GNRfanMILO

Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

3 hours ago, weaponsnflowers said:

The song could be Axl self-reflecting and singing about himself throwing it all away or it could be about any of the band members that came and went.

I thought this too because it fits the best but i thought was Axl really that perceptive back when this was written? Unlikely. :lol:

20 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Just no. They should start from scratch.

If you mean not using any of the unreleased material at all then it's possible Slash will be 74 years old when it's released. Also, my guess is the most likely scenario is that there will be some ideas that will be completely new Axl penned tunes, some reworked Chinese era material by Slash n' Duff, and some new songs that will originate from Slash's riffs and compositions and maybe a couple of Duff tunes.

Will that be acceptable for you? also: what if these unreleased tunes you've never heard are actually great songs that Slash will make even better? it's all new to us and a good song is a good song no matter how old it is.

Edited by Rovim

29 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

You never disappoint. 110% agree

I'm really enjoying it on repeated listens. I love the intro and the atmospheric post solo bit with multiple parts weaving together. It's a cool contrast with the mean sections. Hardly the industrial/nu metal he was supposed to be doing in 1998 - 2000. But post solo the vocals just sound a mess buried with a load of noise. I'd like to hear a clearer, cleaner later version with more Bucket. I'm thinking not so much just a b side anymore. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

LOL at the thought of Axl being self-reflecting. Ever. I think that is one thing he's not capable of. Especially not in the year 2000.

I think he can be self-reflective, but wouldn't do it in the way of these lyrics, so directly. That's my opinion anyway.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh, its rad to get that info. Especially the chorus sounds like Brain to me. But if it is Freese it still kinda makes sense if it sounds like Brains playing in Guns because he was playing Fresses parts in many cases. The snare rolls too though, they make me picture Brain doing them - he gets a very particular posture when he's focused on his snare work, haha

Don't forget Axl liked Brain's "feel" so Brain spent forever transcribing Josh's parts and played them note for note. 

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

If you mean not using any of the unreleased material at all then it's possible Slash will be 74 years old when it's released. Also, my guess is the most likely scenario is that there will be some ideas that will be completely new Axl penned tunes, some reworked Chinese era material by Slash n' Duff, and some new songs that will originate from Slash's riffs and compositions and maybe a couple of Duff tunes.

Will that be acceptable for you? also: what if these unreleased tunes you've never heard are actually great songs that Slash will make even better? it's all new to us and a good song is a good song no matter how old it is.

Why? Slash comes up with shit rather quick. Then have Duff and Axl work their magic on it and boom, we have songs. Much better than having Slash and Duff play over pretty much completed CD songs.

5 minutes ago, axlinkafayette said:

It's fantastic except the guitar solo is very average.

Why this was left unheard is a real mystery

Because its unfinished. Mystery solved.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Why? Slash comes up with shit rather quick. Then have Duff and Axl work their magic on it and boom, we have songs. Much better than having Slash and Duff play over pretty much completed CD songs.

Alright... but what about Axl stating he wants to start songs from lyrics first? and if we try to be open about it, what if some completed Chinese songs are really great songs and will be a good match for Slash?

It can't all come from Slash. Why would Axl play Slash n' Duff unreleased material and mentioned they liked it if he isn't at least seriously thinking about using some of his best material? Slash n' Duff can make any Axl idea sound more Gn'R. I just don't think we'll get a stripped down Guns album all of a sudden with no orchestration and keyboard and no layers. A musical compromise could make the album better and more diverse imo and also more accommodating to all the players in the line up.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

If anything this song made me realize how much I still want to hear new Axl/ Guns music. 

At the same time, it pisses me of so much that he just doesn't release stuff. It's insane. :D

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I think its a GREAT demo for Slash to work with.

I also agree that the best parts of the song are those that leaked some time ago ...

Slash can turn this song into a hit

Agreed. Arrangement needs to be thought about some more but Slash playing on it will take it to the next level.

sorry to be PITA, but I was out of the loop for the weekend. can someone do me a favor and summarize recent thoughts about the song? most importantly - who's thought to have been on the guitar solos?

thanks ;) 

36 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah that would be ideal I think. I'm sure Slash already has ideas for new songs that they can work on.

Because of songs like this I dislike CD that much. You could say it's a typical CD song and it has nothing to do with the GNR I love.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Don't forget Axl liked Brain's "feel" so Brain spent forever transcribing Josh's parts and played them note for note. 

Yeah, for sure. Thats what Im saying :) "But if it is Freese it still kinda makes sense if it sounds like Brains playing in Guns because he was playing Fresses parts in many cases."

Although I believe he had Universals (sony's?) transcription person do it for him.

17 minutes ago, zombux said:

sorry to be PITA, but I was out of the loop for the weekend. can someone do me a favor and summarize recent thoughts about the song? most importantly - who's thought to have been on the guitar solos?

thanks ;) 

Robin 1st part of the song. Bucket outro

If that was a smkc song, the reaction would be meh, generic etc. 

Its a pretty shit song. Sounds like Nu Metal. Solo is bad. Not surprised it didn’t make the cut. 

15 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Robin 1st part of the song. Bucket outro

so a big part of the song is made from old guitar tracks (because Robin left more than half a year before this was mixed), and the rest was made by absolutely fresh addition to the band (because Buckethead joined very early 2000, and this song was supposed to be mixed on 27th March 2000).

Paul Huge on rhytm guitar I guess and Josh Freese on drums for sure I guess.

edit: of course the date is November 8, when Robin was already back on board.

Edited by zombux

10 minutes ago, zombux said:

so a big part of the song is made from old guitar tracks (because Robin left more than half a year before this was mixed), and the rest was made by absolutely fresh addition to the band (because Buckethead joined very early 2000, and this song was supposed to be mixed on 27th March 2000).

Paul Huge on rhytm guitar I guess and Josh Freese on drums for sure I guess.

The picture says 8 november 2000

Not that it's remotely likely to have happened, but could you guys imagine if the full version didn't leak, and instead they played it at the next gig?

They start off with the intro... oh great, another jam... but then the notes start to become more familiar... could it be?... then that crescendo... then BAM! "All cautions made..."

What a fucking moment that would have been.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Finck2006 said:

The picture says 8 november 2000

fuck, you are right. I got confused by other line of thoughts in my head

Just now, Azifwekare said:

Not that it's remotely likely to have happened, but could you guys imagine if the full version didn't leak, and instead they played it at the next gig?

They start off with the intro... oh great, another jam... but then the notes start to become more familiar... could it be?... then that crescendo... then BAM! "All cautions made..."

What a fucking moment that would have been.

For maybe a few hundred of us. The casuals would be lost as hell.

34 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Curious why that youtube video is allowed to be posted on this thread on how it's still on youtube? lol 

Very strange, indeed.

My two cents: 1. The song is posted under a different name (we know the songs title is Hardschool) and maybe there is some rule on that?

2. Someone from the GnR camp gave exclusive rights to this one user/poster.

3. The people who strike stuff down are on vacation and havnt got around to it yet