Final Fantasy

bucket13

Any fans of the series? I've played just about every FF there is and I think it's the greatest RPG ever made. Of course the "holy trinity" games are the best (7, 8, & 9) but the others were phenomenal in their own right. Personally I thought they kind of fell off after 10 I think they went in a direction that made it a bit tacky and forced. Fortunately Elder Scrolls took over the FF market on PS4 but you can't deny the impact FF had on gaming. 

By the way I CANNOT wait for the FF7 remake coming next march!!!! 

They always seemed like so much work or required too much investment.  I hear great things but could never be bothered to devote the time it required to play them.  I suppose that goes with all RPGs.  The lone exception would be the Zelda series, particularly Ocarina of Time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, downzy said:

They always seemed like so much work or required too much investment.  I hear great things but could never be bothered to devote the time it required to play them.  I suppose that goes with all RPGs.  The lone exception would be the Zelda series, particularly Ocarina of Time.

I love RPGs, my problem is just finishing them due to a lack of time. The story really has to engross me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Loved FFVII when I was a kid. Recently played it again, the blocky graphics doesn't bother me at all. Still a great game. I never liked FFVIII. The design, characters and shattered story didn't appeal to me. I haven't played any of the games after FFIX (which I love). The characters, story and design doesn't appeal to me at all, just seems bland and tacky. 

My favorite of them all is FFVI, followed by FFVII and FFIX. The remake of VII seems ok, I guess. I still prefer the design of the original, the remake seems quite cheesy. The series never gained from using voice actors. Quite the contrary IMO.