Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

33 minutes ago, Bluefish18 said:

12 hours ago, I was convinced I’d never hear this song in its entirety. Today, I blared it all the way to work- life is good!

synced it with itunes yesterday.. listened all way down to work today.. repet mode..cool for an inyection of power for a monday

• Like 1

I remember when Better first leaked. It was just the first verse or something like that. It took a day or two for the full song to leak, but people were already building their own expectations about the rest of the song. So when they heard that intro, and then the chorus, the bridge and breakdown, I can't tell you how many were saying it was an early skectchy demo, fake (someone else playing) or fan-made (mashed-up with another song) because it didnt sound cohesive or whatever. 

The same thing is happening with High School. People built their own expectations about what the full song would sound like, and when it came out and was a bit unexpected in some ways (the verse and chorus were repetitive, and the breakdown/solo section feels really different and moody), the reaction again was to call it disjointed, not cohesive, sketchy and even fake.

My point is: I believe the way it was "released" - first back in 2006 with only a snippet, than a month ago with the chorus - may affect a lot of those reaction. Not on everybody, of course. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I remember when Better first leaked. It was just the first verse or something like that. It took a day or two for the full song to leak, but people were already building their own expectations about the rest of the song. So when they heard that intro, and then the chorus, the bridge and breakdown, I can't tell you how many were saying it was an early skectchy demo, fake (someone else playing) or fan-made (mashed-up with another song) because it didnt sound cohesive or whatever. 

The same thing is happening with High School. People built their own expectations about what the full song would sound like, and when it came out and was a bit unexpected in some ways (the verse and chorus were repetitive, and the breakdown/solo section feels really different and moody), the reaction again was to call it disjointed, not cohesive, sketchy and even fake.

My point is: I believe the way it was "released" - first back in 2006 with only a snippet, than a month ago with the chorus - may affect a lot of those reaction. Not on everybody, of course. 

It's just a dirty, simple, rock song in the vein of Chinese Democracy & IRS.  Not surprised that it was written and recorded during that era of creativity. I definitely dig it!

• Like 1

Has anyone heard about a hoarder named Robert B.? Apparently he has strong ties to Levisnuts. So strong infact they work together at a law office in Virginia, found very near coordinates found in the metadata for the original photos of the CDs from the stash, used to sell them. Not the locker buyer but probably the 2nd pair of hands on them.

10 hours ago, Gold top 78 said:

I think Hard school is a bit of a let down after hearing the 22 second clip a few weeks back. It’s still a decent song and I guess at the end of the day it’s not a finished song but for me it would be a good song for Slash to rework and add his tone and lead to the song then it would sound more like a GNR song. 

I feel the same way on all points.

5 hours ago, Gackt said:

If the vault is ever opened and the tracks are officially released, I'd much rather hear them in their original state as a demo collection than having any parts re-recorded with the current line-up to preserve the integrity.  Big if though.

In the event a new Guns album is actually happening and they want to use old songs like Oh My God, they should take the route Megadeth did with Th1rt3en and re-record them from scratch so it isn't a frankenstein'd mess of decades of recordings. 

Were the songs on Thirteen older ones? What did they do there?

39 minutes ago, DeperilsofrockNRollDekednz said:

Missed some of the pithy wisdom offered here. Does anyone recall Axl’s message board 2008 interview where he mentioned Robin Finck’s valuable contribution to Jackie Chan, which supposedly is part of of CD2 and also known as Hardschool? 

He didnt said that

20 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Verse and chorus are great, the rest is a bit forgettable. The intro does not do the rest of the song justice, and bridge/solo section is very strange.

Couldn't have said it better. The intro and bridge should be replaced.

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Were the songs on Thirteen older ones? What did they do there?

Black Swan, Millennium of the Blind & New World Order were obscure Megadeth tracks originally recorded years prior to Th1rt3en.  Sudden Death was a song written for Guitar Hero that was also re-worked for the album.

On 2019-08-25 at 11:18 AM, The Black said:

Way too many words in the chorus. Other than that it's a likeable song to me.

This might just be a baseless opinion, but I kind of feel as though there are a bunch of talented selected musicians at work given a task to create this kind of music. And while they are good at what they do, is it really what they personally want? Hadn't had that feeling previously, but it crept up on me while listening to this multiple times. 

Totally agree. First time I’ve heard someone say that, too many words. The chorus is just too muddy. If he had rephrased the chorus it might have been pretty cool. Now the song is just ok.

4 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

The thing with Better was different. I remember that almost everyone was possitive about it. At least everyone i know was hyped.

On iTunes I have it so it starts 55 seconds in, just like the first ever leak from Razz.

Cut the intro, have Axl rerecord the verses with his 2010s growl, get some Slash on there (but you can keep the first part of the guitar solo, whether that's Finck or Tobias I can't tell), and you've got a worthy YCBM successor for the 21st century.

Riad was another rocker with potential that had an ultimately pointless (and expensive, thanks to a lawsuit) intro tacked on.

A lot of the ChiDem songs in their infancy either have too little, or too much. I prefer the album versions of Better and TWAT, they sound more "complete" and refined to me, but with rockers like Riad and Hard School they would work better with fewer layers and parts rather than more.

It sucks, and I hate listening to obvious unfinished songs. But having said that in GNR world IMO you almost have to listen, this isn’t a normal band in any sense of the word especially when it comes to album releases.

Ive seen too many times that a random gnr song leaks people inevitably believe an album will come out shortly then after.... then a year goes by, and another year, and another...so on and so on.

I bought the AFD reissue, and I would buy any other album gnr would put out. But at this point albums are the carrots, and we are the horses. We finally got a taste.

• Haha 1