Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I like the intro on the demo but it's too long. Chinese Democracy has the same issue, and luckily the NITL line-up cut it down to the 3.5 minute rocker that it's supposed to be. The new intro to Hardschool sounds a lot more 'classic Guns' IMO. I'm curious to hear how Frank sounds on the studio version.

I think Chinese Democracy could have had Atlas on it if not for all the super long intros. The one on Riad is so dumb just like the song Riad. I still 12 years later cannot believe Riad and Scraped made the final album. They are both such garbage tracks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arnuld said:

I think Chinese Democracy could have had Atlas on it if not for all the super long intros. The one on Riad is so dumb just like the song Riad. I still 12 years later cannot believe Riad and Scraped made the final album. They are both such garbage tracks. 

Of course the theory was that not all the ‘top tier’ songs were included as there were supposed to be follow ups. If the ‘CD2’ track list was legit then you would see Atlas etc on there (songs much better than Scraped).

I personally really like Riad! 😂

23 minutes ago, Sledge said:

If there's a new intro as a possibility to be premiered... Would that not be proof slash has recorded new parts?

Or that they had 3 rehearsals in which Slash and Duff gave HS the 'Better' live treatment. 😁 Really hard to speculate on this one, I guess. I hope the rumors are true, however. 

17 hours ago, axljungle said:

I didn't hear the rehearsal but I like the Hardschool intro. For me had crescendo, the problem is that is a demo and it seems an unfinished track.

Me too, I love the Hardschool intro as it does build up then busts into a very cool song. I hope they leave it as it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

'Riad' like a few others on the album, suffers from over production.

The Village Locker versions is so much better.

11 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Sooooo true, so much better.

I like both TBH. Mental to think the added intro on the album version got them sued - it really wasn’t needed. Chin Dem is the one track that REALLY improves from the stripped back approach on the demos. And I like the original.

1 hour ago, Sledge said:

If there's a new intro as a possibility to be premiered... Would that not be proof slash has recorded new parts?

I think so, yes. 

1 hour ago, Gaanzer said:

Or that they had 3 rehearsals in which Slash and Duff gave HS the 'Better' live treatment. 😁 Really hard to speculate on this one, I guess. I hope the rumors are true, however. 

Better was already released. Hard School would certainly be another context for sure. 

The constant letdowns from the band and pessimistic views of the fans are kinda avoiding the logical outcome. I am 100% sure Slash (and Duff) recorded new parts. I don't know how this is that hard to believe, as Slash said many times he was working on GNR recordings and this is the only "new" song that we have evidence that it would be debuted live. 

Does this mean a new album will be released? No. Doesn't mean it won't too. We had a lot of proof that Axl does work in the studio, hence the Village leaks. To actually release it is another thing, sure. But it happens sometimes. :)

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I think so, yes. 

Better was already released. Hard School would certainly be another context for sure. 

The constant letdowns from the band and pessimistic views of the fans are kinda avoiding the logical outcome. I am 100% sure Slash (and Duff) recorded new parts. I don't know how this is that hard to believe, as Slash said many times he was working on GNR recordings and this is the only "new" song that we have evidence that it would be debuted live. 

Does this mean a new album will be released? No. Doesn't mean it won't too. We had a lot of proof that Axl does work in the studio, hence the Village leaks. To actually release it is another thing, sure. But it happens sometimes. :)

100% agree. And add in Slash’s comment recently regarding getting his AFD guitar out of storage for ‘studio work with Guns’ is also very clear.

Its just the release part.....and fairly sure they wouldn’t be mucking about with stuff if there was no plan to release. Yeah there may be issues (contracts etc) but I really do think there is more positives than negatives here.

• Like 1

I like the overall sound of Hard School, but I think the intro is a little long and kind of dull.  Seems like everything he did during that time had these long drawn out intros.  It works on Chinese Democracy but not as much on Hard School.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I like both TBH. Mental to think the added intro on the album version got them sued - it really wasn’t needed. Chin Dem is the one track that REALLY improves from the stripped back approach on the demos. And I like the original.

Huh - Have I missed something? :o

Edit: Are you talking about Better or Riad? 

Edited by Sosso

28 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Huh - Have I missed something? :o

Edit: Are you talking about Better or Riad? 

Riad - pretty sure the echoey intro on the album version was subject to a lawsuit paid out of court. Think it was a Pittman addition.....

Im sure someone will tell me if I have got that all wrong!

7 hours ago, Gaanzer said:

Fair point. 

3 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Riad - pretty sure the echoey intro on the album version was subject to a lawsuit paid out of court. Think it was a Pittman addition.....

That’s correct. They ripped that intro off from a German techno artist named Ulrich Schnauss.

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Pitman was not named in the lawsuit. 

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Pitman was not named in the lawsuit. 

Fair doos - I was sure it was him. I wonder who DID add it!

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Safe to say the album version of HS will not have the long intro. And before anyone asks, no, I have not heard the final album cut yet. Just stating this based on what I have been informed elsewhere. 

Might as well ask - in terms of what you have heard elsewhere, anything else of note about the new material you can share?

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Fair doos - I was sure it was him. I wonder who DID add it!

Might as well ask - in terms of what you have heard elsewhere, anything else of note about the new material you can share?

Will be a mix of old and new material. Don’t really know if this is “newsworthy” since all of that information is currently, somewhat, out in the open. 

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Will be a mix of old and new material. Don’t really know if this is “newsworthy” since all of that information is currently, somewhat, out in the open. 

If what you say is true, then I hope Atlas, Berlin, and Soul Monster are among the old songs that survived!