Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

Always saw lots of potential in the clip and the recent extended one but the song as a whole is a little predictable given Axl’s ambitions at the time. Same with the (it sounds like it’s about Slash) lyrics for that era, and I don’t honestly think it’s more worthy than anything on CD. It could be interchangeable with Scraped or Riad but that’s to call it filler.

I still see potential but if the lyrics didn’t need a complete rewrite before, they do now. There’s no doubt that this is the kind of song Slash could work with and improve.

Edited by Stress Fracture

I still think people over estimate things when it’s Axl/Guns. 

If it was a Slash solo song I think the reaction would be very different. 

We’d be criticizing it as uninspired/generic guitar playing, mediocre solo, unnecessarily long intro. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

We’d be criticizing it as uninspired/generic guitar playing, mediocre solo, unnecessarily long intro. 

That's what happens when you have one artist who puts out 15 songs every 3 years and another who has put out 15 songs in 25 years. The one who is productive gets taken for granted and the one who isn't gets the mystique factor.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

But that's exactly what people are doing with this song. People are criticizing the mediocre solo and the intro etc... Few people love the solo, but it's the chorus and the verses that people love.

The reason why people aren't bashing the solo more is cause it's a demo. An unfinishes song. People see it as a placeholder solo. The song has an enormous amount of potential because the chorus and the verses are so good though.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

33 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

I don't agree. I think most people have said it needed some work, many people have said they don't like the guitar. And then you have people who hate it, maybe because it doesn't have Slash, and other people who absolutely love it.

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

That's what happens when you have one artist who puts out 15 songs every 3 years and another who has put out 15 songs in 25 years. The one who is productive gets taken for granted and the one who isn't gets the mystique factor.

I don't think Slash's work is taken for granted, but of course it's a bit less of an event than when it's an Axl song :lol:

• Like 1

I love how people seem to expect a song from a CD called "Rough Mixes #3" to sound fully mixed, mastered and EQ'd. Of course it isn't, this was never intended for release.

I still love the song, better than a lot of songs on Chinese imo. I do however realize that it's not finished yet, both songwriting and production wise.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

I haven't heard it, couldn't find it anywhere.

But if the song is as good as the snippet, leak or not, I hope it gets an official release one day. Hearing an "approved" version always feels better than just listening to leaks.

For me the chorus is better than the snippet that we've heard for so long. Love the song, I didn't imagine nothing like that, I imagined that the rest of the song was slower, but I was totally wrong.

I think Hard school is a bit of a let down after hearing the 22 second clip a few weeks back. It’s still a decent song and I guess at the end of the day it’s not a finished song but for me it would be a good song for Slash to rework and add his tone and lead to the song then it would sound more like a GNR song. 

3 hours ago, Mangler said:

I think it's a fucking banger! Is the version we may have from a popular video hosting site the best quality version that leaked?

Merck said it was't even in the top 15 or something. I don't think it's a big gun.

It was IRS that he said wasn't in the top 10 at which point he was referring to all the songs, not just the Chinese tracklist we got. 

I’m sure it’s already been stated but it’s an very obvious early demo, having said that I really like the song. Axls vocals are on point, band is on fire. But again, definitely a very choppy demo... almost like they could go 3 different ways with a finalized version.

I always said I wouldn’t listen to any demos/leaks but considering it’s coming up on 11 years since CD, and with the yearly “new album coming soon” rumors with no clear fact about it actually happening I took the plunge.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

I found a other version that missing the 4 secs of silence and the file is 5.46 mt.

This one is legit aswell?

Quality seems the same

maybe someone edited the silence out?

the CD photo says the track is 3:58 long

4 minutes ago, zombux said:

CD photo

What'd I miss? 

I'm hoping/assuming asking for this photo isn't against the rules....

4 minutes ago, axljungle said:

WTF! I just read that there was 1 minute of Atlas Shrugged in the net and I missed it. Shit!!

When? I've heard multiple ones, but they all turned out fake. I'm assumuing that if this was real, there'd be a thread about it. 

Edited by username

6 minutes ago, axljungle said:

WTF! I just read that there was 1 minute of Atlas Shrugged in the net and I missed it. Shit!!

I heard Hardschool about 30 times and I like it more and more. Great song, I'm praying for a new album soon.

A minute of atlas has been out for a few weeks. The quality is pretty poor, but from the clip I heard it's a pretty good song

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, username said:

What'd I miss? 

When? I've heard multiple ones, but they all turned out fake. I'm assumuing that if this was real, there'd be a thread about it. 

Atlas leak is legitimate, but it was just a phone recording (little over a minute in length). It's kinda in the vein of TWAT, a bit ploddier, kinda Soundgarden down on the upside (y). Liked it more than hardschool. 

Still amazed that none of these leaks are being talked about outside this forum🤔

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Atlas leak is legitimate, but it was just a phone recording (little over a minute in length). It's kinda in the vein of TWAT, a bit ploddier, kinda Soundgarden down on the upside (y). Liked it more than hardschool. 

Still amazed that none of these leaks are being talked about outside this forum🤔

They are being discussed on other gnr forums, but I think for the mass public it’s not going to mean much unless something with axl and slash comes out.

28 minutes ago, username said:

What'd I miss? 

Yeah, it leaked about the time a huge leak seemed on the horizon, but the thread got closed because the huge leak didn't happen. Maybe you missed it because of that?