Axl Rose Anxiety Revelation (ARAR)

Axl's Agony Aunt

I, Axl's Agony Aunt, diagnose Axl with High Functioning Anxiety.

After many long arduous years of studying Axl Rose's behaviour, the breakthrough arrived this morning... with this article:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/mindandbody/how-to-tell-if-youve-got-high-functioning-anxiety/ar-AAFKACz?ocid=spartanntp

"High functioning anxiety is a form of anxiety where the person living with the condition can find themselves constantly looking for perfection in everything they do,"

I watched an interview with Daniel Johns yesterday and I couldn't help but think of Axl. Like Axl he has had mental problems throughout his life, and he talked about being diagnosed with an anxiety disorder recently. He also talks about being prolific when it comes down to songwriting, having written many albums that he never released, but not being very prolific when it comes down to releasing his music, but being very selective. Writing music is very personal, some artists have no problem releasing everything they create, while others are very selective for different reasons and having the hardest time releasing something that is so personal to them. I guess there will always be ignorant idiots on a forum calling them lazy without knowing anything about it.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

I don't see how anyone can say what illness anyone has without really know them in person.

Most of us strive for perfection, so that's very common.

I just think Axl was young and with the drugs and all the stress he behaved irrationally like most young people would do. He's older now and more settled in life and I'm sure whatever his mental problems are or were, he's gotten help with.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Rovim said:

I, Francisco Garcia Martinez Botella Bosque Pedro Lopez Rovim the third, diagnose this diagnose as pure bullshit based on your unfounded opinion derived from an MSN article you've happened to stumble upon after years of making uneducated guesses about a person you don't even know.

I, Axl's one and only agony aunt, diagnose you, Francisco Garcia Martinez Botella Bosque Pedro Lopez Rovim the third, as lacking a sense of humour; of the sarcastic self-parody style anyway!

Either I'm getting better at this agony aunting, or you're not as complex as ol' Rosie!

Seems Tool had similar experience to Axl/Guns making new album, and some fans even made death threats! Article in Metal Hammer and this from LouderSound website:

Tool received death threats from fans over delays in upcoming album Fear Inoculum, the band have revealed in the latest issue of Metal Hammer.

"I felt bad for [Maynard James Keenan]," drummer Danny Carey says in an exclusive interview. "He even told me he was getting death threats from these idiots out there.

"They just have no idea what our work ethic is. These things don’t happen, man. There’s no other record that’s going to sound like this Tool record."

The band also reveal that the delays were due, in part, to unusually high standards when creating the new album – with guitarist Adam Jones stating he lived by the mantra "It’s not good when it’s done, it’s done when it’s good" during the recording process.

"What you hear is what you get, and what you get is what it takes to get it done," adds Carey. 

"It’s not an easy process. I was ready to split up and go, ‘Well if you guys can’t commit to this, I’m just going to play with other people'".

https://www.loudersound.com/news/tool-we-received-death-threats-over-album-delay

34 minutes ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Seems Tool had similar experience to Axl/Guns making new album, and some fans even made death threats! Article in Metal Hammer and this from LouderSound website:

Tool received death threats from fans over delays in upcoming album Fear Inoculum, the band have revealed in the latest issue of Metal Hammer.

"I felt bad for [Maynard James Keenan]," drummer Danny Carey says in an exclusive interview. "He even told me he was getting death threats from these idiots out there.

"They just have no idea what our work ethic is. These things don’t happen, man. There’s no other record that’s going to sound like this Tool record."

The band also reveal that the delays were due, in part, to unusually high standards when creating the new album – with guitarist Adam Jones stating he lived by the mantra "It’s not good when it’s done, it’s done when it’s good" during the recording process.

"What you hear is what you get, and what you get is what it takes to get it done," adds Carey. 

"It’s not an easy process. I was ready to split up and go, ‘Well if you guys can’t commit to this, I’m just going to play with other people'".

https://www.loudersound.com/news/tool-we-received-death-threats-over-album-delay

I just don't buy it. So they haven't released an album in 13 years mainly cause they are just so damn perfectionists? no album should take that long to make. Also it's impossible for us to know exactly how much time they spent actually working on it and not watching Avengers movies and making shitty wine.

