GNRfanMILO

Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

It’s funny how no one really gives a shit.

In 2006-2007, this would’ve gotten media attention and a bigger reaction. 

Now it’s like, oh this is cool. And now I gotta go to Home Depot with the wife and pick up some mulch. Maybe I’ll get a hot dog. Mustard and onions? Hmm, maybe just relish. 

And it’s gonna be on streaming services eventually. If it’s ever released at all. And if it is, people have already decided if they’re pirates or not. 

The cat is out of the bag, licking itself, and then taking a nap in front of the guard dogs.

TL;DR: 

LEAK EVERYTHING NOW THIS IS BORING

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, RussTCB said:

People on reddit and discord make all sorts of claims that aren't true lol. 

That discord thing is a strange place... most of the time it's Alfred and some wrestler talking about selling Pokemon cards to each other for thousands of dollars (not sure if that's code for something). Every day the wrestler is like "Hey, just got back from Disneyland, I saw x amount of people in GN'R shirts" (does Disneyland do regular wrestling shows?). Then you've got some other dude posting endless lists of stuff and harrassing everyone because he thinks they have Atlas and he doesn't. People getting kicked out for picking on Alfred...

It's a madhouse over there

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

If that was a smkc song, the reaction would be meh, generic etc. 

Its a pretty shit song. Sounds like Nu Metal. Solo is bad. Not surprised it didn’t make the cut. 

Wut. 

1 hour ago, Gnrfan2001 said:

Now it’s like, oh this is cool. And now I gotta go to Home Depot with the wife and pick up some mulch. Maybe I’ll get a hot dog. Mustard and onions? Hmm, maybe just relish. 

And it’s gonna be on streaming services eventually. If it’s ever released at all. And if it is, people have already decided if they’re pirates or not. 

The cat is out of the bag, licking itself, and then taking a nap in front of the guard dogs.

TL;DR: 

Yep. The song is great, but after 10 years of pretty much nothing, you can't help but get a general feeling of 'Is this it? What's next?'

Too little too late, I guess. I thought there was gonna be so much buzz around this, but the link sat on a public forum for an hour before anyone even noticed.

It's sad what this band and the fanbase have come to.

Edited by Azifwekare

25 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Not that it's remotely likely to have happened, but could you guys imagine if the full version didn't leak, and instead they played it at the next gig?

They start off with the intro... oh great, another jam... but then the notes start to become more familiar... could it be?... then that crescendo... then BAM! "All cautions made..."

What a fucking moment that would have been.

Most of the crowd would be lost and would have no idea what was playing, the typical reaction for most of the CD songs. 

1 minute ago, something.always said:

Most of the crowd would be lost and would have no idea what was playing, the typical reaction for most of the CD songs. 

Yeah, but who cares about the great unwashed? It's their fault we have to sit through LALD, Sweet Mickey O' Mine and a 20 minute KOHD a hundred times over. :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Yeah, but who cares about the great unwashed? It's their fault we have to sit through LALD, Sweet Mickey O' Mine and a 20 minute KOHD a hundred times over. :lol:

i mean its their most popular songs.

Like would metallica do a concert without Sandman, Nothing Else Matters  or Master Puppets. Would ACDC do a concert without Back N Black, Hells Bells or You Shook me all not long?

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

02:07 - Paul Tobias (with Robin in the right channel)

02:18 - 2nd solo - Robin

02:30 - 3rd solo - Robin and Bucket's faint overdub acting kinda like a moody delay layer

03:18 - Chorus - Bucket

03:30 - Chorus 2 - Bucket continues and Robin plays high bends higher in the mix

03:41 - Crescendo - Bucket tapping with Robin trem

03:53 - Ending - Bucket continues and Robin plays the higher notes

this is exactly what I'm thinking about. Paul-Robin-Bucket.

• Like 3

On 8/24/2019 at 1:28 PM, Gnrfan2001 said:

(Verse 1)

All cautions made

Every chance was given

No effort spared

To save what we had

All in good faith

I would not hesitate

To extend myself

And lend you a hand

(Chorus)

But you had to play it cool and do it your way

Had to be a fool and had to throw it all away

Too hard school

And you thought you were here to stay

If that were true, it wouldn't matter anyway

(Verse 2)

As tempers fade

And lies forgiven

No cause embraced

Could break what we had

In its place

A storm had lifted

I would've thought you could've been more of a man

(Chorus)

(Solo)

(Bridge)

(Chorus)

(Outro)

Too hard school

And you thought you were here to stay

If that were true, it wouldn't matter anyway

I have spoken.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zombux said:

this is exactly what I'm thinking about. Paul-Robin-Bucket.

I get the feeling it's Freese on drums though. So my guess would be a 1999/2000 song with Buckethead additions from 2001/2002. 

4 minutes ago, username said:

I get the feeling it's Freese on drums though. So my guess would be a 1999/2000 song with Buckethead additions from 2001/2002. 

I'd also say so, but hard to say. it could be Josh or Brain trying to "play exactly like Josh, just with more feeling" ;):D 

Brain cannot play that sharply to save his life.

Freeses rolls are tight and precise. Every time he hits the pad his mind already knows where he’s going so he’s already getting off. Season drummer sure but best drummer GNR has ever had.

Brains cymbal crashes are louder, more sloppy. His drum kicks deeper with an extra beat delay. So hip hop. You get what you pay for. Really kills the chemistry with Tommy. Matt 2.0.

I noticed pitman has a little synth line before the vocals kick in and some beeps in the very beginning of the intro barely there but this all sounds quite similar to IRS 1999 or whatever the first leaked version is 

Wait what?

Checkmate leaked in full? You mean there's actually a reason to read a section other than anything goes/seen that too after all these years?

3 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Wait what?

Checkmate leaked in full? You mean there's actually a reason to read a section other than anything goes/seen that too after all these years?

13 years later.....crazy how long it took

2 minutes ago, kever20 said:

Due to some of the guitar phrasing being similar to Catcher, could this be the 3rd Brian May track?

I think the 3rd May song is called Perhaps 

1 minute ago, kever20 said:

Due to some of the guitar phrasing being similar to Catcher, could this be the 3rd Brian May track?

Nah. You can usually spot May in one single note. I haven't gotten a May-vibe from any of this yet. 

• GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, kever20 said:

I fought the same thing but then i'm sure I heard somewhere that song was called " perhaps"

Edited by lukepowell1988

3 minutes ago, kever20 said:

I don't think there's anything similar to what Brian May sounds like in this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

If that was a smkc song, the reaction would be meh, generic etc. 

Its a pretty shit song. Sounds like Nu Metal. Solo is bad. Not surprised it didn’t make the cut. 

someone should mix / mashup it with world of fire, cause it fits chord wise in my opinion. 

48 minutes ago, Gnrfan2001 said:

TL;DR: 

In 2006-2007 Chinese still hadn't come out yet and Slash wasn't back, so the leaks back then were more noteworthy and huge because those were the first legitimate recordings of what Axl had been up to this whole time

Now in 2019, Chinese has been out for over 10 years and it's release was imperfect plus Slash and Duff are back so now the only people that care this much about these old CD era leaks are the hardcore fans now

• Like 1