Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

My take on the track is that in general it's pretty good. Although I do like the intro it does feel a bit out of place just starting the song like that, the first part of the solo is really place holder sounding but the rest I quite like. It does sound early to me when compared to everything else that has leaked. 

I think I'd date this around the 'oh my god' timeline. Same drum sound, vocals. To me it sounds like Brain on drums too, the snare rolls etc. reminds of me of the rio gig.

50 minutes ago, axlsalinger said:

And I am also one of those who hates the fact that people inevitably say that EVERY. SINGLE. NEW. SONG. is about Slash. Prostitute is about GNR, and maybe Sorry and The Blues referred to Slash. But I will agree that these lyrics for Hard School do seem to be about him. 

Hard School is sooo about Slash, like I know quite a few CD songs have been said by fans it is about Slash where it may not be the case but I for sure think this song is:

"But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away"             

-   Those lines for sure are referring to what Axl called during the 06 Eddie Trunk thing as "Slash trying to take control of the band" and in Axl's eyes just be a difficult presence with maybe the Snakepit fiasco and Paul Huge, and eventually quitting GNR

"Too hard school" I interpret as Axl saying Slash was too busy living his "hard knock life" with the drug abuse and turbulent lifestyle in the 90's as opposed to doing what Axl thought was the best thing for GNR

I saved all the leaks/snippets of Hardschool/checkmate and seemed to notice that the very first snippet that we had goes

"All efforts made,

Every chance was given

No efforts spared

To save what we had

[repeated 2x then it goes through without transition] [fade to end] "

The full song leak we had goes

"All efforts made,

Every chance was given

No efforts spared

To save what we had,

[did not repeat, went to a different lyrics]

All in good faith

I did not hesitate

To extend myself

and lend you my hand

[and it transitions to the verse which we first heard in the 2nd leak/snippet]"

Anyone got info on this? or was the first ever leak got looped

5 minutes ago, jm9730011 said:

Anyone got info on this? or was the first ever leak got looped

To quote my reply in the thread you made with that question:  

The first leak from Razz got looped.  I always found it annoying lol but yeah with the original unaltered first leak you would hear the "all i-" before it cut off, which is the start of the "all in good faith" line

But on Youtube since that initial 16 second clip, fans ended up cutting of that start off the second stanza and looped the first to make it longer sounding

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

To quote my reply in the thread you made with that question:  

The first leak from Razz got looped.  I always found it annoying lol but yeah with the original unaltered first leak you would hear the "all i-" before it cut off, which is the start of the "all in good faith" line

But on Youtube since that initial 16 second clip, fans ended up cutting of that start off the second stanza and looped the first to make it longer sounding

thanks, time for me to delete that thread. I just to clarify this.

20 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Axl really needs to change the way he sings “more of a man” here. He sounds like a retard the way he’s singing it.

Upon listening to it a few more times, I realize I was mistaken. It’s not the way he’s singing it, but rather the way the vocals are mixed. The line gets “buried” under the chorus line that comes right after, if that makes sense. Playing around with the mixing levels might be enough for them to fix it.

17 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Well it's off YouTube, I wonder what Team Brazil did this weekend to miss that leak for so long.

They were busy working on promotional material for their new product. We’ve had a GN’R plane and GN’R trains. Be on the lookout for GN’R bikes coming soon! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, djones1225 said:

Well it's off YouTube, I wonder what Team Brazil did this weekend to miss that leak for so long.

Had a similar thought. Looks like leaking stuff on a weekend or near a holiday (a lot of people in the US take the last week of August off) is a good strategy!

28 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Maybe it was one of the big guns for CD II. 

I don't know that it was a "big gun" but it was surely intended for release.  People keep ignoring/not believing there was really a CD 2 planned.  I think a song like this goes a long way toward proving there was supposed to be a CD2.  This wasn't a song that simply "didn't make the cut" or some shit.  It's an awesome track.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

I don't know that it was a "big gun" but it was surely intended for release.  People keep ignoring/not believing there was really a CD 2 planned.  I think a song like this goes a long way toward proving there was supposed to be a CD2.  This wasn't a song that simply "didn't make the cut" or some shit.  It's an awesome track.

I agree. And considering this is just a god knows how many years old demo, it easily could have been a big gun with perhaps some modifications. 
Also, while Sorry may have been inspired by Slash, it cannot be deemed strictly about him, since some lines would not make much sense then ("difference is nobody cares about you") – but this Hard School song, it could definitely be completely about him; in fact, I’m almost sure it is. It wouldn’t fit the Izzy situation too much, and the rest is out of the question. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mangler said:

I think it's a fucking banger! Is the version we may have from a popular video hosting site the best quality version that leaked?

Merck said it was't even in the top 15 or something. I don't think it's a big gun.

Did he? Maybe top 15 for CD 1? Or his own top 15? Anyway, it would have been a killer on CD 2.