Marco Beltrami

Beltrami was a huge part of the Chinese Democracy sessions and I'm looking forward to hearing more of his work. We've only heard a few songs that he worked on.

From Wikipedia:

It was reported in October 2002 on Beltrami's official website that he had worked on orchestral arrangements for "Thyme", "The General" and "Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul" (also known as "Leave Me Alone") from the then-unreleased Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy.

While none of those tracks appear on the final track listing of the album, they were confirmed as being recorded during the sessions with a chance of release in the future.

However, he was credited officially for providing arrangements on "Street of Dreams", "Madagascar", "There Was a Time", "This I Love" and " Prostitute".

• Like 1

Assuming those will even still be on the next GnR release... and assuming GnR will still release something... Yes, it would be nice to hear all of those! I wonder if Thyme will still only be a minute and 50 seconds long (like it is listed as being on the leaked screenshot of the 2000 demo disc), or if it’s been expanded upon since.

IIRC he also worked on Seven.

13 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Assuming those will even still be on the next GnR release... and assuming GnR will still release something... Yes, it would be nice to hear all of those! I wonder if Thyme will still only be a minute and 50 seconds long (like it is listed as being on the leaked screenshot of the 2000 demo disc), or if it’s been expanded upon since.

of what I understood about that stuff on Rough Mixes, there are two songs - Thyme (that 1:50-ish orchestration for PRL) and PRL itself (without any note whether it still includes the Thyme orchestration or not).

at least I hope I got it right, I might be wrong - all the shit happened too chaotically.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The Song P.R.L. uses the instrumental/orchestral piece called Thyme  

• Like 1

The topic of Marco Beltrami is a good one to bring up. Based off the tracks he contributed to: Soul Monster, Thyme, Street of Dreams, Madagascar, This I Love, There Was A Time, The General and Seven. Kind of makes you wonder if The General and Seven are on the rough mix tapes under alternate names/working titles. 

1 minute ago, Grayfox said:

The topic of Marco Beltrami is a good one to bring up. Based off the tracks he contributed to: Soul Monster, Thyme, Street of Dreams, Madagascar, This I Love, There Was A Time, The General and Seven. Kind of makes you wonder if The General and Seven are on the rough mix tapes under alternate names/working titles. 

Doubt it cause Brain wrote those, and most of those tapes seem to pre-date his involvement. Also, Brain made it sound like those were the titles right from the start.

1 hour ago, Grayfox said:

But we have not seen tracklist of all 20 disks have we??