New Tool record help push GNR in any way?

jerry

Now that Tool is about to release a new record end of this month I was wondering if that would have any impact on GNR. Most here probably like or at least respect Tool and probably have heard the new track. If the new record turns out to be as great as Tool fans hope would Axl and company feel any pressure or any extra incentive to deliver new music sooner rather than later? Axl was seen at a Tool concert in the 90’s probably has liked or has had respect for the band. Would he and the band feel any more or less obligation to make a record that would be in the same conversation as a Tool record?

I’ve heard writers, critics at the time say Aerosmith and Motley Crue felt they had to step up their game with Pump and Dr Feelgood because GNR was killing it at the time with Appetite. 

If GNR releases something soon it could be great time for music especially for me with my 2 favorite bands releasing new music I know I’ve been starving for. I’ll get ripped for this post and why it’s here in the first place but I love both bands 

Any thoughts on this? 

In an ideal world, Axl would take notice of the hype around Tool's new release and realized that the hype for a new GN'R record would be twice as big and maybe be inspired to release some material. Realistically though, I don't think he gives much of a shit about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

I don't know why I found that funny. 

I don't know why this question should be funny at all. He played synths on the track Third Eye and was recording something with them two years ago.

• Like 1

Uh.... knowing Axl's history, I don't think Tool releasing an album now would do much for Axl's motivations, but at the same time, I think Axl has been a little more motivated by the return of Duff and Slash to the band. Also, the great reception this semi-reunion had among the fans..... so.... if that doesn't motivate him to go forward with new music, I really don't know what would... :shrugs:

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/08/2019 at 1:31 PM, Sosso said:

I don't know why this question should be funny at all. He played synths on the track Third Eye and was recording something with them two years ago.

Now that I did not know.

There's a few killer synth parts on the album actually, I thought maybe Danny was dabbling on the instrument but it could well be Pitman.

Do you have a source regarding him working with them two years ago? I'd like to read about it.