Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

4 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

If the band notices it then maybe they will perform it 

There's no way they're going to reward us for illegally downloading a decades old song they never wanted to release by performing it live. Never. Going. To. Happen.

It's not 2006 anymore.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Maybe not but it's honestly weird that everything except the parts that leaked earlier sounds bad. And listen to the "all in good faith" -part. Axl's voice changes there suddenly to a much more autotuned voice. It's just very weird to me that as soon as the earlier leaked demo snippet ends, Axl's voice changes so drastically to autotune. Why would they do that? It just screams fake, but I don't know. If it's fake it's very well made that's for sure.

Also the "what we had" part on verse 2 sounds exactly like the "what we had"-part in verse 1, like it's copy pasted. All in all there's not that much new vocals here and the new vocals sound more edited than the vocals from the earlier leaks. At some parts it sounds like an evader remix honestly. Instrumentally it's absolutely terrible, except the parts that had leaked earlier.

The parts that leaked earlier sound like one of the best GNR songs ever and all the new parts here sound like the worst GNR song ever honestly. And because the new vocals sound so edited and copy pasted it makes me sceptical. But it could very well be a rough demo. I don't really care. All I know is that the only parts that sound any good to me are the parts that had leaked earlier. :shrugs:

I can't believe I dislike this more than DieselDaisy. What's going on in this world? :blink:

But you know it is named „Rough Mix” right? You think that every song they record is perfectly mixed from the start? 

Of course it’s real lol. It’s more of a prototype than a song but this is not fake

Also... am I the only person who actually like the intro?

That is a song that Slash would be able to do wonders on I think. It’s a bit like Going Down, the solo doesn’t really fit the song IMO and as much shit as I give Slash, I reckon he’d be able to do something that fits the style of the song.

I’m on the drink. That might not make sense

So buzzing this has come out.

ATLAS NEXT

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

I can just see the look of bewilderment on the stadiums face when they open with Hard School. Maybe they should close with The Plague as well?

Same when they opened with Perfect Crime or Door to Hell in 1991. Pretty good ithink.... or Pretty tied up in ROCK IN RIO with 100k ppl in front

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

I can just see the look of bewilderment on the stadiums face when they open with Hard School. Maybe they should close with The Plague as well?

Same when they opened with Perfect Crime or Door to Hell in 1991. Pretty good ithink.... or Pretty tied up in ROCK IN RIO with 100k ppl in front

I'm getting confused, IF the tune is about slash then why was it (possibly) started why he was still in the band, if it was worked on for the Jakie Chan movie then hopefully a work in progress version of the UYI lineup playing it. If it is about Slash I wonder will it be missed out on if it is being considered for a possible new GNR album 

1 minute ago, sl4yer said:

But you know it is named „Rough Mix” right? You think that every song they record is perfectly mixed from the start? 

I do know what a rough mix is. I don't think every song is perfectly mixed from the start.

2 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Of course it’s real lol.

Why? Don't you think it's at all suspicious that Axl's voice changes to some weird autotuned voice right when the earlier leaked snippet ends? I'm talking about the "all in good faith" -part.

18 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Of course it’s real lol. It’s more of a prototype than a song but this is not fake

Also... am I the only person who actually like the intro?

Nope, you're not the only one. I like it, too. 

This song for sure has a more true "demo" vibe, less polished both songwriting and mix-wise compared to for example the demos of the CD tracks we got circa 06/07 which were essentially ready for release

I still can't believe we finally got the full version of the 16 second clip that was so mysterious and mythical at this point lol it is a trip that in 2019 some of those old nuGNR mysteries are being unearthed

31 minutes ago, ; D said:

I'm getting confused, IF the tune is about slash then why was it (possibly) started why he was still in the band, if it was worked on for the Jakie Chan movie then hopefully a work in progress version of the UYI lineup playing it. If it is about Slash I wonder will it be missed out on if it is being considered for a possible new GNR album 

It's possible that the basic musical composition originates from when Slash was still in the band - probably without his involvement - and the lyrics were written later. Slash, Duff, Zakk Wylde etc have said that Axl hadn't written any lyrics during that time, or at least he hadn't done any vocals. Even Axl himself has said that he had a writer's block then.

this has to be the longest period of time we have ever had between a clip of a song leaking and a full version of the song leaking.

if atlas turns up I might have a stroke (and i'm not saying what kind).

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It's possible that the basic musical composition originates from when Slash was still in the band - probably without his involvement - and the lyrics were written later. Slash, Duff, Zakk Wylde etc have said that Axl hadn't written any lyrics during that time, or at least he hadn't done any vocals. Even Axl himself has said that he had a writer's block then.

Even when Robin left, he said most of Axls songs didnt have lyrics