BlueJean Baby

Mass Shooting at Walmart in El Paso

6 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

When it comes to killing someone, yes. It is something that goes above personal opinion. Specially for us, doctors, the ones pulling. It doesn't mean much to you probably because you never had to face this responsibility.

Of course it is a different situation for the two of us. But for all you know I could have been involved in the desicion to abort or not abort. 

Anyway, citizens can decide to rely on whatever abortion laws exist in their country (and thus out-source the decision to the politicians and whatever experts that have been involved) or make up their own mind. 

7 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

They don’t even show correlation tbh.  I’m at work but from first glance they are all over the place.  They seem to be more directly linked to crime levels than anything else.  I’ll take a closer look when I get home later today. 

Uhm, wouldn't it be really weird if they weren't directly linked to crime levels? :lol:

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

The potential for life is not enough? Damn!

Every sperm is sacred! 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

So you're athiest then? I'm surprised if that's the case. Then I would say the rationality of your opinion on the matter has been influenced by religion and/or is being clouded by the trauma and emotion of that surgery you describe - which is understandable but is still a too-specific example that doesn't make you right or an authority. I am sorry for your experience and what happened it's very unfortunate and sad.

Yes, I am against late term abortion, isn't everyone? I think it's okay to abort in the first...4 weeks or so? And only later if it's to save the mother basically.

If a fetus is going to be aborted then it is literally an undesired growth. Abortion should be taken seriously but not because of religious babble or misconceptions that an undeveloped fetus is a human. That would be jumping the gun. Would you call flour a cake?

Yes, atheist.

It was not a specific surgery that happens quite a lot here, and in the world TBH. Everytime the baby defends itself, as expected.

If your definition of a fetus to be aborted is a fetus that will die, won't be able to live a decent life, poses a treat to the mother among others, then yes, I agree with you, let's abort and spare the child and parents from further suffering.

If you're talking about a healthy fetus, that will be born and live, but the parents simply decided to shun it, then no, it is murder.

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Of course it is a different situation for the two of us. But for all you know I could have been involved in the desicion to abort or not abort. 

Anyway, citizens can decide to rely on whatever abortion laws exist in their country (and thus out-source the decision to the politicians and whatever experts that have been involved) or make up their own mind. 

Uhm, wouldn't it be really weird if they weren't directly linked to crime levels? :lol:

So how would not reducing crime reduce gun violence? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

But you're not, which I think makes you biased. If more people saw what happens in there, I have a feeling more people would be pro-life.

6 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

So how would not reducing crime reduce gun violence? 

Have I ever said it wouldn't? 

5 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Yes, atheist.

It was not a specific surgery that happens quite a lot here, and in the world TBH. Everytime the baby defends itself, as expected.

If your definition of a fetus to be aborted is a fetus that will die, won't be able to live a decent life, poses a treat to the mother among others, then yes, I agree with you, let's abort and spare the child and parents from further suffering.

If you're talking about a healthy fetus, that will be born and live, but the parents simply decided to shun it, then no, it is murder.

What if it was a healthy fetus but the product of rape/incest?

When you say the babies try defending themselves, what do you mean, how old are they?

5 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

But you're not, which I think makes you biased. If more people saw what happens in there, I have a feeling more people would be pro-life.

I am not what? Aren't we all biased? You certainly. 

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Every sperm is sacred! 

Now you're just trolling.

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:

Now you're just trolling.

Forgive me if I'm misremembering but aren't you one of the guys who was saying crazy shit ages ago like the leftist party of your country wants to send gay-kits out to all the kids to turn them gay?

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

What if it was a healthy fetus but the product of rape/incest?

When you say the babies try defending themselves, what do you mean, how old are they?

Rape would be one of those acceptable exceptions I was talking about. We usually give contraceptive pills to a victim to avoid gestation, usually they don't wait the baby to grow to look for help.

As early as 16 weeks.

Men, and it’s not only abortion - I bet us dudes could solve all the lady stuff if we really pooled our brain resources right here in this mass shooting thread. :awesomeface:

Sure beats talking about the men’s issue of mass shootings :P

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Forgive me if I'm misremembering but aren't you one of the guys who was saying crazy shit ages ago like the leftist party of your country wants to send gay-kits out to all the kids to turn them gay?

They tried. Funniest thing was when said thing was brought to our biggest news network on prime time and they didn't allow it to be shown because it was "innapropriated for children":lol:. It had a hole for you to put your fingers in to represent a kids penis.

Here's a little info on it:

https://novaescola.org.br/conteudo/84/conheca-o-kit-gay-vetado-pelo-governo-federal-em-2011

It is in a brazilian portuguese tho.

Just now, Chewbacca said:

They tried. Funniest thing was when said thing was brought to our biggest news network on prime time and they didn't allow it to be shown because it was "innapropriated for children":lol:. It had a hole for you to put your fingers in to represent a kids penis.

Here's a little info on it:

https://novaescola.org.br/conteudo/84/conheca-o-kit-gay-vetado-pelo-governo-federal-em-2011

It is in a brazilian portuguese tho.

It's obviously a crock of shit mate.

Just accept that you're gay. :lol:

Someone just entered a mosque in Norway and started shooting. He managed to lightly wound one person before he was overwhelmed. Allegedly he had a shotgun and one or two pistols. Happy we have banned semi-automatic guns in Norway. 

• GNFNR 2

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Someone just entered a mosque in Norway and started shooting. He managed to lightly wound one person before he was overwhelmed. Allegedly he had a shotgun and one or two pistols. Happy we have banned semi-automatic guns in Norway. 

What type of pistols? 

Posted (edited)

That's sad. Pistols are semi auto guns. You're probably referring to long guns then.

Edited by Chewbacca

As for the Monty Python song. If your guiding principle on what is deserving of protection as if it was a human being is "potential to develop into a human being", then you run into absurdities like this where sperm cells are sacred. Back when Monty Python wrote the song biotech hadn't advanced as far and sperms (or eggs) were considered the end of the line. Today it could be almost any cell. Any cell is sacred! 

I mean, it is a valid opinion, but most people would find it absurd. 

Too avoid such a slippery slope, you have to apply other guiding principles. And usually those are along the lines of how developed the fetus is (how similar to humans, or how able they are too survive outside the womb). 

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

What type of pistols? 

Don't know. 

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:

That's sad. 

Any aspect of racism is sad. But fortunately he didn't have the firing rate or the skills, and the guys presents had the courage and whereabouts to step in. It could have been a lot worse. 

This is obviously a story under development. Now they said he had two handguns, one person was shot in the leg, and that a 75 year old man stepped in and wrestled the moron to the floor. 

• GNFNR 1

I don't think we have had any incidents like this since Utøya in 2011, so quite a coincidence it happened now while we discuss gun violence and mass murders. 

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Any aspect of racism is sad. But fortunately he didn't have the firing rate or the skills, and the guys presents had the courage and whereabouts to step in. It could have been a lot worse. 

The fact that there were only three people in the mosque probably also helped :lol:

Sorry for the people of Norway.

Fuck yeah, grampa! That guy sounds like a true bad ass!

This being shortly after the July 22(?) anniversary, one wonders if it was an inspiration?

16 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Pistols are semi auto guns.

Not all - Revolvers, Derringers, etc

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Sorry for the people of Norway.

Fuck yeah, grampa! That guy sounds like a true bad ass!

This being shortly after the July 22(?) anniversary, one wonders if it was an inspiration?

Doubt it. Probably more inspired by the latest mass murders in the USA which have received a lot of media coverage here, and it being Hajj. 

• Like 1