[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

On 02/08/2019 at 12:05 AM, shotsfired cro said:

who cares about an album featuring Frank on drums and Mel on keys!?

In all honesty...

I would rather remember them finish it off with TSI

TSI is a half baked collection of covers from a band that was basically done. Some cool bits, but come on!!

A new record with Frank and Mel is a record with members wanting to play together... It's new material and it could potentially be great. 

Why write it off before you've even heard it!

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

The EP talk isn't really exciting me tbh. Much prefer an album with 12+ original tracks. 

I’m with you on that one,though I guess an EP would be better than nothing at all. One thing that seems inevitable though is that Axl’s contribution to another album would be reworked songs from the CD era. Maybe putting those songs on an EP would help get those songs from CD era out his system and give the band more time to get an album of new songs done. If the EP was going to happen I’d rather it was something similar to what Tom Ass said 

• Like 2

If it's an EP with some of covers and new songs possibly this could be a potential tracklist:

1. The General or another unreleased CD song

2. Black Hole Sun

3. Atlas Shrugged

4. Wichita Lineman

5. Better (Re- Recorded w/ new intro)

6. The Seeker

7. Hardschool

It's not my ideal tracklisting, I'd rather have a new album with no covers, but it seems they love those cover songs so it would sense if they ended up on an ep. With better it would turn people on to CD again, or new fans since Better is the only CD song on NITL that sounds different and better than the actual studio version (except Axl and Slashs Solo)

10 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

If it's an EP with some of covers and new songs possibly this could be a potential tracklist:

1. The General or another unreleased CD song

2. Black Hole Sun

3. Atlas Shrugged

4. Wichita Lineman

5. Better (Re- Recorded w/ new intro)

6. The Seeker

7. Hardschool

It's not my ideal tracklisting, I'd rather have a new album with no covers, but it seems they love those cover songs so it would sense if they ended up on an ep. With better it would turn people on to CD again, or new fans since Better is the only CD song on NITL that sounds different and better than the actual studio version (except Axl and Slashs Solo)

I feel like I must be the only one who prefers Slash’s solo on Better over the studio version...

• Like 1

If they got the nerves to release anything with more than one cover song at maximum, I am finally done with this band.

Anything but new own material is unacceptable after all these years. And new material does not mean to polish some thirty years old demo tracks.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

I'm still thinking were getting a new song with Terminator or a possible release of the soundtrack to the pinball machine with new songs.

You've mentioned the Terminator thing more than a few times. That's what we're all hoping for but there's no evidence to support it happening yet. 

1 hour ago, imsorry said:

an ep will be a joke but in team brazil world its enough.

Funny you should mention that. I was reading the thread and kept thing "What's this shit where everyone keeps settling for an EP?" 

We don't need to give them any reason or ideas about how they should give us LESS music. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You've mentioned the Terminator thing more than a few times. That's what we're all hoping for but there's no evidence to support it happening yet. 

Funny you should mention that. I was reading the thread and kept thing "What's this shit where everyone keeps settling for an EP?" 

We don't need to give them any reason or ideas about how they should give us LESS music. 

I'm surprised at how many people would be happy with an EP.  And half full of covers?    The fans deserve better than that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yes I do know there's no evidence at all supporting that idea, and there's no evidence going toward a new GNR album or EP. It's just fun to toy around with the idea of a new song or something new, even without any evidence pointing toward an actual real thing.

2 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I'm surprised at how many people would be happy with an EP.  And half full of covers?    The fans deserve better than that.

Couldn't agree more. 

1 minute ago, djones1225 said:

Yes I do know there's no evidence at all supporting that idea, and there's no evidence going toward a new GNR album or EP. It's just fun to toy around with the idea of a new song or something new, even without any evidence pointing toward an actual real thing.

Right, but posting the same thing repeatedly isn't going to make it a reality. That's my point. 

• Like 1

An EP would be a good hold-over, like "here's a few tracks while we work on the album over the next year". It would justify the continued touring, give them more time to release a full album, and partially satisfy the fan-base (by at least proving they are actually working on new music and are capable of releasing it.) Is it ideal? No. But I'd still take it... assuming it would consist of at least some new material, and not just re-worked CD songs.

• Like 2

On 03/08/2019 at 9:35 AM, djones1225 said:

Just saying if they dont finish recording a new album by the end of next year (not saying it will be released next year) I bet Slash would leave GNR again.

He will be there till the end now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

Self titled album

5-6 Chinese takeout songs reworked by Slash and rerecorded by all

3-4 songs from the 1995 sessions reworked and rerecorded

2-3 all new songs 

Newly Slashified Hardschool as lead single

DONE

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3