Duff- GQ (UK version) interview (decent too)

I think Axl will put out a book. 

I just have this feeling he'll get that late in life urge to set the record straight from his point of view. Once your world starts shrinking with advancing age... it'd be tough to resist. 

2 hours ago, Ant said:

I think Axl will put out a book. 

I just have this feeling he'll get that late in life urge to set the record straight from his point of view. Once your world starts shrinking with advancing age... it'd be tough to resist. 

I think once axl retires gnr it will happen.

3 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I wonder if he really believes it when he says Axl never just phones it in? I mean, that's pretty much all Axl's done since 2011.

Yea, LOL. 😂 

But jokes aside, can you imagine the pressure and anxiety/uneasiness people around Axl have to bee feeling when talking with/about him (in interviews, in this case)? One ambiguous word, or look, and the rest is history. 

1 minute ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Yea, LOL. 😂 

But jokes aside, can you imagine the pressure and anxiety/uneasiness people around Axl have to bee feeling when talking with/about him (in interviews, in this case)? One ambiguous word, or look, and the rest is history. 

You think? I can't imagine Duff or Slash lose too much sleep over it.

Other bands have the pressure of writing new songs and meeting deadlines and rehearsing and performing new material. All Slash and Duff have to do at this stage is not talk shit about Axl in interviews and turn up to the gigs to play the same guitar/bass parts they've been doing since 1987. I'd say that's a low pressure job.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Towelie said:

You think? I can't imagine Duff or Slash lose too much sleep over it.

Other bands have the pressure of writing new songs and meeting deadlines and rehearsing and performing new material. All Slash and Duff have to do at this stage is not talk shit about Axl in interviews and turn up to the gigs to play the same guitar/bass parts they've been doing since 1987. I'd say that's a low pressure job.

Noooo...no sleep loss. Just self medicate it with 1 or 2 gallons of vodka everyday. 

And yea, I'm pretty positive they still feel some of the jitters. Or at least have some bad memories LOL

12 hours ago, Towelie said:

I wonder if he really believes it when he says Axl never just phones it in? I mean, that's pretty much all Axl's done since 2011.

There is no way he can believe that.  I think that Duff and Slash are probably thrilled to get back on the GNR roster and the paycheck and the limelight and all, but at the end of the day some of their musical integrity has taken a major hit by comments like that as well sharing the same stage as the Mickey performances (aka pacing himself).  And you can't get that back.  Not at this stage of their careers.

• Like 3