studio cover of this song back then. 

• GNFNR 1

I think a studio version of Witchita could be great , their version is good enough and the outro is amazing.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Creed said:

and 'Beautiful' by Christina Aguilera.

'Sailing' was fine and there could be a studio cover of this song back then. 

Oh fuck yeah to Beautiful. I always forget how much that kicked ass. 

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I've created this handy diagram to help everyone understand the full depth of the situation:

gnr.png

This is one of the funniest things I’ve seen on this forum.

Right behind when they announced the contest to win the back catalogue and @DieselDaisy said, “At least it won’t cost them much on postage!”

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Luckily I have never listened to a full version of them playing wichita. 

I have really tried to get past 1 minute but it literally is the worst song i have ever heard let alone a GNR song.

I was luckily enough to catch them early in the NITL tour and missed it  and at download i went for a :slash: as soon as it came on.

Literal dogshit in sonic form

Edited by angriestwhopper
  • Like 1

So..... nine pages of discussion about new album rumor that's based on people speculating here? Wow. 

However, if Axl would release a rap album (as someone mentioned Axl rapping ), I would be totally on board with that. I wouldn't strain his voice so much and he can already dress the part. 

Kuvahaun tulos haulle axl rose rapper

Gn'R releasing new music... I believe it when I hear it. (Which obviously doesn't mean it's impossible)

• Like 2

Something like LIES would be cool.. 

5 Live Songs from NITL that Axl sounded good on.
Shadow Of Your Love
Out Ta Get Me (with Adler)
Jungle (For the casuals and cause they rocked it this tour)
Nightrain
The Seeker

3 Studio Tracks
New Song
New Song
Witchita Lineman

They only need to come up with 2 new songs to do something like this.. Put it out to help alleviate any pressure and then get on with a real album. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, angriestwhopper said:

Luckily I have never listened to a full version of them playing wichita. 

I have really tried to get past 1 minute but it literally is the worst song i have ever heard let alone a GNR song.

I was luckily enough to catch them early in the NITL tour and missed it  and at download i went for a :slash: as soon as it came on.

Literal dogshit in sonic form

I actually quite like their version of Wichita, I remember when they first busted it out it gave me the vibe of them just jamming together acoustically like a GNR Lies thing

• Like 4

I’d be okay with an EP. Even a single. Just anything to hint towards the intentions of new music.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Maybe they'll do an EP then a full album.

I would love a studio version of the seeker.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The EP talk isn't really exciting me tbh. Much prefer an album with 12+ original tracks. 

Edited by Edward Nygma
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 02/08/2019 at 12:05 AM, shotsfired cro said:

who cares about an album featuring Frank on drums and Mel on keys!?

In all honesty...

I would rather remember them finish it off with TSI

TSI is a half baked collection of covers from a band that was basically done. Some cool bits, but come on!!

A new record with Frank and Mel is a record with members wanting to play together... It's new material and it could potentially be great. 

Why write it off before you've even heard it!

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

The EP talk isn't really exciting me tbh. Much prefer an album with 12+ original tracks. 

I’m with you on that one,though I guess an EP would be better than nothing at all. One thing that seems inevitable though is that Axl’s contribution to another album would be reworked songs from the CD era. Maybe putting those songs on an EP would help get those songs from CD era out his system and give the band more time to get an album of new songs done. If the EP was going to happen I’d rather it was something similar to what Tom Ass said 

• Like 2

They could release an EP with acoustic songs as some kind of a teaser for the new album. That would be great. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

They could release an EP with acoustic songs as some kind of a teaser for the new album. That would be great. 

Worked great with Lies and would work again 

If it's an EP with some of covers and new songs possibly this could be a potential tracklist:

1. The General or another unreleased CD song

2. Black Hole Sun

3. Atlas Shrugged

4. Wichita Lineman

5. Better (Re- Recorded w/ new intro)

6. The Seeker

7. Hardschool

It's not my ideal tracklisting, I'd rather have a new album with no covers, but it seems they love those cover songs so it would sense if they ended up on an ep. With better it would turn people on to CD again, or new fans since Better is the only CD song on NITL that sounds different and better than the actual studio version (except Axl and Slashs Solo)