Has anyone been to successfully buy a pit ticket for a NA NITL show (17-19) from Ticketmaster.

43 minutes ago, lafemmeonachair said:

Every since the arena run in 17 I haven't been able to  successfully get pit tickets for any NA when the first go on sale. So I was curious what have been others experience in getting tickets. Do I just have rotten luck?

Same here. I haven’t been able to since the 16’ stadium leg

Yes, several times. St. Louis (2017), Chicago Soldier Field day 2 (2016), and Chicago United Center 2017. Copped through presale though. And not with the Nightrain membership. That only worked successfully for me once (as far as pit goes).

The arena pits are VERY small. That's probably why it's so difficult.

Near where I live in 2017 pit tickets for duff's side was 600 and Slash side was not available at all, until 3 weeks before the show. They went on sale and price dropped to $275 or so. So I called Ticketmaster and swapped my seat for a pit ticket. Was pretty awesome! Dave Grohl showed up. Good times.

Edited by 31illusions

57 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Near where I live in 2017 pit tickets for duff's side was 600 and Slash side was not available at all, until 3 weeks before the show. They went on sale and price dropped to $275 or so. So I called Ticketmaster and swapped my seat for a pit ticket. Was pretty awesome! Dave Grohl showed up. Good times.

Pit tickets were never that expensive. There were always around $250-275 for that leg of the tour. If you saw them for $600, that was either "platinum" ticket prices or the VIP packages.

4 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Are you attending the OKC show?

4 hours ago, 31illusions said:

For some of the European shows I managed to get Golden Circle pretty easily (Stockholm, Tallinn, Prague, Paris). For Toronto my mate and I had a tough time getting anything, we ended up having to settle for upper bowl. Luckily, on the night when we printed out our tickets, we saw we'd been upgraded to lower bowl, even though the upper bowl had people in it (I guess it was a thank you for buying from Nightrain, the one year I had a membership :P ).

Yeah. I've done Europe and Asia shows with no problem getting Pitt. But it's like Ticketmaster horads the pit tickets. I went to a few arena shows and it seemed the pit was always only half full.  Now for every show this year pit is sold out or $600 "platinum ". I just wondering if anyone was able to get regular $250 pit for this year 

1 hour ago, lafemmeonachair said:

Yeah. I've done Europe and Asia shows with no problem getting Pitt. But it's like Ticketmaster horads the pit tickets. I went to a few arena shows and it seemed the pit was always only half full.  Now for every show this year pit is sold out or $600 "platinum ". I just wondering if anyone was able to get regular $250 pit for this year 

When no one buys those platinum tickets, they go back down to regular pricing. I just keep checking back to see if pit ever opens up.

19 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Pit tickets were never that expensive. There were always around $250-275 for that leg of the tour. If you saw them for $600, that was either "platinum" ticket prices or the VIP packages.

I clearly posted they went on "sale" at 275 (both sides) and yes they were around 500-600 at first. Then it dropped.

16 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Of course. All ready to go!

Edited by 31illusions

45 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

I clearly posted they went on "sale" at 275 (both sides) and yes they were around 500-600 at first. Then it dropped.

Of course. All ready to go!

Face value was never that high for pit tickets during that leg of the tour though. It isn't a sale to price them at face value ($250/275). Ticketmaster/Live Nation sets aside tickets as "platinum" and prices them at what they call "true value." When they don't sell at their supposedly "market rate" pricing, then they revert back to selling them for the same price as the rest of the tickets. It's basically, like, legal scalping, this dynamic pricing nonsense.

Edited by GnR Chris

51 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Face value was never that high for pit tickets during that leg of the tour though. It isn't a sale to price them at face value ($250/275). Ticketmaster/Live Nation sets aside tickets as "platinum" and prices them at what they call "true value." When they don't sell at their supposedly "market rate" pricing, then they revert back to selling them for the same price as the rest of the tickets. It's basically, like, legal scalping, this dynamic pricing nonsense.

You do very well at reiterating the same thing I posted. When a Platinum ticket is all you can buy in the pit section that means you can't even buy one for 250-275. So, Just wait. When no one pays their overblown price they lower it to a more reasonable rate. I get it/ we get it. We're both right.

Edited by 31illusions
  • Like 1