Cass

GNR references in pop cultutre

On 10. 11. 2019 at 6:52 PM, UcudBmine said:

There's a TV show about a young Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory. His older brother has a poster of 90's Axl on his bedroom wall.

I’ve googled it, and it’s apparently a Rio 91 picture I haven’t seen before. There’s another picture next to it with someone who theoretically could be BBF, not sure. The kid is also wearing a GN’R t-shirt on other images. I would post a link, but it’s from gnrcentral and I believe we’re not supposed to post their links here. Just google "young sheldon axl rose poster" and switch to images. Nice find.

In around 90 or 91 the British children's comic The Beano had a strip about naughty boys called The Bash Street Kids, and one of them professed a liking for GnR.

rBMzP2I.png

The brazilian animated cartoon X-Coração(X-Heart), is a rock based cartoon with many rock references. In this image we see a poster featuring Guns N' Roses Axl Rose, Slash and Matt Sorum, the character laying in the bed is called Alex and is probably a Axl Rose reference.

Edited by MrSpaghetti

jSen2Hv.jpg

In GTA Vice City we have a character called Dick from the fictional band Love Fist, he is the drummer.

Edited by MrSpaghetti

In GTA San Andreas we have Tommy 'The Nightmare" Smith a ex vocalist of a famous rock band, with a now unsuccessful music carrer he starts working on radio.

He is voiced by Axl Rose.

Edited by MrSpaghetti

In GTA San Andreas we have again a Axl Rose reference, a biker NPC. It's unclear if it's really a reference but he looks similar to Axl.

ximtrNI.jpg

Edited by MrSpaghetti

Caught a butchered SCOM snippet in an operator ad (either Vodafone or O2) on TV yesterday at my grandma's. Wtf.