Mass Shooting at Walmart in El Paso

BlueJean Baby

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

What if it was a healthy fetus but the product of rape/incest?

When you say the babies try defending themselves, what do you mean, how old are they?

Rape would be one of those acceptable exceptions I was talking about. We usually give contraceptive pills to a victim to avoid gestation, usually they don't wait the baby to grow to look for help.

As early as 16 weeks.

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Forgive me if I'm misremembering but aren't you one of the guys who was saying crazy shit ages ago like the leftist party of your country wants to send gay-kits out to all the kids to turn them gay?

They tried. Funniest thing was when said thing was brought to our biggest news network on prime time and they didn't allow it to be shown because it was "innapropriated for children":lol:. It had a hole for you to put your fingers in to represent a kids penis.

Here's a little info on it:

https://novaescola.org.br/conteudo/84/conheca-o-kit-gay-vetado-pelo-governo-federal-em-2011

It is in a brazilian portuguese tho.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Someone just entered a mosque in Norway and started shooting. He managed to lightly wound one person before he was overwhelmed. Allegedly he had a shotgun and one or two pistols. Happy we have banned semi-automatic guns in Norway. 

What type of pistols? 

As for the Monty Python song. If your guiding principle on what is deserving of protection as if it was a human being is "potential to develop into a human being", then you run into absurdities like this where sperm cells are sacred. Back when Monty Python wrote the song biotech hadn't advanced as far and sperms (or eggs) were considered the end of the line. Today it could be almost any cell. Any cell is sacred! 

I mean, it is a valid opinion, but most people would find it absurd. 

Too avoid such a slippery slope, you have to apply other guiding principles. And usually those are along the lines of how developed the fetus is (how similar to humans, or how able they are too survive outside the womb). 

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

What type of pistols? 

Don't know. 

I don't think we have had any incidents like this since Utøya in 2011, so quite a coincidence it happened now while we discuss gun violence and mass murders. 

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Any aspect of racism is sad. But fortunately he didn't have the firing rate or the skills, and the guys presents had the courage and whereabouts to step in. It could have been a lot worse. 

The fact that there were only three people in the mosque probably also helped :lol:

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Sorry for the people of Norway.

Fuck yeah, grampa! That guy sounds like a true bad ass!

This being shortly after the July 22(?) anniversary, one wonders if it was an inspiration?

Doubt it. Probably more inspired by the latest mass murders in the USA which have received a lot of media coverage here, and it being Hajj. 

• Like 1

Just now, -W.A.R- said:

Not all - Revolvers, Derringers, etc

Tbh, most people that are well trained with guns can shoot a revolver about as fast as a semi-auto pistol.  The only major difference is that a revolver probably only holds 6 rounds vs a semi auto that could hold 9 or more rounds in a magazine.

5 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Not all - Revolvers, Derringers, etc

A revolver is not a pistol per se as it does have multiple chambers in the drum.

Unless he's going for single shots which are very rare nowadays or an old lever action then it's probably a semi auto.

8 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Tbh, most people that are well trained with guns can shoot a revolver about as fast as a semi-auto pistol.  The only major difference is that a revolver probably only holds 6 rounds vs a semi auto that could hold 9 or more rounds in a magazine.

Double stack mag pistols can hold up to 17+1 rounds on their standard mags, like the CZ 75.

Mine holds 19+1.

Edited by Chewbacca

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Doubt it. Probably more inspired by the latest mass murders in the USA which have received a lot of media coverage here, and it being Hajj. 

Well I’m glad the guy was apprehended without major casualties.  But from first glance it sounds more like the guy didn’t really know what he was doing (Thank God) and that there were a few brave people that were willing to take him down vs any type of gun laws that you’ve implemented.

No disrespect but if you can’t take 3 people out with a shotgun and several pistols then having a semi auto rifle would not have made much of a difference either, imo. If anything, the rifle would have been harder to control vs a shotgun and pistols. 

But at this point it’s all conjecture anyway.   I’m glad no one was more seriously hurt.

Edited by Kasanova King

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

A revolver is not a pistol per se as it does have multiple chambers in the drum.

Unless he's going for single shots which are very rare nowadays or an old lever action then it's probably a semi auto.

Sorry for the confusion, semi-automatic pistols are possible to buy. In Norway the starting point is that every gun purchase must be approved by the police, and the application should state the intended use of the weapon (with hunting or sports being the only acceptable uses). Furthermore, all "militarised" guns are illegal. You can obtain semi-automatic shotguns or rifles (for hunting) at the police's discretion. Owning more than one firearm is only acceptable if you can argue for why. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Sorry for the confusion, semi-automatic pistols are possible to buy. In Norway the starting point is that every gun purchase must be approved by the police, and the application should state the intended use of the weapon (with hunting or sports being the only acceptable uses). Furthermore, all "militarised" guns are illegal. You can obtain semi-automatic shotguns or rifles (for hunting) at the police's discretion. Owning more than one firearm is only acceptable if you can argue for why. 

It's pretty much like Brazil then. Cept we can't get 9mm or anything past .30 carbine on the semi auto rifle department.

Edited by Chewbacca

6 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Double stack mag pistols can hold up to 17+1 rounds on their standard mags, like the CZ 75.

Mine holds 19+1.

Yeah you can get extended magazines for semi auto’s.  I was mostly referring to the rate of fire between a semi auto pistol and a revolver.   You can pretty much shoot either as fast as you can pull the trigger...although semi autos are probably easier to pull.  

• Like 1

Well I’m glad the guy was apprehended without major casualties.  But from first glance it sounds more like the guy didn’t really know what he was doing (Thank God) and that there were a few brave people that were willing to take him down vs any type of gun laws that you’ve implemented.

There were only 3 people there. Anyway, if it had been hundreds (which is expected for the sermon tomorr) and the guy had a semi-automatic (or fully automatic) high-power rifle with a large magazine, the outcome is likely to have been worse than what a guy with two glocks can usually achieve. 

Yeah you can get extended magazines for semi auto’s.  I was mostly referring to the rate of fire between a semi auto pistol and a revolver.   You can pretty much shoot either as fast as you can pull the trigger...although semi autos are probably easier to pull.  

True dat. None of those double stacks I cited are considered extended tho.