Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

1 minute ago, Lio said:

I wonder if that means anything, it not having been pulled by anyone. Have there been other full song leaks been up so long on yt?

The past few leaks have been taken down what feels like right away. Usually always have to “search” to get the track.

I remember listening to SOD leak and going to play it again and it was gone. 

25 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

I've only had a chance to listen a few times and I think they'll grow on me more. I don't mind the clean vocals in the right context but, at the same time, I never ever ever listen to studio This I Love when literally any 2010 version with chainsaw rasp is infinitely superior. Same for Madagascar: why do all the multi-layering of the clean voice in the studio for the high parts when it's so much more powerful live when he shreds it? On Hard School they sound weirdly processed in parts e.g when he sings "every chance was givEEEN "lies forgivEEEn"" it's got that weird auto-tune sounding gimmick that sounds artificial, prissy and weak. Same as large parts of Prostitute: don't get me wrong, I love the clean verses that are really vulnerable and beautiful but the high parts sound like a fucking robot singing and it's a total disconnect for me.. And when the guy can sing like the fucking This I Love remix or Axl/DC or 2010 and do that shit live every night, why fuck about in the studio making it sound artificial and overproduced? Give us that one-take Stuck Inside shit from Angel Down. Now I said it's oveeeerrrrrrrOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. 

I HATE the auto tune on street of dreams

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Why does every song have to be about Slash? Like the break-up was Slash's fault? Axl was the egotistical maniac not Slash or Duff. I suppose Izzy never had issues with the red head either? Every other original member left of their own volition, except Steven.

In the mind of an egoistical maniac, it was. ;)

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I HATE the auto tune on street of dreams

Yup. I don't get it. He already has this staggeringly once-in-a-lifetime voice that in the space of a couple different songs live consecutively can do so many different things on a good night. But in the studio he has to gimmick it up. And it's never better. Take Sorry. I like the clean verses/raspy bridge/clean chorus gimmick and when he nails it perfectly live at any 2010 show it sounds loads better than the record. 

Uh, how the fuck is that video still on Youtube? And how does it only have 5,000 views?!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

It leaked an hour ago, no one even noticed.

Just thought of this...does anyone know how the full version leaked? 

Most of us know where the most recent snippet of this song came from, so it is the same person/people who put out the full version?

3 hours ago, weaponsnflowers said:

The song could be Axl self-reflecting and singing about himself throwing it all away or it could be about any of the band members that came and went.

LOL at the thought of Axl being self-reflecting. Ever. I think that is one thing he's not capable of. Especially not in the year 2000.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

LOL at the thought of Axl being self-reflecting. Ever. I think that is one thing he's not capable of. Especially not in the year 2000.

Haha, so true! Although, Axl did try some self-reflection around that era and it just made him believe that he was John Bonham

49 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

I've only had a chance to listen a few times and I think they'll grow on me more. I don't mind the clean vocals in the right context but, at the same time, I never ever ever listen to studio This I Love when literally any 2010 version with chainsaw rasp is infinitely superior. Same for Madagascar: why do all the multi-layering of the clean voice in the studio for the high parts when it's so much more powerful live when he shreds it? On Hard School they sound weirdly processed in parts e.g when he sings "every chance was givEEEN "lies forgivEEEn"" it's got that weird auto-tune sounding gimmick that sounds artificial, prissy and weak. Same as large parts of Prostitute: don't get me wrong, I love the clean verses that are really vulnerable and beautiful but the high parts sound like a fucking robot singing and it's a total disconnect for me.. And when the guy can sing like the fucking This I Love remix or Axl/DC or 2010 and do that shit live every night, why fuck about in the studio making it sound artificial and overproduced? Give us that one-take Stuck Inside shit from Angel Down. Now I said it's oveeeerrrrrrrOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. 

You never disappoint. 110% agree

52 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

It's Brain. I think he confirmed it on Twitter years ago when someone posted him the old 15 seconds leak. Sounds like Brain to me anyway.

Oh, its rad to get that info. Especially the chorus sounds like Brain to me. But if it is Freese it still kinda makes sense if it sounds like Brains playing in Guns because he was playing Fresses parts in many cases. The snare rolls too though, they make me picture Brain doing them - he gets a very particular posture when he's focused on his snare work, haha

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rovim said:

This tune makes me more comfortable with the idea of Slash working on some unreleased Chinese era tunes but my dream scenario is still Axl giving Slash a chance to come up with his own solos for existing material but if Axl still prefers a Robin or Bucket solo, it stays. Slash can also add his own riffs and leads and little fills like Bumble did with the title track or his tapping on Shackler's.

Just no. They should start from scratch.

3 hours ago, weaponsnflowers said:

The song could be Axl self-reflecting and singing about himself throwing it all away or it could be about any of the band members that came and went.

I thought this too because it fits the best but i thought was Axl really that perceptive back when this was written? Unlikely. :lol:

20 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Just no. They should start from scratch.

If you mean not using any of the unreleased material at all then it's possible Slash will be 74 years old when it's released. Also, my guess is the most likely scenario is that there will be some ideas that will be completely new Axl penned tunes, some reworked Chinese era material by Slash n' Duff, and some new songs that will originate from Slash's riffs and compositions and maybe a couple of Duff tunes.

Will that be acceptable for you? also: what if these unreleased tunes you've never heard are actually great songs that Slash will make even better? it's all new to us and a good song is a good song no matter how old it is.

Edited by Rovim

29 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

You never disappoint. 110% agree

I'm really enjoying it on repeated listens. I love the intro and the atmospheric post solo bit with multiple parts weaving together. It's a cool contrast with the mean sections. Hardly the industrial/nu metal he was supposed to be doing in 1998 - 2000. But post solo the vocals just sound a mess buried with a load of noise. I'd like to hear a clearer, cleaner later version with more Bucket. I'm thinking not so much just a b side anymore. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I think he can be self-reflective, but wouldn't do it in the way of these lyrics, so directly. That's my opinion anyway.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh, its rad to get that info. Especially the chorus sounds like Brain to me. But if it is Freese it still kinda makes sense if it sounds like Brains playing in Guns because he was playing Fresses parts in many cases. The snare rolls too though, they make me picture Brain doing them - he gets a very particular posture when he's focused on his snare work, haha

Don't forget Axl liked Brain's "feel" so Brain spent forever transcribing Josh's parts and played them note for note. 

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

If you mean not using any of the unreleased material at all then it's possible Slash will be 74 years old when it's released. Also, my guess is the most likely scenario is that there will be some ideas that will be completely new Axl penned tunes, some reworked Chinese era material by Slash n' Duff, and some new songs that will originate from Slash's riffs and compositions and maybe a couple of Duff tunes.

Will that be acceptable for you? also: what if these unreleased tunes you've never heard are actually great songs that Slash will make even better? it's all new to us and a good song is a good song no matter how old it is.

Why? Slash comes up with shit rather quick. Then have Duff and Axl work their magic on it and boom, we have songs. Much better than having Slash and Duff play over pretty much completed CD songs.