Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

15 minutes ago, AliceJ said:

Someone on reddit is claiming Seven/7 has leaked too. No links or any kind of proof except saying the lyrics are silly but Axl sounds in good shape. I'm guessing there's not much truth to this?

People on reddit and discord make all sorts of claims that aren't true lol. 

• GNFNR 1

29 minutes ago, MrSnake said:

If you had to rank them from best to least favourite, what order would you put them in?

Here's my ranking of the unreleased CD era leaks:

1. Hard school (the original snippet)

short but so good. This song has so much potential.

2. Hard school (the second snippet)

hard to put these two in order of preference, but both sound so amazing.

3. Going Down 

Such a nice and calm song

4. Silkworms

This song gets me pumped. Gnr meets prodigy. I'm a sucker for Axl's industrial shit.

5.This I Love (remix)

Cool version although I prefer the original

6. Atlas Shrugged (snippet)

Has potential. Most likely a good song, but it's the kind of a song that's hard to judge before you've heard the full version.

7. The General (cellphone recording)

Hard to hear anything but what you can hear sounds good. Gotta say that the intro that we've heard makes me more interested about the song than this snippet though.

8. The rest of the remix album is kinda blah.

9. Hardschool (that leaked today)

Everything sounds terrible except the two parts that had leaked earlier. Either a really rough demo or a fake.

My take on this song, 

the intro is a bit meh, it doesn’t really stick in your mind, it’s a bit run of the mill. I feel like it needs something else. 

The chorus while simple works a treat and is classic gnr imo, axl nails the lyrics for the chorus, at 2:22 when it slows down it also has a very gnr feel but I’m not sure if it works that well. 

To be honest the song has some great elements to it and as others have stated already, with slash on it and a bit of polish it’s probably better than anything that made CD. 

If axl does have another 10 or 12 of these with maybe one absolute gem in amongst it, then any album that sees the light of day might just do the catalogue justice after all... 

Im not holding my breath for a release though and if axl is aware of what’s gone down in the last 24 hrs (which I’m sure he is) I bet he’s pissed as hell. 

3 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Just heard jackie chan, so are the lyrics about stephanie or slash?. Song is abit meh.

I think Slash. I think “had to do it your way” references their musical differences during the late 90s, and “too hardschool” is Axl calling out slash for thinking he’s “too cool” or “too old school rock and roll” to embrace the new influences that Axl was trying to embrace at the time like NIN or whatever.

not saying inside with either Axl or Slash on this. Just saying what I think was going on in axl’s head when he was writing these lyrics.

• Like 1

Sounds good to me, Obviously a rough demo....How fucking good is that chorus?!!!?  Its definately got that early newgnr era Axl vocal thing going on. which is so good to hear, The chorus is sung slightly differtently each time, The third time is badass, right after the solo.

The solo sucks and is obviously filler as its a demo. Someone should insert the going down solo in its place and it would fit perfectly

Seems to me it could be about anyone but my money is on it being about Adler....just going off the content.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think Slash. I think “had to do it your way” references their musical differences during the late 90s, and “too hardschool” is Axl calling out slash for thinking he’s “too cool” or “too old school rock and roll” to embrace the new influences that Axl was trying to embrace at the time like NIN or whatever.

not saying inside with either Axl or Slash on this. Just saying what I think was going on in axl’s head when he was writing these lyrics.

Thought it was about slash as well especially with th ast reference "had to do things your way".

Wow I'm so hyped this song is actually out there, I have been kind of busy so haven't been checking the forum much but just checked in and seen this topic. I gotta say I'm liking the song, I think Chinese Democracy as great of an album as it is was missing a track like this. It could do with some polishing which is obvious but all the components are there for a great song for sure. 

11 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Sounds good to me, Obviously a rough demo....How fucking good is that chorus?!!!?  Its definately got that early newgnr era Axl vocal thing going on. which is so good to hear, The chorus is sung slightly differtently each time, The third time is badass, right after the solo.

The solo sucks and is obviously filler as its a demo. Someone should insert the going down solo in its place and it would fit perfectly

Seems to me it could be about anyone but my money is on it being about Adler....just going off the content.

I dont think adler meant much to axl compared to slash.