Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

Somebody had posted a clip they had done where it was the 36 seconds we had looped in to 3 or 4 minutes. I couldn't wait to hear the rest of it. Turns out we'd heard pretty much all the vocal melody and only got a couple extra verses as far as new lyrics go. I wasn't expecting the rest of the song to sound like it does. Having said that: after obsessively listening to it since I got it( not constantly but a lot of times) I am still really enjoying it. Overall a good song. I personally like Scraped but not Riad. I would have been happy woth it replacing either just to join that discussion lol

• Like 2

Holy shit!!!! This is fantastic.  How is this thing so readily available to download (and linked on this site)?  Is a real album actually coming?

What a great day to be a Guns fan.  Also, a fucking perfect way to start my Labor Day vacation and the "last week" of summer.

Edited by nycgunner
  • GNFNR 1

Axl and all people involved are so full of shit. This should be released long time ago. This track reminds me why I love Axl but also why this band sucks.

It’s a disgrace that we listen to this songs in that quality and form. 

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Finck2006 said:

The first solo I bet Paul Tobias and right after Robin .

The line up should be Ax Tommy Robin Paul Bucket Brain Pitman Reed

Josh freese instead of Brain.

If iremember correctly Brain didnt start recording his drum parts until after Rock in Rio. 

Im sure that he said in an interview that it took months even for him to get the musical sheet music of what Josh played. So i think its highly unlikely that Brain had all the drums done by August 2000

3 hours ago, The Black said:

Way too many words in the chorus. Other than that it's a likeable song to me.

This might just be a baseless opinion, but I kind of feel as though there are a bunch of talented selected musicians at work given a task to create this kind of music. And while they are good at what they do, is it really what they personally want? Hadn't had that feeling previously, but it crept up on me while listening to this multiple times. 

I think that was one of many issues that NU GNR had. The song has that classic GNR vibe with a modern twist to it. I don't think the musicians had the passion to have the classic GNR sound.  To me, this song has a You Could Be Mine feel to it. 

Edited by Draguns

6 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

Josh freese instead of Brain.

If iremember correctly Brain didnt start recording his drum parts until after Rock in Rio. 

Im sure that he said in an interview that it took months even for him to get the musical sheet music of what Josh played. So i think its highly unlikely that Brain had all the drums done by August 2000

Well the recordings are dated November 2000.

It's a good song but realistically if it was released on an album it would pretty much be a filler track. The intro is the best part, other than that it's a catchy but slightly disjointed sounding and formulaic song for mine. Very cool just to hear a full "new" song though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finck2006 said:

Well the recordings are dated November 2000.

Ah. My bad.

Anyway. By what i remeber from some long Brain interview he began by rehearsals to get the rio setlist up to scratch. Then after that during 2001 he did all those drum tracks.

Plus the drum sound in Hardschool sounds more like those 1999 leaks than 2001 twat for example

16 minutes ago, Caedo said:

It's a good song but realistically if it was released on an album it would pretty much be a filler track. The intro is the best part, other than that it's a catchy but slightly disjointed sounding and formulaic song for mine. Very cool just to hear a full "new" song though. 

Agreed. Although this might be a fun rocker for live shows.

18 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Song is decent

Bucket should have handled all the guitar parts on the album - he’s so far ahead of Robin and Paul in skill that it’s almost silly

Love Bucket but I disagree. They have different approaches and styles that just so happen to work extremely well together. Bucket is way more technically skilled than Robin or Paul but they have their own abilities that allowed them to come up with ideas that could only come from them

Better is a good example, Twat is probably the best: Robin's simple and sparse solo is soulful and fits the song perfectly and Bucket's outro is technically more impressive and utilizes a lot of notes but it takes the song to a new level of awesome. Paul came up with the initial ideas for a lot of the "big guns" on the record.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

You know shit guys, this is about Stephanie Seymour

"As tempers fade
And lies forgiven
No cause embraced
Could break what we had
In its place
A storm is lifting
I would've thought you could be more of a man"

That part could be something a woman said to him or it's something Axl says to old male band members. I would go with this being a song to former members, kinda like Sorry could be too.