Sign in to follow this  
bucket13

Final Fantasy

Any fans of the series? I've played just about every FF there is and I think it's the greatest RPG ever made. Of course the "holy trinity" games are the best (7, 8, & 9) but the others were phenomenal in their own right. Personally I thought they kind of fell off after 10 I think they went in a direction that made it a bit tacky and forced. Fortunately Elder Scrolls took over the FF market on PS4 but you can't deny the impact FF had on gaming. 

By the way I CANNOT wait for the FF7 remake coming next march!!!! 

• GNFNR 1

I’ve always wanted to play a FF game, but the numbers overwhelm me. I don’t really like to start a series at the 7th entry for example. I need to start with the NES games lol.

They always seemed like so much work or required too much investment.  I hear great things but could never be bothered to devote the time it required to play them.  I suppose that goes with all RPGs.  The lone exception would be the Zelda series, particularly Ocarina of Time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, downzy said:

They always seemed like so much work or required too much investment.  I hear great things but could never be bothered to devote the time it required to play them.  I suppose that goes with all RPGs.  The lone exception would be the Zelda series, particularly Ocarina of Time.

I love RPGs, my problem is just finishing them due to a lack of time. The story really has to engross me.

12 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’ve always wanted to play a FF game, but the numbers overwhelm me. I don’t really like to start a series at the 7th entry for example. I need to start with the NES games lol.

You don't need to play the series in order at all, they're standalone stories independent from each other.

Final Fantasy VIII is beloved by me and had a huge impact in my childhood, really looking forward to the remaster tbh and hopefully eventually a full remake. I adore FFIX which is my 2nd favourite.

I've never actually played FFVII(I resent it for overshadowing VIII and it's old graphics are horrendous) but the remake looks amazing but I'm quite pessimistic about it's episodic format.

• Thanks 1

the music in these games is phenomenal. particularily 7, 9 and 10.

melodies of life is such a wonderfull song

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Why has nobody mentioned Final Fantasy VI yet? Arguably the best one. Probably one of the best soundtracks as well.

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

Remake is looking good

Yeah it looks terrific tbh. Will be stoked if others particularly FF8 gets the same treatment.

On 9/17/2019 at 12:42 AM, moreblack said:

Remake is looking good

Yes I am thoroughly looking forward to the FF7R! Only a few more months to go!

Loved FFVII when I was a kid. Recently played it again, the blocky graphics doesn't bother me at all. Still a great game. I never liked FFVIII. The design, characters and shattered story didn't appeal to me. I haven't played any of the games after FFIX (which I love). The characters, story and design doesn't appeal to me at all, just seems bland and tacky. 

My favorite of them all is FFVI, followed by FFVII and FFIX. The remake of VII seems ok, I guess. I still prefer the design of the original, the remake seems quite cheesy. The series never gained from using voice actors. Quite the contrary IMO.