If you labor over it too much for more than 4 or 5 years to me it either means you're lazy, not talented enough to deliver, artistically insecure , or the well has dried up.

Tool is one of the most pretentious bands ever so it makes sense. Axl didn't have all the key members in his band like Tool and now I believe it's too late for Slash and Duff to have any influence on him when it comes to hurrying the fuck up. They had some influence in the UYI era but that was a long ass time ago.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I just don't buy it. So they haven't released an album in 13 years mainly cause they are just so damn perfectionists? no album should take that long to make. Also it's impossible for us to know exactly how much time they spent actually working on it and not watching Avengers movies and making shitty wine.

If you labor over it too much for more than 4 or 5 years to me it either means you're lazy, not talented enough to deliver, artistically insecure , or the well has dried up.

Tool is one of the most pretentious bands ever so it makes sense. Axl didn't have all the key members in his band like Tool and now I believe it's too late for Slash and Duff to have any influence on him when it comes to hurrying the fuck up. They had some influence in the UYI era but that was a long ass time ago.

I agree, and think it must be that 'the well has dried up'.

I've never really followed or listened to Tool.

Death threats seems a bit extreme, and it's up to bands if they release material.

I think it's better they take time, or don't release anything, than just release stuff they're not happy with for money. 

Fans getting angry if they think the band is leading them on, just to sell merchandise or old records, is justified, but death threats is too severe; but probably just empty social media threats anyway!

Edited by Axl's Agony Aunt
justification

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2019 at 3:11 AM, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Well, that's just crazy. I can see a fan wanting new music from a fave band but to send them death threats for taking too long. That's very obssessive and not good for anyone. lol

• GNFNR 1

On 14-8-2019 at 12:37 PM, Len Cnut said:

OR...he’s just a bellend.

If I ever need a shrink, I'm calling you Leonard.

On 14-8-2019 at 1:11 PM, Gracii Guns said:

Come on, this isn't 2002. Back then Axl had cornrows and cosmetic surgery which were perfectly fine attributes to mock

:lol::lol::lol: 

It's funny because it's true. 

If I ever need a shrink, I'm calling you Leonard.

What gets me is these guys are all fuckin' crackers...but when its about a pound note suddenly everyones fuckin' all sharp and keen upstairs.  Like Axl, he's fuckin' bi-polar, batshit crazy, bashing his missus up, can't keep his cool, can't show up to gigs, kicking the shit out of the audience, its all to do with his Mum and Dad and background and abuse and all that right?  But he's all there when it comes to the fuckin' paperwork eh?  Suddenly he becomes Mr fuckin' sane.  Jacko was like that too, he's this fuckin' childlike, lives in a bubble, never grew up, excusing every fuckin' thing based on that...but when it comes to fuckin' McCartney and them out of the rights to their tunes he turns proper adult eh?  Business is business all of a sudden and all that never never land bollocks goes right out the fuckin' kitchen window.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

What gets me is these guys are all fuckin' crackers...but when its about a pound note suddenly everyones fuckin' all sharp and keen upstairs.  Like Axl, he's fuckin' bi-polar, batshit crazy, bashing his missus up, can't keep his cool, can't show up to gigs, kicking the shit out of the audience, its all to do with his Mum and Dad and background and abuse and all that right?  But he's all there when it comes to the fuckin' paperwork eh?  Suddenly he becomes Mr fuckin' sane.  Jacko was like that too, he's this fuckin' childlike, lives in a bubble, never grew up, excusing every fuckin' thing based on that...but when it comes to fuckin' McCartney and them out of the rights to their tunes he turns proper adult eh?  Business is business all of a sudden and all that never never land bollocks goes right out the fuckin' kitchen window.

