GNRfanMILO

Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

1 minute ago, Arnuld said:

I liked SOYL as well. I think the guitar and drums on it were redone. HS is definitely better than scraped and Riad. I’d rank it about the same as IRS and a shade better than Shacklers. 

So in terms of cd how much input did axl have with the reccrd company with what songs were to make the album and the track listing?.

3 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

So in terms of cd how much input did axl have with the reccrd company with what songs were to make the album and the track listing?.

I would imagine he had full control over that. I don’t think CD had all of the best songs on it. I think it was planned as a two to three part release. Axl said as much in 2002. Apparently the second part was ready to go in 2010 and the record company did not want to release it then because CD had not done as well as they had hoped. In fact Axl was so pissed he went on Twitter and canceled the European tour scheduled for that summer and then changed his mind and claimed he was hacked. I remember I flipped out because I had a trip planned to Paris to see them. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I liked SOYL as well. I think the guitar and drums on it were redone. HS is definitely better than scraped and Riad. I’d rank it about the same as IRS and a shade better than Shacklers. 

I would say it's better than IRS but not in the same league as Shacklers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I would say it's better than IRS but not in the same league as Shacklers.

I really love the Chorus on Shacklers. But I always found it a bit too Nu Metal. Plus Ron’s solo is ridiculous. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I really love the Chorus on Shacklers. But I always found it a bit too Nu Metal. Plus Ron’s solo is ridiculous. 

Ridiculous in a good way. But then I love Ron's wacky shit.

Hoping for The General & Atlas to leak. Probably listened to Hardschool around 20 times now haha. Kinda sad that we the fans have to rely on songs to leak in order to get new music.

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I have to laugh when I see people critiquing the solo. If you were told it was Slash, you'd be praising it. 

what? no. everyone agrees that slashs solos on CD tracks are pointless. its clearly not his cup of tea. i only like his TWAT interpretation. Cause instead of two players Slash is playing the whole thing, which is much cooler.

HS would have been a better track with only 1 chorus and a one take recording.

as someone mentioned: it sounds like a frankenstein glued song...once again. i'm not comparing it to old GnR. Lets compare it to Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Korn, etc...and they simply glued their NuMetal stuff better. gimme a nuGnR 'freak on a leash' and i would be fine. but it simply does not excist.

Edited by Creed

(Verse 1)
All cautions made
Every chance was given
No efforts spared
To save what we had
All in good faith
I would not hesitate
To extend myself
And lend you my hand

(Chorus)
But you had to be cool
And do it your way
Had to be a fool
And throw it all away
Too hard school
And thought you were here to stay
If it were true
It wouldn't matter anyway

(Verse 2)
As tempers fade
And lies forgiven
No????
To break what we had
In its place
A storm lived in
And I thought you could be more of a man

(Chorus)
But you had to be cool
And do it your way
Had to be a fool
And throw it all away
Too hard school
If it were true

Solo

(Chorus 2x)
But you had to be cool
And do it your way
Had to be a fool
And throw it all away
To our school
If it were true

A very average song that from a very average era, don't care much for it. 

I like the vocals but that's about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

I like it, but I must say:

Shadow Of Your Love 2018 >> Hard School

Agreed

This song is cool, but I expected more based on the previous clip. With a bit more work and some rethinking of certain transitions it would be an amazing song. And Slash of course.

4 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

(Verse 1)
All cautions made
Every chance was given
No efforts spared
To save what we had
All in good faith
I would not hesitate
To extend myself
And lend you my hand

(Chorus)
But you had to be cool
And do it your way
Had to be a fool
And throw it all away
Too hard school
If it were true

(Verse 2)
As tempers fade
And lies forgiven
No????
To break what we had
In its place
A storm lived in
And I thought you could be more of a man

(Chorus)
But you had to be cool
And do it your way
Had to be a fool
And throw it all away
Too hard school
If it were true

Solo

(Chorus 2x)
But you had to be cool
And do it your way
Had to be a fool
And throw it all away
To our school
If it were true

I reckon he says "play it cool" 

but you had to play it cool

had to do it your way

had to be a fool

had to throw it all away

to hard school

and you thought you were here to stay

if that was true it wouldn't matter anyway

Edited by megaguns1982
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

I reckon he says "play it cool" 

I thought i heard that to.

3 hours ago, kever20 said:

I was thinking that, or late 80s early 90s Priest. Almost like Nightcrawler in a way.

Yeah I thought it had a Speed Parade vibe to it, & Nightcrawler turned into speed parade

Hard School and the new Tool album both leaking the same day, too much excitement for my ears to handle lol

Axl, if you're reading this I want you to know that the verse and the chorus are superb! The song has potential to be a single even, if it's reworked a bit. Now it kinda falls flat with the guitar solo. It might be a placeholder solo though, I get that. But it wouldn't hurt to make the song a bit longer, add some new lyrics and keep the energy of the song going. This song would really benefit from a rawer and meaner guitar sound also. 

Now that you've talked to Slash and probably understand better why he left the band, this song could tell both sides of the story. The song could be about the confusion and what led to the breakup and how it's all medias fault in the end or what ever. :lol:

• Haha 1

I think its a GREAT demo for Slash to work with.

I also agree that the best parts of the song are those that leaked some time ago ...

Slash can turn this song into a hit

Keep reading people saying that this a rough mix. There’s panning, compression on everything and reverb and what sounds like early 00’s brick wall mastering.  Sounds pretty fleshed out to me. 

• Like 1

Well, I was very antisocial last night with at least one ear bud in at all times :lol:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SilverMachine said:

Keep reading people saying that this a rough mix. There’s panning, compression on everything and reverb and what sounds like early 00’s brick wall mastering.  Sounds pretty fleshed out to me. 

I agree for the most part, with Axls obsessiveness it's a reasonable suggestion that even the demos from that era are almost studio quality.

i remember reading in one of the bios (can't remember which) that the studio back in the late 90s was full of gear for pro tools etc. and slash or duff just said wtf. When it was only to start pre production and demo stuff.

17 minutes ago, SilverMachine said:

Is panning and compression the standard though? Any type of mix would have that. And especially at that level, everything is done to give the artists the best sense of how its coming together. I will say that for a rough mix they did a great job with the drums! Sounds like plenty of work was done, but to my ears there was still quite the ways to go.

• GNFNR 1