Hiv sports star

BrayWyatt

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan Russell, An NFL Free Agent, has recently come out as bi. He is the only openly queer person in any of the 4 major leagues in the USA. He says he believes the NFL is "ready" and he hopes to be signed once again.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/video/27492720/ryan-russell-reveals-truth 

(Since in this thread we have also discussed how few openly queer folks are in male pro sports, I thought to post this here. As we know, being queer has no more connection to HIV than anyone else does :))

14 hours ago, Graeme said:

I mean, the fact that we're still using "gay" in a pejorative sense in this thread (football is gay, cricket is gay, Ronaldo is gay) is a barometer of the fact that we're still a long way off it not being an issue.

I still use bender, poof, shirt-lifter :lol: I just think its what you feel in your heart that counts.  Like I've called you jock a thousand times on here, I don't have nothing against Scotish folk, in fact they're pretty cool, its just...well, you know what it is, its offhand and pithy and lightweight with no malice attached.  I suppose the trouble is how does some bender who meets me for the first time or is just reading this supposed to know.  I dunno, I just rely on people and their intepretive abilities. 

• Like 2

There was a "straight pride" parade in Boston, smh. Three organizers took questions - one dressed as Santa. A reporter asked the goofs "what do you say to the tax payers who are concerned over the city resources that are gonna be wasted just because you three cant get laid?" :lol: Santa completely malfunctions in response :lol: 3:59-4:38

• Haha 2

On 07/09/2019 at 12:10 PM, Len Cnut said:

I suppose the trouble is how does some bender who meets me for the first time or is just reading this supposed to know.  I dunno, I just rely on people and their intepretive abilities. 

I'm not sure really to be honest. Maybe just offer to suck him off and judge the reaction?

• Haha 1

On ‎07‎.‎09‎.‎2019 at 1:10 PM, Len Cnut said:

I still use bender, poof, shirt-lifter :lol: I just think its what you feel in your heart that counts. […]  I dunno, I just rely on people and their intepretive abilities. 

I think it is usually very clear from your posts that you don't mean anything malicious about all the derogatory terms you use in your posts, and that it is just sociolect. That being said, I do think it is better to avoid using derogatory terms that are insulting to large factions of the population. Because one can't really rely on everybody being able to detect "how you feel in your heart", especially not on the net, and on a public forum with thousands of views per day; and in a sense it feels wrong to lift the burden of making sure no one is insulted from the person actually doing the talking/writing to the person listening/hearing. To me it is just common decency to adjust one's language when out in public. I talk differently here than, say, with my friends at a bar. But I err, like, a lot. I mean, I am sure lots of swan-shaggers have been crying after reading my posts to you.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I think it is usually very clear from your posts that you don't mean anything malicious about all the derogatory terms you use in your posts, and that it is just sociolect. That being said, I do think it is better to avoid using derogatory terms that are insulting to large factions of the population. Because one can't really rely on everybody being able to detect "how you feel in your heart", especially not on the net, and on a public forum with thousands of views per day; and in a sense it feels wrong to lift the burden of making sure no one is insulted from the person actually doing the talking/writing to the person listening/hearing. To me it is just common decency to adjust one's language when out in public. I talk differently here than, say, with my friends at a bar. But I err, like, a lot. I mean, I am sure lots of swan-shaggers have been crying after reading my posts to you.

Yeah, I suppose thats a failiing in me really.  But thats sort of why I like this place, its the only place I post online, cuz I know I can just relax and write how I want.  This is just something I do for a giggle in my spare time, if I had to put so much forethought into it I'd probably just end up not bothering.  In the same way I'd probably avoid talking to someone at any great length socially speaking if I thought speaking freely would potentially offend them.