Maybe because they are not completely bonkers, crazy lunatics who can't write and think properly or tie their shoe laces, but suffers from other types of mental illnesses that doesn't affect all aspects of their behaviour, or even all them time. Like bipolar, it means you just suffers from cyclic mood swings, right, and with Axl it seems like he also suffers (or suffered) from a lack of impulse control. That doesn't even have to have a disgnosis (unless being a shithead is a diagnosis). Doesn't mean he can't sit down and do his finances like any A4 guy. My point is, mental issues aren't as caricatured as you make it seem like. Undeniably crazy fuckers like Ted Bundy also probably did mundane, boring everyday things without people taking notice of it, without it screaming "I am INSAAAAAANE!!!", yet he was certifiably fucked inside. 

• GNFNR 1

24 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Maybe because they are not completely bonkers, crazy lunatics who can't write and think properly or tie their shoe laces, but suffers from other types of mental illnesses that doesn't affect all aspects of their behaviour, or even all them time. Like bipolar, it means you just suffers from cyclic mood swings, right, and with Axl it seems like he also suffers (or suffered) from a lack of impulse control. That doesn't even have to have a disgnosis (unless being a shithead is a diagnosis). Doesn't mean he can't sit down and do his finances like any A4 guy. My point is, mental issues aren't as caricatured as you make it seem like. Undeniably crazy fuckers like Ted Bundy also probably did mundane, boring everyday things without people taking notice of it, without it screaming "I am INSAAAAAANE!!!", yet he was certifiably fucked inside. 

Yeah, funny that, it only seems to effect them when they need an excuse for being a cunt. 

• Like 1

It's not all black or white, though. There are people locked in an asylum who throw their shit at the wall and piss their pants every day and probably can't function normally in any possible way. Unless you think throwing shit is normal. I'm looking at you, Len.

But you probably also have people like Axl who get their moodswings and go bananas, but might be perfectly normal the next day and able to make a great business deal. Or you can be a loony and still have a great business sense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, Axl did not seem to have a very good business sense when he was nuts imo. He made the ISE vid he knew was unfit for mtv (if one can believe that by comparison to today’s vids!), didn’t want to do the Aerosmith tour, spent all the UYI monies on party’s, million dollar videos and over time fines. Then he used SIDHY as the lead single for the “punk” album. Then he broke up the band over staffing and contract failures.

all the while he was an artist, railing against the man.

now he does the mans bidding and is a muted version of his former self whose tours are largely designed by and executed by LN. He is an entertainer. A Budweiser spokesman.

both Axls sound mad to me :lol:

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

It's not all black or white, though. There are people locked in an asylum who throw their shit at the wall and piss their pants every day and probably can't function normally in any possible way. Unless you think throwing shit is normal. I'm looking at you, Len.

But you probably also have people like Axl who get their moodswings and go bananas, but might be perfectly normal the next day and able to make a great business deal. Or you can be a loony and still have a great business sense. 

I understand all that, my point basically is that their instances of mental illness seem to be fortuitously focused, relatively speaking. 

On 04/09/2019 at 4:01 PM, Len Cnut said:

I understand all that, my point basically is that their instances of mental illness seem to be fortuitously focused, relatively speaking. 

No, I think you're making that link Len.

I think Axl said he didn't want to bring his bipolar diagnosis into it, because then people use that to blame you, and say it's all your fault. 

As Soon said, I think he's just matured over his life, probably stung into focus by being sued all the time, and realising he could be back on the streets!

As Soon also said, this means he's watered down from an interesting rock star to an average commercial artist.

Kind of like a wild young footballer who did crazy things that paid off with goals but also cost goals; and a hot temperament that got him sent off; becoming a solid model professional, but relatively boring, later in his career; or in management - Roy Keane, Joey Barton, Alan Smith etc in mind, but not practise!?

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

No I'm not, I'm saying he's a blagging ginger bastard with nothing wrong with him a good kicking wouldn't solve.

You stole my prognosis! I've been saving it to wheedle more money out of him!

Following Greta around the world isn't cheap, but it does help when she comes to UK/USA. 

I was thinking after posting the football analogy, that internationally, Maradona is quite an apt comparison, with the early promise mixed with controversy, and then weight and social/legal problems.